Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    It's not a difficulty thing, even, though. I mean, look at Vanilla. I used to go out and solo elites and so on in Silithus for hours on end. Technically that was far "harder" than what we're doing now. But I was even more zoned-out/on-autopilot listening to the radio or watching TV or whatever.

It's that playing WoW solo is a very simple exercise, if it's content you can do and you're not trying to get some kind of high score. The only solo content I can think of which wasn't like that was maybe Legendary quests in Vanilla and the role-tests in MoP and I guess the Mage Tower in Legion. Playing with others requires a little more focus, esp. if you're not a dick, because there's a lot more going on.
    I think that largely depends on the role, and the level of group content you're doing. There was a point in cata where I had my bear tank set up with macros to use only 3 buttons for when I was zerging heroics later on in the expansion. By then they'd be nerfed to hell, and I didn't really have to pay much attention since I was the tank and set the pace. The only time I even paused what was on the second monitor was during boss fights.

But that's an exception, not the rule. I completely agree that group content requires you to pay more attention, if only to not fall behind the other players.

And for the record, I would LOVE more Mage Tower type content. Hell, I'd even settle for open world quest mobs that weren't brain dead. I'm hoping Blizzard really makes good use of the island NPC AI next expansion.

I stopped doing WQ's and emissaries when i capped HoA at 50. Felt like a lot of AP was going to waste and started playing an alt instead. I'll resume in 8.2

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so happy and blessed that I have a good job and can just buy WoW tokens to get gold. This grind would make me suicidal

But honestly, if I ever decide to go for the Paragon toys, this is quite useful, +1 for effort

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    World quests is varied content? The AH changes every day, always something to keep up with.

Its also about being efficent with your time, its soo slow your method Im like...damn.
    But why are you playing WoW? Are you doing it to be efficient or are you you doing it to play the game? I like going out in the world and doing stuff. Sitting in town and playing the AH is not why I play WoW.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    And for the record, I would LOVE more Mage Tower type content. Hell, I'd even settle for open world quest mobs that weren't brain dead. I'm hoping Blizzard really makes good use of the island NPC AI next expansion.
    I think what they really need to do is study players and make their AI NPCs dumb in the way players are, which unfortunately they are not. Particularly they need to have slower reactions (still too much unlikely pivoting from the AI NPCs) and little awareness of what's happening behind them (like, maybe they only check periodically, and some don't check at all). They should fuck up using abilities too, like blowing an interrupt and missing the thing they were trying to interrupt and so on.

I mean, we've all played PvP a lot I suspect - plenty of times on a Warrior I managed to sneak into the enemy base in WSG and grab the flag, against humans, even sometimes when they were nearby. But that'd never happen against AI NPCs. They're too fast, too psychic (as in, they know stuff that's happening because they're told it by the computer, not because they have a legit reason to know it), and too prone to constantly moving and so on.

Basically they have yet to beat the annoying-ness out of them. They need to be lazier and make more mistakes. One that might help is having it so that they have more of a "reaction time", i.e. the computer notifies them about something, but then they have a randomized timer before they're allowed to act on it.

Also less fucking jumping jesus! I know they already said they cut that down but human players do not jump that much or at such odd moments.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2019-06-04 at 06:44 PM.

Also less fucking jumping jesus! I know they already said they cut that down but human players do not jump that much or at such odd moments.
    I think that's being done intentionally to highlight and make them easily identified as the new NPCs, and not just another mob. Not everyone is super observant, and could get angry if they thought they were put in what they perceive as a PvP encounter.

It's actually veey subtle and clever of Blizzard to make it obvious that they're not players like that.

This thread is just making me consider outright removal of the auction house. I mean, when people seriously defend playing the auction house in an MMO instead of actually going out in the world, someone saying going out in the world in an MMO makes them suicidal, I mean DAMN....might be time for the AH to GO.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    This thread is just making me consider outright removal of the auction house. I mean, when people seriously defend playing the auction house in an MMO instead of actually going out in the world, someone saying going out in the world in an MMO makes them suicidal, I mean DAMN....might be time for the AH to GO.
    Going out is fine, but doing WQ is actually worse than eating dirt.

Its nothing but fly here, pull everything, click the shinies, fly to the next blue area, rinse and repeat, everyday.

