Page 1 of 31
... LastLast

CLASS SKINS. Yes or No?

Basically the idea is to make some visual changes for specific race/class combinations so they would fit lore: Draenei shadow priest, void elf holy priest, Dark Iron restoration shaman. I think Taliesin's video explains the idea well. However, I believe that despite being obviously inspired by certain race, they should be faction wide. So you will be able to play your tauren blademaster.

Also, to add some eyecandy and original content, here is my Priestess of the Moon concept art.

Here is my commentary to specific parts:

I got inspired by Taliesin's recent video about class skins. This is my attempt at , skin for night elf holy and discipline priest. Below you can see my comments to specific elements:

1. Bow transmog option. Taliesin spoke about additional transmogrification options for some race/class combinations. As priestesses of Elune were usually depicted with bow, it would be dissappointing not to get bow transmog option. I suggest staff to bow option as both weapons are two-handed.

2. Power Word: Shield. I wanted it to look a bit similar to Elune at Darkshore and Val'sharah.

3. Holy Word: Sanctify. I wanted it to be reminescent of Tyrande's Light of Elune in HotS. I would like all Priestess of the Moon healing spells to be more greenish. That said, I am aware that they may look a bit too similar to monk's.

4. Penance. This is inspired by druid's Starsurge. Damaging abilities are meant to be a bit purple. This overlaps with balance druid but it is intentional. They utilise the same magic.

5. Archangel or Apotheosis. I want to replace wings motif with moons.

6. Holy Nova. This one is self-explantatory.

7. Spirit of Redemption. Loosely inspired by Maiev's Avatar of Vengeance and Ysera's spirit.

This is my next class skin, Priest of Hir'eek. It is designed mainly for Darkspear troll balance druids but all Horde druids should be able to obtain and use it. I made this because Darkspear balance druid is a bit lore incorrect for now. Darkspear consider bird loa weak and they do not worship them. As Hir'eek is Loa of Midnight Sky who is actively worshipped by Darkspear, I thought he would be good source of power for troll balance druids. I know that he is "dead" and "evil" but loa never truly die and Hir'eek was once protector of the weak so he might redeem himself after fall of G'huun.

1. Moonkin Form: Batlike, yet inspired by Zandalari moonkin. I think it should be in bluish gray colour palette.

2. Lunar Strike: As Hir'eek's uncorrupted priests have blood motifs aswell, I though his moon magic should be a bit bloody.

3. Sunfire: Loa of Midnight Sky shouldn't use sun magic. However, his priests in both WoW and Hearthstone use shadow magic.

4. Starfall: Bloody stars.

5. Starsurge.

6. Solar Wrath.

7. Incarnation: Chosen of Elune: Basically more bones and some special glowing tattoos.

Another issue of my class skin project - Purifier. It was meant to fix the lore issues Draenei and blood elves have with shadow priest but I was heavily inspired by Scarlet Crusade. However, I imagine it being available to all priest races so you will be able to properly purify your foes on void elf.

1. Shadow Form: The most simple thing. Basically all purple things are turned golden.

2. Void Form: As in Void Form priest turns from purple to blue, I thought it would be nice to turn Purifier from golden to red. I am a bit afraid that looks too similar to mage with Combustion but priest is flying so we can see a bit of diversity.

3. Void Form: By the end of Void Form, likely due to Lingering Insanity, priest gets tentacles on his back. Angelic wings are obvious replacement.

4. Shadowy Apparitions: Turned golden.

5. Shadow Word: Pain: Golden again.

6. Vampiric Touch: Spells with longer cooldowns/cast times turn from blue to red.

7. Mind Blast: Enjoy extra crispy heretical brain.

8. Void Bolt: Matches Void Form.

9. Mind Flay: Holy laser. Whitemane in HotS uses similar.

10. Shadow Orb: Who doesn't love glowing balls.

This time I came up with Headhunter marksmanship hunter skin. It doesn't fix any lore contradictions but we have no weapon-throwing ranged class in WoW. Enjoy your blood elf or Forsaken Zul'jin cosplayer.

