Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Guys, please. Don't take the obvious bait.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    what? what are you even fucking talking about mate?

- - - Updated - - -

LOLOL you mean like when the new raids were released in bfa and made wow the most viewed game on twitch?
    bfa is in a drought, the new patch is soon, so of course people are going to watch a "new" game...

also everyone can play BFA
    only some people can play classic wow right now.
    so people are watchign it cause they cant play.
    and thats only some people playing beta imagine when its out of beta

10+ Year Old Account
    I too love to state outlandish facts with no data to back them whatsoever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kinna View Post
    and thats only some people playing beta imagine when its out of beta
    when its out of beta less people will be watching cause they will be playing
    so many people are watching because they cant play.
    also its "new" new stuff also raises the views.
    when the new raids releases, when the new patches released they got top veiwers on the service.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Obviously its more popular, because its a real RPG and not this Casualgarbage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villentretenmerth View Post
    lol vanilla was THE casual game mate.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    lol vanilla was THE casual game mate.
    Compared to BFA its hardcore as fuck. In BFA you don't even need to talk to anybody or do anything other than click a few Boxes and get teleported into Raids and Dungeons. You can play the whole fucking Game standing in Stormwind!

7+ Year Old Account
    Compared to BFA its hardcore as fuck. In BFA you don't even need to talk to anybody or do anything other than click a few Boxes and get teleported into Raids and Dungeons. You can play the whole fucking Game standing in Stormwind!
    yeah man, i beat mythic by just standing in stormwind.

nice horrible example mate.

didnt know i could que for mythic dungeons, normal, heroic, mythic raid.

since when is "kinda sorta having to talk to someone once in awhile" hardcore. it's not, and its funny blizzard adds mekkatorque a fight that needs people to talk and people scream and cry about having to talk.

Current WoW may have moved further towards the action/adventure side of things but Vanilla WoW was still very much an RPG-lite.

yes blizzard releasing classic is proof
    That's not proof, that's a stupid argument.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    The most frequent opinions I've heard were "it will be huge at the start and then crash/stay popular".

Obviously people care about it, otherwise Blizzard wouldn't have started making it.
    Blizzard is a buisness company .

if they were trading a toilet paper they would make it somehow popular on twitch to boost sales.

i actually find it horryfying that so many people here have 0 clue what PR is .

- - - Updated - - -

neither you do in classic.

i mean people have already fully functioning lfg addons and i dont doubt in few days we will hear about some kind of rework on WQGF which will allow automated grouping for elite quests etc.

you just wait and see

want proof ? look how many streamers play with Questhelper because "fuck authentinc experience"

Ironically, if you are basing this off twitch viewership, you are setting up your own counter argument.

No sane person on the planet would think that Classic wouldn't be popular at launch.
    But every sane person on the planet knows that BOTH products loose a LOT of playerbase over time.
    People get bored, exhaust their interest, or just move on to other releases.

This will happen with Classic at least as much as it has had with live WoW, but I would imagine a LOT more.
    Most of the people who are picking up classic for the first time in decades or ever don't know what they are getting in to.
    They are enthralled with the leveling process because the world feels new and fresh, but that's not actually game design.

That feeling will fade, and then what?
    Will they continue to play the product with so little in it outside of a world and leveling?

I am SERIOUSLY worried about this topic, and I seem to be the only one.
    With 40 man raiding, no cross realm stuff, and Blizzards looming overstock on realms (if live is any indication), what is this game going to look like in a year from launch?

It was bad on Private servers, and there wasn't an absurd hype train build around it.

When the Elysium realm launched it had a total of 45k people trying to log in the first weekend.
    That same server has 3 thousand people online right now.

That is due, in part to the whole "fresh realm" nonsense, and THAT is what I am worried about.

What will keep this product going in the future?
    In Live, people return for new patches, new expansions, or new features they might want to try.

There isn't going to be anything new in Classic. No changes, remember?

Their timeline, the amount of realms they make, and their plans for after Naxx is out are going to be so important to this product its unreal.

Its make or break.

But either way, I'd imagine your assertion that Classic is more popular than BFA will be an ironic topic of conversation when BFA is over and we are comparing vanilla to 9.0 instead.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

This is not going to happen and is not a relevant comparison. Vanilla WoW is a 15 year old game that has been replayed multiple times. Nearly, everything about it is known.

That it will get more than enough subscribers to pay for the remake is a testament to how well designed it was, and should encourage Blizzard to continue onward with remakes of TBC and WOTLK. Maybe Classic+ would be interesting at some point even, but that's a ways off.

The most important thing about Classic being released is that it reminds everyone, most importantly mmo developers who seem to have forgotten this, why it was mmo's became popular in the first place. If it starts a trend in the industry back towards a world rpg experience, more freedom and choices in that world, and a more social environment - I would consider that the ultimate victory of Classic WoW. It does not need to "win" the sub count to do any of this.

Ironically, its more popular because its a real RPG AND its casual.

The leveling process appeals to way more people and offers a consistent level of difficulty through out the early game into the late game.
    In BFA, you have zero game-made challenge early game, and then an insane jump in difficulty at max level, so much so that they have a scaling difficulty system that can never be beaten.

Its factually inaccurate to say that any 15 year old product is more "hardcore" than one that is being actively developed though, regardless.
    Sadly, we can not examine these in a vacuum.
    A new raid fight that no one knows will always be harder than one people have been killing for over a decade.

That's a big concern for Classic too.
    There will be no progression or challenge any more as a community, because all the math and guides are already made from Private servers.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Ppl are just more excited about it due to vanilla players talking about the good ole days and twitch streamers glorifying it, but when it launches majority of the ppl who jump on the hype train will leave because theyre too used to convenience, vanilla wasnt hard, but it was an effing grind fest if you wanted to raid endgame

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post

Its factually inaccurate to say that any 15 year old product is more "hardcore" than one that is being actively developed though, regardless.
    Just because one game is no longer releasing content and another still is doesn't have anything to do with difficulty level. By this logic, Roblox is more hardcore than Darksouls because Darksouls isn't actively developing new dlc.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    Blizzard is a buisness company .

if they were trading a toilet paper they would make it somehow popular on twitch to boost sales.

i actually find it horryfying that so many people here have 0 clue what PR is .
    If you think that companies pick the products they are producing randomly, because PR can promote them anyways, you are missing a pretty big chunk of what PR is about. Picking what product to make is just as important as promoting it.

And, not that that is needed because this is pretty basic stuff, but we do actually have Blizzard quotes telling us that they decided to make classic because they misjudged the players interest in it.

So I'm not sure what your point is.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

shows that the people didnt think that vanilla would work are imbeciles
    Oh the irony in this post

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah!

Sit in Stormwind, click the "accept invite" box, then click the "accept summon" box, then click the "Trade 2 million gold" box, and bam, Mythic Jaina dead! You just won the game!
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Yeah!

Sit in Stormwind, click the "accept invite" box, then click the "accept summon" box, then click the "Trade 2 million gold" box, and bam, Mythic Jaina dead! You just won the game!
    i know people who did that in vanilla, hell i bought my dreadsteed, i got the few items i had to then for the final quest i paid another warlock less then it would cost to buy the rest of the items, and he and his group got me my dreadsteed, ez pz.