Poll: Climate: Hot/Warm or Cold/Cool

Thread: Hot or Cold?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Cold! I wanna freeze! Aah!!! Can you feel it?? It feels so fresh!
    Being warm all the time? Sweating your ass off? Fuck that. I will move to north pole!

I truly feel that I would need to be in Northern Greenland or Southern Antarctica to actually be cold. Give me snow year round and I'll be good. I have seriously contemplated moving to Anchorage Alaska or British Columbia Canada due hatred of being hot all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Hot, ofc! I love wearing khaki shorts n tshirt. See babes wearing minimal clothes, when its cold people look like depressed eskimoes...

If its really hot, just buy a drink, u cheap fucks...

Ud prefer those babies be covered up with a winter jacket? Fucking heathens...
    now if that was only alleria in that picture....
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

hot, i hate the cold (not that is gets super cold here compared to europe/us)

i also hate high humidity, it's yuck

78F in Summer and 72F in winter.

25C, 22C

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I think it comes down to what we appreciate more; feeling cool when it's fucking hot and humid as fuck, or feeling warm and cozy when it's freezing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Obviously cold. You can put on more clothes. You can only take so many off until you're done, and then you're still hot.
    This. If I'm cold I bundle up. If I'm hot and also live in a humid place, then I just have swamp-ass and you can't escape the heat. At least in the desert-y areas it's a dry heat which is much more tolerable than humidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Hot, ofc! I love wearing khaki shorts n tshirt. See babes wearing minimal clothes, when its cold people look like depressed eskimoes...

If its really hot, just buy a drink, u cheap fucks...

Ud prefer those babies be covered up with a winter jacket? Fucking heathens...
    *snip*
    Yes I'd prefer those be covered up because silicon boobs are off-putting at best, and grotesque at worst.

OT: I'm a fan of the cold, 0 to 24°C is my preferred temperature range (32 to 75°F). I grew up in Colorado, Texas, and North Carolina. I've had my AC break multiple times in the summer in Texas (on triple digit days), having a headache and being on the verge of passing out for the entire day is fucking miserable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cold or very very cold
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I hate when it's hot. I can only take off so much clothing, but I can always put on more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather be cold than hot. When you're hot you start sweating into everything and you can just feel the sun zapping your energy away.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    This. If I'm cold I bundle up. If I'm hot and also live in a humid place, then I just have swamp-ass and you can't escape the heat. At least in the desert-y areas it's a dry heat which is much more tolerable than humidity.
    ROFL! Good one. I do agree. One can simply adjust to the cold by wearing warmer inner and outer wear. Heat, without AC?, be still next to a fan or hide in a shade and still sweat like crazy. I was stationed in the Mojave Desert , about 35 miles from Death Valley. I would rather take the 110 F heat there, then the 95 and high humidity we can get at times in Ohio.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Everything about being cold sucks.
    This. If I'm given a choice between a high of 100 or a low of about 15, I'll take the heat every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Find me an environment where you burn alive.

That said, freezing to death is -not- peaceful. I'd probably put it up in the top ten most awful ways to die. Heat stroke is definitely less awful.

THAT said, while I agree with a lot of people on the whole "You can fix being cold, you can't fix being hot" thing, I find that I'm more miserable in the cold than hot. When it's hot out (and I'm familiar with hot. It usually gets to 110-120F for several months a year here), I don't wake up aching. I also don't have to spend a half hour prepping to go outside. Oh yeah, and my car starts.
    people die from summer temperatures all the time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    people die from summer temperatures all the time
    Yes? And?

Heat stroke is not the same as being on fire.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Yes? And?

Heat stroke is not the same as being on fire.
    You must've just worded your first post shittily.

You said, "burn alive". You can definitely die in result of a sunBURN and it's incredibly painful. Anyone in the military can probably tell you about this.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

15+ Year Old Account
    I love when it's cold. Shame that there hasn't been good winters in many years now. Cold, warm (Enough for snow to melt), cold, warm, cold, warm. Changing every week or more often.

And summers are getting extremely hot. Last summer was record hot for a record period of time. It was so shit!

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

cold please.... Even in North Dakota winters i was normally comfortable in jeans/t-shirt and a good jacket. And for sleeping omg yes plz.. i pull my house temp down to 65 at night and still wake up sweating under just a sheet with a fan on as well. I've always been naturally warm, one plus is on the rare occasions i date, girls seem to like it for cuddling

oh and another plus cold normally means things are dead and no allergies!
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    now if that was only alleria in that picture....
    But elves haf no bewbs?

Space goats though, could knock down an orc with theirs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    The eternal question.....

Would you rather be hot or cold in your current environment? Could start naming scenarios, but up to you people to point out

I'll start it off with a 1-0 to cold, hate sweating and humid climates in the summertime...

Lemme know what you think, prefer
    Cold, any day.

Heat is horrible. If it's cold, just put on more clothes.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/