Poll: WORST expansion in the last five years

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    you are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine

- - - Updated - - -

it''s an opinion piece. no need to cite.

And you say you only do raids because that's all you do. you don't care for PVP or Mythic+ even though they are better than last expansions imo.

And no. in WOD, you literally had nothing to do beside staying in the garisson waiting for raids to do. In BFA, i find myself always doing something like Mythic+ or farming island expedition or even doing world quests when i have the time.
    "(Legion) being the most successful expansion ever" is not an opinion, you're stating this as a fact.

"Legion is my favorite expansion ever" ever is an opinion.

Legion. Fuck the 54-artifact trait grind. Fuck Legiondaries. Fuck WQs. Fuck WF/TF'd. Fuck M+. This expansion burnt me the fuck out and got me to unsub after having an active subscription for more than a decade prior. I realize this is a minority opinion but I truly despised everything about Legion.

For reference, WoD was my favorite expansion. BfA is pretty good, too. Not nearly on the same level as WoD but I still feel like I'm getting my money's worth from the subscription. For me it's: WoD > BfA > literally every other expansion > a fully conscious rectal lobotomy > four more years of a Trump presidency > Legion.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2019-06-03 at 01:35 AM.

Got to agree with WoD being a bit out-of-sorts.
    Pull my tail

Legion can burn in hell for taking my ranged survial hunter away....

BFA is probably the worst.

The sad thing is -- if they didn't restrict flying so damn much, I'd probably still play.

15+ Year Old Account
    I liked WOD some of the most fun ive ever had in pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    WOD>Legion>BFA

WOD had, by far, the best class design and encounter design of the 3. Basically just the best gameplay in general. I don't care that the plot was retarded or that the devs wasted time making garrisons, gameplay is and will always be the most important factor.
    wod definitely had great class design, and good raids, but thats where it ended.

full stop pretty much.

WoD could have been the greatest! I loved the class design for the classes I played. I hated garrisons. I loved the world and really wish they could have added all they intended. To lofty of expectations I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrat View Post
    Got to agree with WoD being a bit out-of-sorts.
    While WoD was really lacking content, at least it had decent class design which made it fun to play multiple toons if you were interested in raiding. Personally I'd rather have another WoD than the mess that BFA feels like right now, but I know that's an unpopular opinion. I just feel like there's way too much in BFA that coupled with the awful feeling of class design makes BFA the worst feeling expansion for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I enjoyed WoD more, so BFA is now the worst barring it somehow gets incredible patch content(8.2 is looking promising).

When BFA was announced, I was not excited about any aspect of it. I was not excited about the theme of it or features. If the class design would have been more interesting for all my favorite classes, I would have liked it more. I hate most of the class design for my favorite classes in BFA.

In legion, I really enjoyed the questing zones, dungeons, and raids but like BFA, hated most of the class design for my favorite classes.

In WOD, I was not super excited for the theme of it but all of my classes were really fun to play except arms warrior. I was really disappointed with the class design for arms warrior in WOD. I hated the beginning of flying being gated by million quests and reputation grinds too.

A lot of people hated Cataclysm. I did not really hate it at all. The only thing I hated about Cataclysm was the questing zones. The dungeons were a lot of fun. I did the most raiding on cataclysm than any other expansion.

My Ideal expansion would be the theme of Legion or Wrath of the Lich King. It would have the class design from WOD except for arms warrior. I would take the class design for Monk and arms warrior from MOP. I would make the professions the way they were in Wrath of the Lich King. I would have raid finder and dungeon finderer. I would have flying where you had to purchase it with gold.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I'm being subjective and thinking about how I felt when actually playing the expansion, it would probably be BFA.

Hate it all you want, but for me (at least the classes I played), WoD actually had pretty amazing class design. Blood DK felt amazing, shadow priest felt amazing, and every hunter spec felt amazing at different points in the expansion (survival at the start, BM in BRF, and MM in HFC). It's not true of every class, but most of the people I raided with echoed this at the time and felt that WoD wasn't that bad from a class design standpoint. Depending on what you played, most people will probably be split between MoP and WoD as far as pinnacle of overall class design went.