1. Casting animation. I think shooting spears from a gun would destroy all the fun.

2. Steady Shot: It is basically that little orange flame from the original.

3. Rapid Fire: I thought some axes would be nice for diversity. They are red, just like original arrows.

4. Multi Shot: Why would we throw only one spear?

5. Aimed Shot: I wanted to change that little aim from casting animation to look more troll-like. Trolls do not traditionally use scopes. Projectile with corresponding colours.

6. Black Arrow: Trolls generally dislike necromancy, as it is forbidden by Bwonsamdi. However, if the spear was blessed by priests of Bwonsamdi?

7. Arcane Shot: Rather voodoo shot. Spear is enchanted by witch doctors. Blizzard never really showed us how is voodoo supposed to look like, so I mixed orange from Warcraft 3 voodoo magic with space orks' magic from Warhammer. I think it looks interesting enough, although poorly executed.

8. Freezing Trap: Spiky enough to look like a trap. Has voodoo mask so we have explanation for freezing effect. You step on the mask, and then the ropes pull the spikes onto your leg. Then all the magic activates.

This is my next class skin, Voidweaver. As we know, some races that have playable priest class have some conflict with Holy Light: Mag'har orcs, void elves, Forsaken. I made this skin for their holy and discipline priests. Of course, you can use that skin on lightforged Draenei if you really want. I know that many of you will say that Void is evil, destructive, all-consuming force that doesn't want to heal anyone. My idea is that true master of shadow magic is able to grasp into the Void and recover life energies(visible as bright glow) it once drained and use them to heal. Basically stealing your own blood from mosquito.

1. I just like to draw some character first. You can see his casting animations.

2. Power Word: Shield. I hate this ability. It is part of main discipline priest kit and I am really dissappointed Blizzard hasn't updated it so far. It is originally really bland and ugly spell and I tried to keep the original feel while adding a twist.

3. Holy Word: Sanctify. Cosmic mist may remind you of Arcane but it also fulfills the Void visuals. To indicate that it is a healing spell, I lowered its value contrast to be similar to holy healing.

4. Penance. Shadowbolt but designed to have colours more similar to shadow priest spells. Also has a bit of white glow as it can be used to heal.

5. Archangel or Apotheosis. I think void elves won't complain about copyright infrigement if they get all these flashy spells.

6. Holy Nova. I wanted to make bigger version of Penance's ending tip. Looks cosmic and shadowy, pretty interesting but I am afraid it has too big contrast and can attract too much attention for spammable spell. My main goal was to make it different from Arcane Explosion.

7. Spirit of Redemption. I know I could have used Voidwalker but warlocks are pretty used to their pets being semi tanks so I went for something of lighter posture. Void entity #2567563 is just fine for that. We all dream for day when Blizzard will mix n'raqi and void monsters.

After quite a long time I come back with another class skin. This time something for tauren - Sunwalker. Of course, if you like totems and fiery aesthetics, you can use it on Zandalari or even blood elf. As for lore, tauren worship the Earthmother and her two eyes - An'she and Mu'sha - instead of the Holy Light. Sunwalkers are focused on the An'she aspect, the sun.

1. Templar's Verdict: Paladins use holy magic to empower their melee attacks. My idea is that Sunwalker creates heavy totem and bashes the enemy. Player's weapon is seathed for that time.

2. Judgement: I replaced the hammer with fiery, tauren-themed axe.

3. Holy Light:

a) Tauren do not use librams. I thought that spiritwalker's brazier would fit nicely if I add some sunny effects.

b) As you can see, I want healing abilities to have more delicate colour palette.

4. Divine Shield: I wanted it to look like Sun from shorter distance.

5. Consecration: You can see Sunwalkers' sigil on the ground.6. Avenging Wrath: Instead of wings, tauren get flaming totems on their backs. Also, their horns glow.

