Poll: Climate: Hot/Warm or Cold/Cool

Thread: Hot or Cold?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Hot or Cold?

The eternal question.....

Would you rather be hot or cold in your current environment? Could start naming scenarios, but up to you people to point out

I'll start it off with a 1-0 to cold, hate sweating and humid climates in the summertime...

Lemme know what you think, prefer

Obviously cold. You can put on more clothes. You can only take so many off until you're done, and then you're still hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Obviously cold. You can put on more clothes. You can only take so many off until you're done, and then you're still hot.
    Freezing to death is quite peaceful and euphoric compared to burning alive. So ya, cold

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    Freezing to death is quite peaceful and euphoric compared to burning alive. So ya, cold
    Find me an environment where you burn alive.

That said, freezing to death is -not- peaceful. I'd probably put it up in the top ten most awful ways to die. Heat stroke is definitely less awful.

THAT said, while I agree with a lot of people on the whole "You can fix being cold, you can't fix being hot" thing, I find that I'm more miserable in the cold than hot. When it's hot out (and I'm familiar with hot. It usually gets to 110-120F for several months a year here), I don't wake up aching. I also don't have to spend a half hour prepping to go outside. Oh yeah, and my car starts.
    Last edited by chazus; 2019-06-02 at 08:10 AM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Hot or Cold?

hahaha morbid but true...let's spilt this into three categories...

Current Environment: rather be cool or a little warm, building setting temperatures (thermostats).

Last Ditch Effort: Lost/dumped in a foreign land, extreme cold or hot temperatures is your last fate

Settling: Warm Climate for most of the year, or a Cooler/winter climate for a good portion of the year...

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything about being cold sucks.

I think the OP intended to ask a more specific question, but I much prefer being hot over being cold in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Everything about being cold sucks.
    But Finland is cool (or I don't know, maybe temperate in the lower lands), not to your liking? Sorry, just curious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I think the OP intended to ask a more specific question, but I much prefer being hot over being cold in general.
    Yea you're correct, office war is going on. Cooler has been requested, enacted and then removed...to constant recycle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cold of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Find me an environment where you burn alive.

That said, freezing to death is -not- peaceful. I'd probably put it up in the top ten most awful ways to die. Heat stroke is definitely less awful.

THAT said, while I agree with a lot of people on the whole "You can fix being cold, you can't fix being hot" thing, I find that I'm more miserable in the cold than hot. When it's hot out (and I'm familiar with hot. It usually gets to 110-120F for several months a year here), I don't wake up aching. I also don't have to spend a half hour prepping to go outside. Oh yeah, and my car starts.
    When you freeze to death your body starts to feel warm, that is because your internal temp is decreasing and reaching equilibrium to the outside. Better than fire or heat where you quite literally cook your insides

Hot, any day! I hate the cold.

Cold. Cold any day....Hot is just gross.

Cold, always. Can always put more clothes/blankets on if it's cold.

I hate hot. And it's just about summer now so I have to endure hot. I am not looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    hahaha morbid but true...let's spilt this into three categories...

Current Environment: rather be cool or a little warm, building setting temperatures (thermostats).

Last Ditch Effort: Lost/dumped in a foreign land, extreme cold or hot temperatures is your last fate

Settling: Warm Climate for most of the year, or a Cooler/winter climate for a good portion of the year...
    Current: Prefer cooler. Inside is fine, having air conditioning, but outside atm is too hot for me (30 celsius). Can dress for cold too.
    Last ditch effort: Extreme cold. I think there’s usually more chance to find/make shelter and/or fire to warm up then there is something to cool off in very hot circumstances.
    Settling: Temperate. Warm summers, cold winters

It's way easier to counter the cold than heat.

Cold, while working I can have a jumper and fleece and even a jacket, hell the rain doesn't bother me either

Hot? I'm ordered to wear Trousers at all times, so no shorts, and I have to wear a shirt, not allowed to go topless, because the area I work in has sexy women and ugly as fuck men, and the last year we went shirt less or with vests, the men complained (not a fucking joke the men wrote letters, emails and called to companied it was mostly men names being recorded on the complaints)

Are we talking Vegas hot or Orlando hot? Either way I prefer cold, though neither is pleasant in their extremes.

Cold. Too warm summer days start on tuesday according to forecast atm...

Easily cold. Once temperature hits double digits in Celsius i feel uncomfortable, 15+ i get headaches and 20+ i just feel sick all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    This is the only correct answer, no opinions to be had here. If you are cold you can do pushups and jumping Jack's, put on layers, get in bed under covers, etc. If you are hot there is nothing you can do about it... that's why in an office women need to stop crying about the A/C and *gasp* put on a sweater.