Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    This theory certainly does explain all the people currently playing WoW Classic and loving every minute of it... Oh wait, no it doesn't.

For every person ranting about how great Classic beta is, there's another one talking badly about it. However only because it doesn't fit the narrative that private server babies wants/Blizzards prerogative those opinions have been getting buried. Give it half a year, Classic will be near dead with very few people scrambling to have 40 people to raid and disbanding because they consistently won't have the bodies.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Thats complete and utter bullshit. I played Vanilla in 2004-2006 and I played multiple Chars on Private Servers so nothing in Classic is new for me but still I had more fun in the Beta 1-30 than I had in Retail since TBC!

The biggest problem in Retail currently is that you have pretty much 0 Char-Progression. While leveling you barely change any Gear and because all Enemies scale you really don't feel any progress. And on Maxlevel pretty much all Items are Randomized so you don't have that great feeling when you get your Ashkandi or your Robes of the Exalted etc which you know you will wear for a very long time.

On the Beta I was even happy when I found grey Shoulders! I had fun leveling up Tailoring to make myself 10 Slot Bags. All that is not available in current Retail!

people want their teen years back. that's what people want from classic.

i'm going to put together a classic wow survival pack with a couple of korn cd's and monster energy drinks.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    He said that a lot of players play it and enjoy it right now when that is litteraly not true.
    Yeah you should know a lot about what isn't true.

it literally has nothing to do with anyone wanting to re live the moments or anything like that

its about the fact that the game is complete opposite of retail wow.. besides things(like classes) being called the same and looking similar nothing else is the same

classes are different, leveling is different, dungeons are different(no lfg etc.), raids are different, professions are different, economy is different, pvp system is different, no crz/phasing etc., no welfare gear, no "free" shit, nothing is handed to you, the game isnt holding your hand, you have to communicate with people to be able to do literally anything.. and many more other things that are completely fucking different
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2019-06-02 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ohholygeezus View Post
    People don't want vanilla WOW. They want the feeling they had when they played vanilla WOW. What was that feeling?
    Fun... the feeling was fun. Of course it all being brand new was a contributor, but the game was (is) fun. People are having a BLAST playing Classic WoW... and only to level 30 I might add. I had a blast playing to level 5 and leveling tailoring and enchanting enough to craft wands.

Vanilla was a game that had the perfect balance of effort vs. reward. Compared to modern WoW where rewards are given to you for literally doing nothing. Which makes ALL rewards meaningless.

Then there is the challenge of leveling, the penalty of dying, the value of gold, the importance of all the professions. The list of why Vanilla was fun is long.

FUN. That is what people play a game for. And classic is... Modern WoW hasn't been fun for a long time. People have just been addicted and playing it hoping for a payoff which never comes. Vanilla had those payoffs. Classic HAS those payoffs.

Feels good man.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    He said that a lot of players play it and enjoy it right now when that is litteraly not true.
    Based on? You just saying something doesn't make it so. Because it seems like a shit ton of people get on for stress tests. And the Classic subreddit is at like 120 - 130k members.

It's a closed beta. Obviously the numbers will be limited ... it's invite only. And it only goes up to 30.

Finally, "a lot" is a relative term. I have seen nothing but excitement from literally thousands of people. That seems like a lot. If your definition is not the same as mine then ... I don't know what. Go have a sandwich?

I know you really want to be RIGHT about wow classic. I know that, as adults, it gets harder and harder to find meaning in life ... so good luck getting this small win. Maybe classic will fail and you can tell your 4 friends who would give a damn: "Guys. I was right."

The rest of us will be playing WoW Classic because it just offers something different than retail and other modern wow games. I like slower-paced MMOs with more class flavor and stronger communities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    For every person ranting about how great Classic beta is, there's another one talking badly about it. However only because it doesn't fit the narrative that private server babies wants/Blizzards prerogative those opinions have been getting buried. Give it half a year, Classic will be near dead with very few people scrambling to have 40 people to raid and disbanding because they consistently won't have the bodies.
    It's 1:1 is it? I'd like to see your data. Except Blizzard is SILENCING the people who don't like it? That's your theory. Blizzard -- who is on record telling players they don't want Vanilla WoW -- is now scrubbing the internet from all disparaging sentiment??? You, my friend, are insane.

I am willing to bet there will be TONS of players who don't like Classic. I am also willing to bet there will be TONS of players who love it. Before WoW happened, MMOs were niche games with just a few hundred thousand players. They did just fine. WoW Classic offers something to a certain set of players. Why does it bother people so much??

Quote Originally Posted by ohholygeezus View Post
    People don't want vanilla WOW. They want the feeling they had when they played vanilla WOW. What was that feeling? It was the feeling of exploring a brand new world that seemed to have limitless possibilities. It was diving into a completely unexplored world and uncovering its mysteries. WOW Classic is the opposite of that. It's already been fully explored. There's nothing new. Even if you weren't a vanilla player but play modern WOW, the game is still fundamentally the same, so there isn't going to be any true discovery there.

What people actually want is a new experience. They want a new MMO that makes them feel like they felt when they played vanilla WOW for the first time. They don't literally want vanilla WOW again in 2019.

Activision doesn't want to admit it or actually invest any real money or effort into PC games anymore, but the truth is that WOW has simply got stale. We need a brand new engine with brand new capabilities with a brand new world that feels completely alien and is begging to be learned anew.
    Wrong. What makes you somehow the speaker of everyone wanting to actually play Classic? Piss off.

I'm not looking for a super complicated game with an immense difficulty. I just want to have fun and revisit old memories and play a game that actually has meaningful rewards instead of just random generated no-name items in retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    The premise of the thread seems to be that the many, many people who would like to play Classic WoW don't really want to play Classic WoW. That's a non-starter and why the thread is being closed.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."