6. Avenging Wrath: Instead of wings, tauren get flaming totems on their backs. Also, their horns glow.

7. Guardian of Ancient Kings: You summon yeena'e, spirits of fallen tauren warriors(and sometimes parents) who serve An'she as heralds of the dawn. Instead of "normal" angelic wings they have ones similar to Malfurion's. It is inspired by Native American dance of eagle. The idea is that you summon your feathered grandpa to fight for you.

8. Greater Blessing of Kings: Instead of crowns, tauren wear bonnets. I changed the coloristics because original blue didn't match to sunny red aesthetic. As this blessing is defensive, it has yellow glow.

This time I made something unusual - night elf paladin. Since Legion Blizzard teases us with night elf paladins, first with night elves in the Silver Hand and now with Night Warrior Tyrande, who uses melee weapons and wears quite a heavy armor. I am not a night elf fan but I want to be sure that in case of night elf paladins being playable, they will not be yet another carbon copy of Uther. As you can see, my main inspirations were Tyrande and Maiev, most notable priestesses of Elune.

1. Templar's Verdict: In my Sunwalker skin I gave tauren a sunny totem. I thought umbral glaive would be a nice elven equivalent.

2. Judgement: I wondered whether should I give them glaives but I think the owl is too iconic for priestesses of the moon not to be used.

3. Holy Light:

a) Night elves use books and scrolls but I think I will go for bowls full of moonlight. We see statues of priestesses with bowls to often.

b) Blue light is fine. I know that I gave the priest green effects but paladins have a bit different colour palette.

4. Divine Shield: Looks powerful enough. You enemy will be terrified when he will see an effect of such contrast. Perfect for such an overpowered ability.

5. Consecration: I based it on Maiev's ult in HotS. I don't think it looks bad.

6. Avenging Wrath: Instead of wings, night elves get crescent moons. Notice how it has different angle from their priest counterpart.

7. Guardian of Ancient Kings: Maiev was a powerful priestess of the moon. I think avatar of vengeance she summons has some connection to Night Warrior. I think this cool spell should be given to players aswell.

8. Greater Blessing of Kings: Moon is one of icons that fit. I don't think I need to comment this.
    Last edited by matrix123mko; 2019-08-11 at 12:51 PM.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    i would love this, either this or if blizzard just added MORE GLYPHS because customization is huge, and i hate its so limited at times, green fire was cool, but now adays it effects nothing in demo or affi, and destro just had few spells effected by it, as some of their spells already look green without it (chaos bolt, demon fire.)

but idk, soulshard glyphs used to make it so people could see our soulshards, was super cool.
    removed in wod, added back in 7.2
    we are now entering 8.2 soon, and STILL the soulshard glyphs dont work.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

damn, i would instantly play holy my forsaken priest to hear her scream in agony

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that's just how Glyphs should have always worked like in the first place. There are infinite options as to class customization with them.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

The only problem I see with this is that Blizzard would need to make something up to give every class something outside of specific races. For example, if you give the Void Elves a shadowy looking holy priest spec, then every priest that is not a void elf will want something too.

I would like to see them doing this, but without the race limitation, just let people do whatever they want, even if that means that you'll see weird stuff like an undead priest of the moon. Make every class skin unlockable through a quest chain and there you go. Cool art by the way.

Sure, why not. Cool unlockable looks are always nice though isn't class armor just this?

i support this. the more character customization the better
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Too bad they won’t ever make necromancer a proper class like it belongs. No problem ripping metamorph from warlocks, ruining demo for us meta locks who don’t wanna play imp babysitter, in order to create Dh but the minute you mention gutting unholy dk to make necromancer a class everyone losss their minds

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Too bad they won’t ever make necromancer a proper class like it belongs. No problem ripping metamorph from warlocks, ruining demo for us meta locks who don’t wanna play imp babysitter, in order to create Dh but the minute you mention gutting unholy dk to make necromancer a class everyone losss their minds
    no, necromancers do not deserve to be their own class mate
    would need to take apart demo lock, affi lock, unholy dk, blood dk, and maybe even frost mage+frost dk depend on the specs.

like how DH needed to take apart demo lock. but necromancer overlaps with too many classes.

explain to me right now just the general idea of what 2-3 specs they would have.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-06-02 at 01:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

i 100% support this mostly cause i have been a hunter for nearly 15 years and i have wanted to be a dark ranger since FOREVER

Brilliant idea. 100000000% behind this. It is perfect.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If they don't want to introduce more classes, sure it would be a way. Only one problem - it would make work for people creating guides for classes much more complicated.