Alliance for 6/4/19: 1/3 Tortollans (expires in 2 days), 0/4 Order of Embers (Drustvar) (expires in 3 days)

1. Fly to Fallhaven, Drustvar. (1 minute 45 seconds)
    2. Do Calligraphy WQ.
    3. Fly to Barbthorn Ridge, Drustvar.
    4. Do Barbthorn Queen WQ. (follow road around mountain and onto dirt path. Queen is inside cave)
    5. Hearth home. (3 minutes 45 seconds)

Now at 2/3 Tortollans (expires in 2 days), 2/4 Order of Embers (Drustvar) (expires in 3 days)

Horde for 6/4/19: 1/3 Tortollans (expires in 2 days), 0/4 Voldunai (Vol'dun) (expires in 3 days)

1. Fly to Tortaka Refuge, Vol'dun.(2 minutes, 30 seconds)
    2. Do "Make Loh Go" WQ. (3 minutes 30 seconds
    3. Ride back to flight path.
    4. Fly to Terrace of the Devoted, Vol'dun.
    5. Do Calligraphy WQ.
    6. Hearth home. (6 minutes)
    7. Fly to Scaletrader Post, Zuldazar.
    8. Turn in Tortollan emissary. (7 minutes 45 seconds)

Now at 2/4 Volundai (expires in 3 days)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mikazukinoyaiba View Post

Its nothing but fly here, pull everything, click the shinies, fly to the next blue area, rinse and repeat, everyday.
    I think its got everything you want in an MMO, especially with war mode turned on. You go outside, play with allies, kill some people on the other faction, see the world. WQs would be incredible if there was a true in-game community, or if they existed in vanilla WoW. But I mean, if you don't like going out in a massive game world killing NPC and PCs, MMOs just might not be for you.

I admit the only toon I have that permanently has war mode turned on its my priest, but that's because people are not scared of priests so they actually attack me during WQs, which is fun.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikazukinoyaiba View Post

It's vastly less bad than actual Dailies were, frankly. And thus calling it "worse than eating dirt" makes me wonder why you've been playing a game which was "worse than eating dirt" for 11 years (presuming you've played since WotLK).

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The AH has become this weird thing which essentially splits players into two groups:

1) Those who only use it very occasionally if they chance across something that is both valuable, and likely to actually move in 48 hours, or if they need something.

and

2) Those who spent a great deal of time and effort (and usually a mod or ten) fiddling with it in order to make money off everyone else.

And it's like a 95/5% split between the former and latter.

It didn't used to be like that. in Vanilla it functioned as designed - most players interacted with it a bit - putting stuff they found but didn't need up for sale, buying stuff they did need. Some people engaged with it more, but it was basically functional.

Now? Over a decade of complete neglect has meant the AH's interface is incredibly bad and it repels the vast majority of players, who quickly find that instead of being able to make money, they just keep putting up the same items - however appropriately priced - and they don't sell - even huge undercutting often doesn't get items to move. Crafted items tend to sell far below the cost of the ingredients, with a few exceptions (whereas in Vanilla through Wrath they typically sold far above it) - some of this isn't the AH but Blizzard's weird choice to make crafting largely only make worthless things. And putting stuff up without mods and pricing it correctly is ridiculous chore. This made sense when many items sold, and sold well, but when most items don't sell? Ugh.

So get rid of it? Maybe not. But massively change it, definitely. That's another thread though.

It's vastly less bad than actual Dailies were, frankly. And thus calling it "worse than eating dirt" makes me wonder why you've been playing a game which was "worse than eating dirt" for 11 years (presuming you've played since WotLK).

The AH has become this weird thing which essentially splits players into two groups:

1) Those who only use it very occasionally if they chance across something that is both valuable, and likely to actually move in 48 hours, or if they need something.

and

2) Those who spent a great deal of time and effort (and usually a mod or ten) fiddling with it in order to make money off everyone else.

And it's like a 95/5% split between the former and latter.

It didn't used to be like that. in Vanilla it functioned as designed - most players interacted with it a bit - putting stuff they found but didn't need up for sale, buying stuff they did need. Some people engaged with it more, but it was basically functional.

Now? Over a decade of complete neglect has meant the AH's interface is incredibly bad and it repels the vast majority of players, who quickly find that instead of being able to make money, they just keep putting up the same items - however appropriately priced - and they don't sell - even huge undercutting often doesn't get items to move. Crafted items tend to sell far below the cost of the ingredients, with a few exceptions (whereas in Vanilla through Wrath they typically sold far above it) - some of this isn't the AH but Blizzard's weird choice to make crafting largely only make worthless things. And putting stuff up without mods and pricing it correctly is ridiculous chore. This made sense when many items sold, and sold well, but when most items don't sell? Ugh.

