Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Tinkerer could be gnome/goblin survival hunter reskin.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Sure, why not. Cool unlockable looks are always nice though isn't class armor just this?
    No. Spell effects always stay the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    If they don't want to introduce more classes, sure it would be a way. Only one problem - it would make work for people creating guides for classes much more complicated.
    That's why I believe there should be some switch for high end players.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

How many cool animations could they come up with for Sunwalker & Loa paladins........? <drool>
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    I always imagined Sunwalker Tauren Paladin powers should be more fire based considering the name. I think that would make for some interesting visuals too.
    Yes, I imagine them with orange light. Priests too.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no, necromancers do not deserve to be their own class mate
    would need to take apart demo lock, affi lock, unholy dk, blood dk, and maybe even frost mage+frost dk depend on the specs.

like how DH needed to take apart demo lock. but necromancer overlaps with too many classes.

explain to me right now just the general idea of what 2-3 specs they would have.
    IMO the easiest way to do a Necromancer is to have the caster type spec with banshees and exploding skeletons and a dark ranger type spec with a ranged wep summoning up a few UD minions.

-UH DK get rid of apocalypse and make them a one pet spec with lots of diseases and bring back unholy blight.
    -demo lock goes back to a more pre Legion style and have you fuse with your demon instead of meta.
    -give frost mages back frostfire bolt in place of flurry or something.

There are ways to do it and still have other classes feel good

It takes Blizzard an eternity to fix even minor cosmetic Glyphs. This would require way too much work to go past Blizzard's allergy to effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Fuck no, the development time is already stretched thin as it is. No need to introduce more pointless bloat. Fix the tuning and fix flawed core systems and then do pointless cosmetic crap that no one will notice anyway.
    I can see art team working on class design.

I'd call them Kits rather than skins(which really doesn't quite fit), but i'm all for it. Though also allowing for race-agnostic ones where it makes sense(e.g. Necromancer as a kit for Affli and Demo, and including Green Fire WL as one as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I would like to see them make Undead Elves(High) as an customization option for Undead Hunter and Rogues as Dark Rangers, yes. I don't get why that isn't a thing already. Just take the Blood Elf DK model, slap on Dark Ranger skin and put it on the customize option at the new character screen. Jobs done.
    Red eyes would be cool, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    YES, it could be pretty damn cool. Added effects on your picture look dope.

Let's just ignore the fact that this super original youtuber idea has been posted on reddit quite a few times.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by RayenDark View Post
    I'm going to say no- simply because there is a high chance if something like this was implemented it would be something added to the cash shop. They could charge 15 bucks a skin and people will eat it up- just like they do for MOBAs. Heck they charged 15 bucks for a transmog helm-these could fetch 25...easy. I don't think you should have to pay extra for something that should be a core part of the game. I doubt they would allow it to be free.
    I think it would get allied race treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Fuck no, the development time is already stretched thin as it is. No need to introduce more pointless bloat. Fix the tuning and fix flawed core systems and then do pointless cosmetic crap that no one will notice anyway.
    This feature would obviously be something for the next expansion and would replace whatever the next class is. So, they would very likely be saving time by adopting class skins into 9.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    It takes Blizzard an eternity to fix even minor cosmetic Glyphs. This would require way too much work to go past Blizzard's allergy to effort.
    Sometimes it gets faster. Remember about allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    More than designing and tuning an entirely new class?

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Basically the idea is to make some visual changes for specific race/class combinations so they would fit lore: Draenei shadow priest, void elf holy priest, Dark Iron restoration shaman. I think Taliesin's video explains the idea perfectly.

Also, to add some eyecandy and original content, here is my Priestess of the Moon concept art.

Here is my commentary to specific parts:

I got inspired by Taliesin's recent video about class skins. This is my attempt at , skin for night elf holy and discipline priest. Below you can see my comments to specific elements:

1. Bow transmog option. Taliesin spoke about additional transmogrification options for some race/class combinations. As priestesses of Elune were usually depicted with bow, it would be dissappointing not to get bow transmog option. I suggest staff to bow option as both weapons are two-handed.

2. Power Word: Shield. I wanted it to look a bit similar to Elune at Darkshore and Val'sharah.

3. Holy Word: Sanctify. I wanted it to be reminescent of Tyrande's Light of Elune in HotS. I would like all Priestess of the Moon healing spells to be more greenish. That said, I am aware that they may look a bit too similar to monk's.

4. Penance. This is inspired by druid's Starsurge. Damaging abilities are meant to be a bit purple. This overlaps with balance druid but it is intentional. They utilise the same magic.

5. Archangel or Apotheosis. I want to replace wings motif with moons.

6. Holy Nova. This one is self-explantatory.

7. Spirit of Redemption. Loosely inspired by Maiev's Avatar of Vengeance and Ysera's spirit.
    This could be really cool especially for priests and paladins. Some races have different places they draw power from. Like Draenei spells would be more white/purple like the naaru. Tauren would be fiery like the sun. ZT pally wings should be dinosaur wings and maybe a tesl-ish spell effect.

Shaman earth spells like the one that launches shards should match the ground you’re standing on(netherstorm would be purple, stormsong would be green/brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    I believe that's just how Glyphs should have always worked like in the first place. There are infinite options as to class customization with them.
    Agreed. The moment they turned glyphs into cosmetic effects I would have expected them to do exactly this. Sadly Blizzard fell worlds behind my expectation.

Edit: I want the cone of cold animation of the massive cunt Jaina for example. They could do alot of these animation changes (preferably only visible for yourself) and amass a small library of glyphs that could allow people to play a class with the flavor they want.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-06-02 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Agreed. The moment they turned glyphs into cosmetic effects I would have expected them to do exactly this. Sadly Blizzard fell worlds behind my expectation.
    This video shows that there is demand. If Blizzard gave us allied races, allied classes are possible too.

Yes, please!

Then lock these class skins behind a good long quest chain, or a challenge, so it would actually be REALLY rewarding to get it (and special).

But knowing Actiblizz, they'd probably lock it behind a "small fee", or some bullshit.

Good idea though.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Yes, please!

Then lock these class skins behind a good long quest chain, or a challenge, so it would actually be REALLY rewarding to get it (and special).

But knowing Actiblizz, they'd probably lock it behind a "small fee", or some bullshit.

Good idea though.
    I expect them to be rep-gated like everything in BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Sometimes it gets faster. Remember about allied races.
    And as Blizzard itself said the reasons ARs were faster was because they were based on existing races and already had NPC assets. Besides, new races every second expansion is something Blizzard already accustomed the playerbase to, it's just that this time instead of two completely new races that'd require more work it's a bunch of "totally not subraces" that, individually, require less. So they were kinda obligated to put them in or people would protest too much. This? They have zero motivation to do so.

This would fall under the same category as the quivers for Hunters and librams for Paladins that they teased ages ago, around MoP IIRC. And it's not like forgot about that idea. They bring it up every now and then. Yet it still ends up being too much for them and it ends up being just talk. If a quiver is beyond their capabilities and it takes them literally years to fix individual cosmetic glyphs (if they actually bother with that), expecting entire cosmetic class variations is setting yourself up for disappointment (just as having any other expectation of any kind for Blizzard).

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    More than designing and tuning an entirely new class?
    You mean the thing that Blizzard does every four years because players expect a new class every second expansion (as opposed to something no one really expects, i.e. something they don't have to do)? Besides, class design team is separate from the art team and in case of classes the art team is forced to work because class design team came up with something first. On top of that, the only new class that wasn't absolutely botched one way or another in terms of tuning was the Demon Hunter.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2019-06-02 at 02:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.