Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm spending some time playing on a private server lately and noticed a lot more people that usual, and they just announced peaking at 14k.

There's interest on it; if it will last months or years, will just depend on the playerbase, which seems to get more toxic as classic gets closer too.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Because people didn't sell runs in vanilla lol? Selling runs has existed long before wow did fella
    There's this other thread a week or two ago where people were claiming that BWL, MC, or any sort of PvP boosting didn't exist in Vanilla

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    There's this other thread a week or two ago where people were claiming that BWL, MC, or any sort of PvP boosting didn't exist in Vanilla
    Yes, and people didn't account share for R14 grind or Rhok'delar quest. Even gold traders didn't exist in Vanilla. It's all true, everyone worked for everything on their own in those days.

Imagine caring so much about a game that you feel the need to call others imbeciles because they don't.

Its almost as pathetic as the mindset that there can only be one version of WoW and that one absolutely needs to kill the other.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    3. If you're basing this on Twitch viewership, it's already lower than it was.
    Who wonders... everything that's relevant on that level the streamers are stuck at has already been shown and seen.

Trust me, if they raise the level cap to 60 the viewership will drastically go up again. At least as soon as dungeons like sunken tmple or BRD come into play....

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Yes, and people didn't account share for R14 grind or Rhok'delar quest. Even gold traders didn't exist in Vanilla. It's all true, everyone worked for everything on their own in those days.
    I mean technically didn't almost all high warlords get boosted since there was always that drama of 'multiple people playing same account' so that they could grind out max rank?
    No, no, no... We're just having hallucinations back in the day. Nothing like that existed back then, everything was hard-earned, no one ever broke ToS, or cheated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Classic > BFA. Not surprising, BFA is terrible, with only its mythic raids being its good feature (like previous retail expansions).

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    No, no, no... We're just having hallucinations back in the day. Nothing like that existed back then, everything was hard-earned, no one ever broke ToS, or cheated.
    Next thing they gonna tell us is that noone bought gold from sites and everybody farmed gold 18 hours per day cause games was hard herp derp. Im boosting in 2 of the biggest boosting communities in EU. We already have an army of customers already booking dungeon boosts on max lvl and raid boosting when they will get to max lvl. We are already forming ppl that will dediacate thier game time on classic and buyers will pay with gold on live via tokens since most of them dont play anymore on live.

So yea boosting will be there and its gonna be in such high degree, ppl would not believe it. Just imagine all the token selling. Blizzard is a damn smart company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic is going to be insanely popular at launch.

Many probably won't get to 60. The ones that do get to 60, will realise there isn't a whole lot to do once you've farmed pre bis, and only need gear from raids. As a raider, after that you will gold farm or raid consume farm. If done right, it doesn't take long.

BGs will be out later and will probably increase with popularity again when they are released. Many streamers will be going for the pvp titles.

Streamers like Asmongold will also ruin world pvp on their servers. The server he rolls on will most likely be alliance dominated. The only way I can see this being countered, is if say Soda rolls on the same realm and brings his horde fanbois. But like in the past, we'll have servers dominated by one faction.

Will Classic stay more popular than BFA after a couple of months? I doubt it, but it will definitely keep getting spikes for each patch launched.

You also can't class popularity down to Twitch views, it can be used as a source, but many more factors needed.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-06-02 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kinna View Post
    shows that the people didnt think that vanilla would work are imbeciles
    Is it, really? I mean, the game is still in its early stages of its life, as in, it just became accessible to the public. If you're going to compare popularity during the launch period, then BfA is twice as popular as Classic.

Try again after Classic WoW has more than one year of life.

10+ Year Old Account
    then why the you think you like it but really you wont comments
    Because there’s a hundred threads a day across all fan forums asking for classic specific expansions, which is literally “you think you want vanilla but you actually want wow to just go in a completely different direction”.

I'm just going to leave this here.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Classic isn't Vanilla, people will find out soon enough.

It might be close, but we're not in 2004 anymore.

Groups will corner the economy, world bosses, and world pvp more then ever, pvp ranks will be more chaotic then ever as well.

I was hyped at the announcement, but then after all the 1.12 stuff and still changes enough to warrant to be a different game.

Classic systems might be cool, but the content doesn't do it for me when I played it 8+ hours a day back from 2004-2007, and Wotlk also had

I'm not gonna shit on the game, I find Private servers disgusting instead because it basicly steals property, so I am happy for Blizzard to offer this via Legal means.
    Last edited by Teri; 2019-06-02 at 04:00 PM.

Because everybody knows gamers are known to ''rise to the challenge'' kek
    Heh, as GC said this way of thinking was one of Blizz's biggest early mistakes Instead of rising to the challenge most people either wait till it's trivial enough to oneshot it or quit the game altogether :V

10+ Year Old Account
    A) You are wrong
    B) Still wrong

Saying something is more popular than BfA isn't really a comparison you can be proud of.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

5+ Year Old Account
    amazing, thanks to your thread I see the truth now. My life has changed. So can your with five easy troll posts in classic forums only 3 times a month.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah man, i beat mythic by just standing in stormwind.

nice horrible example mate.

didnt know i could que for mythic dungeons, normal, heroic, mythic raid.

since when is "kinda sorta having to talk to someone once in awhile" hardcore. it's not, and its funny blizzard adds mekkatorque a fight that needs people to talk and people scream and cry about having to talk.
    According to your armory you haven't even actually played BFA

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes but actually no View Post
    According to your armory you haven't even actually played BFA
    According to you, you dont know how the use the armory matey
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    shows that the people didnt think that vanilla would work are imbeciles
    How do we know which is more popular? I mean the subscription number is the same for both of them. Only Blizzard themselves will have the number for which client is played on most.