So get rid of it? Maybe not. But massively change it, definitely. That's another thread though.
    You speak the truth for sure.

But I like to think that the playerbase just got smarter. More people's eyes opened up to the idea that AH play saves you much more time. As a mount collector that buys all vendor crap, and some other costly BOE's I need a lot more gold than what farming in the world could ever give me. Back in WOTLk I would had done the same as OP, infact I did - Back then I was doing daylies for gold...Yes you got 11g pr. dayli or so, and that I did a lot. Couple with grinding leathers etc.

But my gold income got nowhere, I was spending way to much time just trying to get 16k gold for the mammoth vendor mount. Thats when I turned to AH play end of WOTLK, made my first 100k gold and never looked back. Since WOD I made like...well 30-40 million gold, and its great when blizzard keeps adding way to costly things and inflation is rampant.

WoW is also f2play for me since gold token and thats awesome. Plus I buy all shop mounts when christmas sale happens, and ofc the other blizzard games I care for for free.

Look OP; I like your idea, but I saw the light. Same thing with Diablo 3 and its AH..I flipped bee'zzzz (Slang for billion...ehh, our memes were great back then :P) on the AH cause it was the fastest way to gear up, and I loved it.

Maybe its just the way I am, In not good at math or very interested in economics IRL, but I still see its potential and how it can help me.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2019-06-05 at 06:30 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    You speak the truth for sure.

But I like to think that the playerbase just got smarter. More people's eyes opened up to the idea that AH play saves you much more time.
    Remember that in the early days of Diablo 3, people realized that the most efficient way to play was to just play the auction house all day. It became a joke, so they removed the auction house. That's why when I see people starting to actually DEFEND the idea of playing the auction house all day instead of going out in the world and playing the game, I start to think we NEED to remove the auction house in WoW, too.

Its the exact same situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    I dont know how you do that. After 2 WQ:s im ready to blow my brains out.
    Same here. How can people enjoy this?

Alliance for 6/5/19: 2/3 Tortollans (expires tomorrow), 2/4 Order of Embers (Drustvar) (expires in 2 days), 0/4 Champions of Azeroth (Magni) (expires in 3 days)

1. Fly to Norwington Estate, Tiragarde Sound.
    2. Ride north and kill Alchemist Pitts (underground in a cave) for Azerite Empowerment WQ.
    3. Whistle back to flight path. (2 minutes)
    4. Fly to Fort Daelin, Stormsong Valley.
    5. Do Calligraphy WQ.
    6. Fly to Seekers Vista, Stormsong Valley.
    7. Turn in Tortollan Emissary. (5 minutes)

Now at 2/4 Order of Embers (Drustvar) (expires in 2 days), 1/4 Champions of Azeroth (Magni) (expires in 3 days)

Horde for 6/5/19: 2/4 Volundai (expires in 2 days), 0/4 Champions of Azeroth (Magni) (expires in 3 days)

1. Fly to Gloom Hollow, Nazmir
    2. Ride north and do Zebast the Everliving (inside a cave)
    3. Hearth home.

Now at 2/4 Volundai (expires in 2 days), 1/4 Champions of Azeroth (Magni) (expires in 3 days)
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2019-06-06 at 07:30 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This quote here should raise some red flags in any blizzard employee working on wow who reads these forums.
    If people are still playing the game and paying the subs, where exactly is the problem?

Content that they push for retail wow is so shit that people cant go through it without drugs, youtube and netflix.
    Not substantiated. Have you considered alternative hypotheses?

I watch Netflix while playing WoW, but only while doing routine activities, and for what I'd call second tier shows. It's just a more efficient use of my time. I have roughly 3 hours a night that I can spend playing games and watching TV. If I can do both at the same time, why wouldn't I? And to be clear, if I had to sacrifice one, it would be Netflix.

If I am raiding or doing dungeons or PvP then I am not watching Netflix - I focus my attention entirely on the game. If am wanting to watch a good show (eg GoT) then I go to the TV and focus on that.

It's absolutely not, for me at least, an indication that modern WoW is shit at all. It stems from the fact that WoW offers a wide variety of content some of which demands more active attention than others. Which is a good thing. Much though I enjoy the more intense activities in WoW (like raiding), it isn't particularly relaxing. Spending an hour or two just doing casual stuff while watching a show on Netflix is, for me, a good way to wind down at the end of a hard day's work.