I always imagined Sunwalker Tauren Paladin powers should be more fire based considering the name. I think that would make for some interesting visuals too.

I wanted that instead of the stupid allied races. Would make much more sense and the resources wouldn't be wasted on horrible things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    If they don't want to introduce more classes, sure it would be a way. Only one problem - it would make work for people creating guides for classes much more complicated.
    I feel like that is a trade-off that would be worth it, though. I'm certain the vast majority would take class skins over less complicated guides.

Even then, I still don't feel it would be that complicated. They would still function the same. Just different aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no, necromancers do not deserve to be their own class mate
    would need to take apart demo lock, affi lock, unholy dk, blood dk, and maybe even frost mage+frost dk depend on the specs.

like how DH needed to take apart demo lock. but necromancer overlaps with too many classes.

explain to me right now just the general idea of what 2-3 specs they would have.
    Easy, first you change unholy dk to a simple dot melee spec. Next you turn demo lock into a Bm hunter of sorts with the ability to “tame/trap” demons in the wild to be your new pet. Turn them into masters of one badass demon rather than an army of worthless ones.

Then, you have two specs of necromancer at least: one, would be a summoner if sorts who’s speciality was summoning short term minions that wrecked face. Think demo lock master of imps, but actually well designed and using expendable corpse armies makes more sense.

There’s also at least one healing spec involving taking life from one to give to another.

Example: if you need more examples, just look at eso. They had no problem adding necromancer in this month as a new class without tearing their old classes down. No reason wow couldn’t.

IF my meta lock can be ruined for dh; no reason unholy dk can’t be changed to make room for necromancer

Fuck no, the development time is already stretched thin as it is. No need to introduce more pointless bloat. Fix the tuning and fix flawed core systems and then do pointless cosmetic crap that no one will notice anyway.

I would like to see them make Undead Elves(High) as an customization option for Undead Hunter and Rogues as Dark Rangers, yes. I don't get why that isn't a thing already. Just take the Blood Elf DK model, slap on Dark Ranger skin and put it on the customize option at the new character screen. Jobs done.

I'm going to say no- simply because there is a high chance if something like this was implemented it would be something added to the cash shop. They could charge 15 bucks a skin and people will eat it up- just like they do for MOBAs. Heck they charged 15 bucks for a transmog helm-these could fetch 25...easy. I don't think you should have to pay extra for something that should be a core part of the game. I doubt they would allow it to be free.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    The only problem I see with this is that Blizzard would need to make something up to give every class something outside of specific races. For example, if you give the Void Elves a shadowy looking holy priest spec, then every priest that is not a void elf will want something too.
    Well, priest is at least in that good position that every race has some identity issues. Forsaken, goblin. nightborne, blood elves, tauren, trolls, gnomes and such all need something for one or more specs.
    I would like to see them doing this, but without the race limitation, just let people do whatever they want, even if that means that you'll see weird stuff like an undead priest of the moon. Make every class skin unlockable through a quest chain and there you go. Cool art by the way.
    Maybe you are right with that. Thanks for compliment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i would love this, either this or if blizzard just added MORE GLYPHS because customization is huge, and i hate its so limited at times, green fire was cool, but now adays it effects nothing in demo or affi, and destro just had few spells effected by it, as some of their spells already look green without it (chaos bolt, demon fire.)

but idk, soulshard glyphs used to make it so people could see our soulshards, was super cool.
    removed in wod, added back in 7.2
    we are now entering 8.2 soon, and STILL the soulshard glyphs dont work.
    I am glad I haven't bought them.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.