Poll: WORST expansion in the last five years

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    at the start 5k was a decent amount
    also you seem to forget

allowed you to speed up legendary completion time.
    Yeah, a catchup mechanic that got added over half a year later than the quests(so not at a time where the quests were relevant content for people who played consistently) and at a time where apexis was much, much more abundant thanks to follower missions throwing it at you.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yeah, a catchup mechanic that got added over half a year later than the quests(so not at a time where the quests were relevant content for people who played consistently) and at a time where apexis was much, much more abundant thanks to follower missions throwing it at you.
    so because its a catch up means it does not exist?
    i love how you lot keep pushing the goal post
    "they were never used"
    "They were used but only in optinal things"
    "Ok they were uysed in required things but small amounts"
    "Ok they were used in required things in massive amounts, but only for alts"

what next "ok they were used in massive amounts required for mains and alts of all kinds but it was in wod and wod is 2 expansions old now so that means its perfect"
    this literally happens every fucking time.
    "Cataclysm is the absolute worst shit"
    "Mop and cataclysm absolute worst shit"
    then wod came along "Cata was not that bad... mop was shit though, and wod is shit"
    "Mop was not that bad, but wod was absolute shit though, so is legion."
    "Wod was not that bad, legion and BFA are shit though."

the current, and whatever happened in the last few years are "always the worst" while stuff that is older is always better.

there is a reason old folks say "BACK IN MY DAY WE BROKE OUR LEGS AND JUST HAD THEM AMPUTATED.... those were the days, they were the best"

yeah im sure it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

lol so when something in wod had a super high cost it was fine
    but when bfa or legion does its bad?
    wut?
    I didn't say it was fine that apexis gear cost as much as it did. I'm just saying it did cost an absurd amount to the point where it was not a relevant currency, because the amount of grinding you'd have to do to get anything wasn't worth it. Apexis is in no way comparable to AP, because AP is a permanent power increase to your character, where apexis was a super inefficient method of gear progression. Apexis also wasn't the generic reward for everything in the game, and apexis had a point where it stopped being relevant to your character and you could safely ignore it. AP, for most people, never stops being relevant and yet it's the most boring reward in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

so because its a catch up means it does not exist?
    i love how you lot keep pushing the goal post
    "they were never used"
    "They were used but only in optinal things"
    "Ok they were uysed in required things but small amounts"
    "Ok they were used in required things in massive amounts, but only for alts"

what next "ok they were used in massive amounts required for mains and alts of all kinds but it was in wod and wod is 2 expansions old now so that means its perfect"
    this literally happens every fucking time.
    "Cataclysm is the absolute worst shit"
    "Mop and cataclysm absolute worst shit"
    then wod came along "Cata was not that bad... mop was shit though, and wod is shit"
    "Mop was not that bad, but wod was absolute shit though, so is legion."
    "Wod was not that bad, legion and BFA are shit though."
    No goal posts have moved. You were comparing AP and apexis, when they're nothing alike. One was a currency that was extremely inefficient to use for anything other than 1 quest for the legendary(and I guess catchup if you somehow managed to fall behind), the other is a reward that the entire game is being warped around. Also maybe stop with the projecting, you can whiteknight Blizzard without the idiotic narrative of people just complaining about things because they're new.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I don't have a problem with any of them. I've played with casually since Mists and the game hasn't really felt that different. The class design for mage hasn't changed nearly as much as other classes. So I've been fortunate for that.

I think the award for worst of the last three expansions has to go to Warlords just because of the serious content drought: missing an entire raid tier, the lack of Garrison customisation, Bladespire/Karabor being replaced by warspear/stormshield, no feralon, no goria, no Shattrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    it''s an opinion piece. no need to cite.

And you say you only do raids because that's all you do. you don't care for PVP or Mythic+ even though they are better than last expansions imo.

And no. in WOD, you literally had nothing to do beside staying in the garisson waiting for raids to do. In BFA, i find myself always doing something like Mythic+ or farming island expedition or even doing world quests when i have the time.
    But that's the thing, I have no reason to do anything but raiding in BfA outside of a single +10 mythic per week and praying that it titanforges.
    For me personally, BfA has the same amount of content because I outgear everything else and have been consistantly doing so since about a month into the expansion.

Secondly, class design is a lot more lacking than what it was in WoD, a lot thanks to Blizzard trying to substitute every character customization/interaction you have from items with Azerite items, which more often than not are just "pick the passive option".
    On my frost DK, the actual spec specific traits aren't even in the top 15 best throughput options. ALL of my traits are entirely passive stat procs.

Thanks to that, it doesn't matter if the content is fun or not when it's extremely hard to enjoy it thanks to how scuffed classes feel in BfA, even if I would have an actual gear incentive to run that content.

I also used to do more PvP than PvE, but Legion effectively killed PvP and it's not much better in BfA.