WoD also had my favorite raids of the three expansions listed, and despite glaring holes in the story, the actually leveling experience was my favorite of the three for the first couple times through. Garrisons for sure tapered off, but most people I played with actually thoroughly enjoyed them for the first few months. WoD has some of the prettiest zones, and some of the most memorable zones in the game (except Spires, fuck Spires).

All that said I can't list WoD as my favorite because outside of raids, it didn't have all that much when the novelty of garrisons wore off (even if raids are my favorite part). If WoD dungeons had M+ dungeons (even with other content being lacking), it would by and large be my favorite expansion simply because the WoD dungeons were actually pretty good.

Legion > WoD > BFA. I don't hate BFA, but if I have to list one, it's this one. I think class design is at a low point right now, and even though raids are top notch (raids are universally good across all expansions), it's the worst of the three. M+ despite being my favorite feature ever introduced into WoW can't carry it alone, and personally I feel that dungeons aren't as fun in BFA compared to Legion.

It's sort of sad if you think about it because WoD had so much potential. Another tier being thrown between BRF and HFC in addition to M+ being a core feature, and you probably have an expansion that would be touted as one of the best for pretty much anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    If I'm being subjective and thinking about how I felt when actually playing the expansion, it would probably be BFA.

Hate it all you want, but for me (at least the classes I played), WoD actually had pretty amazing class design. Blood DK felt amazing, shadow priest felt amazing, and every hunter spec felt amazing at different points in the expansion (survival at the start, BM in BRF, and MM in HFC). It's not true of every class, but most of the people I raided with echoed this at the time and felt that WoD wasn't that bad from a class design standpoint. Depending on what you played, most people will probably be split between MoP and WoD as far as pinnacle of overall class design went.

WoD also had my favorite raids of the three expansions listed, and despite glaring holes in the story, the actually leveling experience was my favorite of the three for the first couple times through. Garrisons for sure tapered off, but most people I played with actually thoroughly enjoyed them for the first few months. WoD has some of the prettiest zones, and some of the most memorable zones in the game (except Spires, fuck Spires).

All that said I can't list WoD as my favorite because outside of raids, it didn't have all that much when the novelty of garrisons wore off (even if raids are my favorite part). If WoD dungeons had M+ dungeons (even with other content being lacking), it would by and large be my favorite expansion simply because the WoD dungeons were actually pretty good.

Legion > WoD > BFA. I don't hate BFA, but if I have to list one, it's this one. I think class design is at a low point right now, and even though raids are top notch (raids are universally good across all expansions), it's the worst of the three. M+ despite being my favorite feature ever introduced into WoW can't carry it alone, and personally I feel that dungeons aren't as fun in BFA compared to Legion.

It's sort of sad if you think about it because WoD had so much potential. Another tier being thrown between BRF and HFC in addition to M+ being a core feature, and you probably have an expansion that would be touted as one of the best for pretty much anybody.
    Also, from a theme perspective, WoD felt more like WoW than BfA does. The music, art, zones, raid designs etc felt more like the WoW. There's something about the zones, art direction and themes in BfA that just seem off. The colours are drowned out and it's less cartoonish than before

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Also, from a theme perspective, WoD felt more like WoW than BfA does. The music, art, zones, raid designs etc felt more like the WoW. There's something about the zones, art direction and themes in BfA that just seem off. The colours are drowned out and it's less cartoonish than before
    Also, IMHO, don't make an expansion about a faction war if

A) it isn't PVP focused

B) OR if you aren't willing to take major risks in the story and actually have capital cities lost, major characters wiped off the board in numbers, and a real sense of WAR. I've never felt LESS at war in WoW than during BFA, ironically.

Ok. Here is a correction. Legion is the best expansion ever and anyone who says otherwise doesn’t know what he’s talking about?

Happy?
    Still an opinion.

It's okay to have a wrong opinion though.

Ok. Here is a correction. Legion is the best expansion ever and anyone who says otherwise doesn’t know what he’s talking about?

Happy?
    That's still a fucking opinion. And a pretty offensive one at that. It's like saying, "Vanilla is the best flavor of ice cream and anybody who says otherwise is an idiot."

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted for WoD.
    BfA has not the best content and also many broken systems - but WoD had no content at all most of the time. I sat in my garrison 50% of the addon.
    Hellfire Citadel & Tanaan fixed it, but that was too late.

BfA and WoD are about equal for me. The only difference now is that I Mythic raid at a level that I enjoy so I probably won’t unsub. WoD had nothing to do and was practically abandoned however BfA feels the same way with nothing to do because most of the content that came along with BfA specifically is mindless, afkable and boring outside of mythic raids and +18-20 mythic+. LFR is mindless and afkable, islands are mindless and afkable, warfronts are mindless and afkable, world quests are mindless and afkable, etc. The war campaign is also not nearly as interesting to me as suramars storyline. Class design is pretty damn garbage, in legion it would’ve been horrid too if not for legendaries/Tier sets to accompany artifacts. The artifact system was just more engaging for me as well, I loved the weapons and the lore as well as the class halls and the story. Nighthold was one of my favorite raids and antorus was decent.

Regardless, I voted for WoD since I had to vote for 1. If I weren’t mythic raiding in BfA I would’ve unsubbed months ago though similar to what I did with WoD.

However this can change with patches. BfA isn’t done yet so I don’t wanna fully look at it in a negative light. I’ll wait for it to be completely over to actually decide whether I enjoyed a majority of my time outside of raiding or not.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-06-03 at 03:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD by far, then legion, then BFA for me.

WoD was WoD so I'm really not going to go into it, and instead just say why Legion is lesser then BfA to me.

I actually like the War campaign more then BFA's class halls, seriously I always here people gushing all over the class halls story, and all I remember was 5-10 minutes (or less) of questing lore to introduce a follower, followed by go do random dungeon A and B, followed by wait for the mission table. Ya the follow up part with the class mounts got a bit better, but that was locked behind all of the previous class hall "fun" and the WHOLE broken shore "story" meta achievement..... Also BfA's war campaigning isn't done yet.

I'm actually a fan of the War fronts, I like the back and forth that can go on, and i love the nostalgia trip that is the tech trees. I will say they could be a bit more difficult, but then again I don't want it to be balanced anywhere near high end raiding ether. As for its closest equivalent in Legion i guess we can go the witherd army training, This to was fun, sadly I beat it my first go around, being a tank made the whole thing incredibly easy albeit slow, because of this after like 3-5 runs I had everything not RNG dependent out of it, leaving me with no real surprises...

The raids (so far) for me have been pretty good in BFA. the *.0 raid for Legion (EN) was horribly boring for me, not helped by the fact that the guild I was running with at the time was horrible at raiding... I liked BfA's *.0 although the movement class requirements for the last boss was BS... the *.1 raids where about the same to me on both ends, ya the Night hold has more bosses in it, but a few of them felt very auto pilot to me so ehh....

Questing feels a lot more fun to me this go around although I will say I haven't pushed near as many pleebs up to 120 yet as I did 110 so maybe it's just burn out.

dungeons feel a bit more fun in BfA for me mostly because it feels like we have less worthless trash between bosses this time.

Artifacts did feel better in legion up to 7.1 although not by much, it still felt like a slow grind regardless of which expansion we are talking about, BfA dose get some bonus points for not filling my bag up with little bits of AP though. That being said I REALLY hope we drop the Artifact system in the future...

As for class balance I still don't get all of the crying we get about balance... of the 5 classes I play with any regularity so far all of them feel fun. I don't have everything up yet so maybe I missed the bland ones but about the only Artifact ability that I actually felt was really impact full they re added as a talent so... ehh. I like my warlock and hunter more now then in legion, and the others are about the same.

While legendaries where fun if you got the right ones some where complete trash and nothing was more fun then getting stuck with the trash ones first... I have to say of All the ways we have gotten our orange items legion kind of dropped the ball, because seriously you're telling me that this random pair of boots is as powerful as Shadowmorn or my cape from MoP powered up by countless high power beings ... that being said so far legion does win this I guess, but mostly due to the fact that we don't know if BfA will have any yet....

10+ Year Old Account
    8.2 will make or break BFA in terms of beating WoD for worst. It’s barely hanging on at the moment so we’ll have to see.

It’s a real shame because I love the zones and art direction for both expacs but they both shit the bed in almost every other category. WoD still wins for worst rep grinds though.