To those who say WoD is worse BECAUSE it was abandoned halfway while BfA at least being worked on: we don't know what the last patch is gonna look like. For all we know they might have shifted the better patch to the middle and go out with a lighter patch as the last. That would suck and not much chance for it, but it still can happen. so I'd say we should wait till the last patch to decide about this argument.

there is only one correct answer for this. Wod. Blizzard even gave up on it themselves.

People keep giving bfa crap. But main reason for that is that its too like legion. If bfa came first and legion after. people would say the same shit about legion.

I still enjoyed playing monk in WoD, especially mistweaver. Even though the expansion was terrible I actually was subscribed for a fair amount of it. BfA is so bad I don't actually understand how they managed it since Legion was pretty good.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Hahaha! Have to limit it to five years to make sure BfA at least gets second place. These polls keep getting more and more disingenuous. What's next? What's the worst expansion with a name starting with B and ending with H?
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Idk how people can hate WoD more than Bfa. Both games had little worth doing but at least in WoD you had interesting specs with lots of unique abilities and awesome raids. BfA has M+ but there's little motivation to do more than 1 a week and otherwise the classes are all pretty much a downgrade and there's no way you I could rate BoD as well as BRF.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixxis View Post
    Idk how people can hate WoD more than Bfa. Both games had little worth doing but at least in WoD you had interesting specs with lots of unique abilities and awesome raids. BfA has M+ but there's little motivation to do more than 1 a week and otherwise the classes are all pretty much a downgrade and there's no way you I could rate BoD as well as BRF.
    "alot" you mean 3... and thats it, 2 of them launch, one patch raid...
    also lots of unique abilities? what the fuck you talking about mate?
    also nah IMO BoD far better then BRF, Blast furnace was trash, so was hanz franz, so was oregorger other then second phase, literally the only fun part of the fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Hahaha! Have to limit it to five years to make sure BfA at least gets second place. These polls keep getting more and more disingenuous. What's next? What's the worst expansion with a name starting with B and ending with H?
    yeah cant be "of all time" has to be "of the last 5 years"

might aswell just go all the way to say "what is the worst expansion in the last 5 months?"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Too many people have voted for Legion. That was the best of the bunch, and better than other xpaks not listed as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    WoD was literally shit.
    Legion was cool.
    BfA hmm is ok but its to much copy paste. But i would judge it when BfA would be ended.

I'd have to give it to BfA if it keeps on this course. It's so fucking bad that I (and most of my friends and people I know) have quit playing it. It's legit depressing. At least Warlords had the super-rewarding Garrison and much better class-design.

Assuming BfA stays the course, my overall opinion is:

Bfa < WoD <<< Cata < Legion < MoP < Wrath << BC

BfA has terrible class design, an amazingly boring grind in the neck and 'content' that isn't worth doing more than once, if that. It's an absolute shitshow to me. WoD was bad too in a lot of areas but a lot of classes were still fun to play and garrisons were rewarding (too rewarding even lol). I honestly can't think of anything nice to say about BfA.

Legion. Because of what it was, and what it made BFA become.

WoD was miles better than BFA

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    As much as I love WoD's Music, Art, and Raids, I gotta choose it.

WoD suffered from months without content post-launch, a shit ending, a 14 month (I think?) wait for the next expansion's content, as well as other external/internal BS. Though, Archimonde and Gul'dan were fucking badass. Same with Khadgar. I miss Khadgar.
    Yeap. Objectively speaking WoD was the worst, from cut content and downscaled features, having the least content of any expansion, probably the least rewarding endgame reward system to date and a botched-up story that completely mishandled an opportunity to do something cool.

And by worst I mean when compared to every other WoW expansion, because I very much still enjoyed it. While it was subpar comparing to other expansions, it was still good compared to most games. The gameplay was good, classes were in a fairly good position coming from MoP, it had really fun dungeons and raids (some of the best in the game imho).

Ironically, of the 3 presented expansions (WoD, Legion & BfA), WoD was the one I enjoyed the most, despite recognizing and agreeing that it is objectively the worst out of the 3. But I still had a better time with it, likely because I was just not as burned out / tired of the game, and overall had a bigger group of friends still playing and actively raiding with me. Subjectively BfA is the one I'm enjoying the least so far (mostly equal to Legion, but at least Legion had new good features like the Artifacts and class campaigns that bring it up a notch).

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I really dislike BfA, but one compliment I can give it is that it's nowhere near as bad as WoD was.

I hope Blizzard doesn't have an "oh yeah? hold my beer!" moment with this, but I don't think an expansion worse than WoD is possible. That was pretty much rock bottom for WoW.

Of the three in the poll, I enjoyed Legion the most. Aside from Tomb of Sargeras and Argus, it was a pretty solid expansion.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-06-03 at 02:33 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Objectively speaking
    There is no way to be objective about this dude. It's all opinions man.

I'm sorry, but nothing in BFA's gonna beat this...