Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is actually a great idea, would be cool if they implement something like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, amazing concepts! I'd love to see this in game!

Quote Originally Posted by throcha View Post
    Wow, amazing concepts! I'd love to see this in game!
    I'd love to see something more detailed and not made while listening to Dostoyevsky audiobook.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

This time I came up with Headhunter marksmanship hunter skin. It doesn't fix any lore contradictions but we have no weapon-throwing ranged class in WoW. Enjoy your blood elf or Forsaken Zul'jin cosplayer.

1. Casting animation. I think shooting spears from a gun would destroy all the fun.

2. Steady Shot: It is basically that little orange flame from the original.

3. Rapid Fire: I thought some axes would be nice for diversity. They are red, just like original arrows.

4. Multi Shot: Why would we throw only one spear?

5. Aimed Shot: I wanted to change that little aim from casting animation to look more troll-like. Trolls do not traditionally use scopes. Projectile with corresponding colours.

6. Black Arrow: Trolls generally dislike necromancy, as it is forbidden by Bwonsamdi. However, if the spear was blessed by priests of Bwonsamdi?

7. Arcane Shot: Rather voodoo shot. Spear is enchanted by witch doctors. Blizzard never really showed us how is voodoo supposed to look like, so I mixed orange from Warcraft 3 voodoo magic with space orks' magic from Warhammer. I think it looks interesting enough, although poorly executed.

8. Freezing Trap: Spiky enough to look like a trap. Has voodoo mask so we have explanation for freezing effect. You step on the mask, and then the ropes pull the spikes onto your leg. Then all the magic activates.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    This time I came up with Headhunter marksmanship hunter skin. It doesn't fix any lore contradictions but we have no weapon-throwing ranged class in WoW. Enjoy your blood elf or Forsaken Zul'jin cosplayer.

1. Casting animation. I think shooting spears from a gun would destroy all the fun.

2. Steady Shot: It is basically that little orange flame from the original.

3. Rapid Fire: I thought some axes would be nice for diversity. They are red, just like original arrows.

4. Multi Shot: Why would we throw only one spear?

5. Aimed Shot: I wanted to change that little aim from casting animation to look more troll-like. Trolls do not traditionally use scopes. Projectile with corresponding colours.

6. Black Arrow: Trolls generally dislike necromancy, as it is forbidden by Bwonsamdi. However, if the spear was blessed by priests of Bwonsamdi?

7. Arcane Shot: Rather voodoo shot. Spear is enchanted by witch doctors. Blizzard never really showed us how is voodoo supposed to look like, so I mixed orange from Warcraft 3 voodoo magic with space orks' magic from Warhammer. I think it looks interesting enough, although poorly executed.

8. Freezing Trap: Spiky enough to look like a trap. Has voodoo mask so we have explanation for freezing effect. You step on the mask, and then the ropes pull the spikes onto your leg. Then all the magic activates.
    Rapid Fire could be still a Troll Berserkering and throwing spear like an anime char. :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Porcodio View Post
    Rapid Fire could be still a Troll Berserkering and throwing spear like an anime char. :^)
    Could be but I wanted to make a tribute to HotS Zul'jin with his Taz'dingo ult.

Could be but I wanted to make a tribute to HotS Zul'jin with his Taz'dingo ult.

Ahhh true.

Well I main Hunter so I can suggest you that

Rapid Fire and Trick Shot can be the Axe animation, also because seeing a spear ricochet will be awkward than an hatchet.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Or a simple interface tab
    looks good tho i would preferred it was just locked to class not so much the spec.
    having artifact weapons spec locked is already annoying as is cosmetics should be for the class as a whole.
    it would suck to have this really cool class skin and not be able to use it cause the spec its tied to is crap for the content you do.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZz0r View Post
    looks good tho i would preferred it was just locked to class not so much the spec.
    having artifact weapons spec locked is already annoying as is cosmetics should be for the class as a whole.
    it would suck to have this really cool class skin and not be able to use it cause the spec its tied to is crap for the content you do.
    It would be locked to certain ablilities, I think.

Sounds like a great idea but what would Rogues and Warriors get for skins?

Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    I could see some weird aristocrat skin for prot warrior. You have invisible shield and fight like Three Musketeers.

It is skin. It adds new fantasy to old gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

It isn't pointless if there are people asking for it.
    does not mean they are right, pleople can ask for many things...

Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    Also, what about battlemage skin for warrior? They would be able to use mage transmogs additionally to warrior ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gourami View Post
    does not mean they are right, pleople can ask for many things...
    If people pay for that, Blizzard has all reasons to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by zanderath View Post
    I really like the idea of class skins, but it would be a lot of extra work on the devs for changing spell effects and models unless you just want the generic hue change that they can slap on and call a "skin". I think there are plenty of classes and looks as is and this would just be another reason blizz pulls resources away from gameplay to focus on aesthetics. A game that looks pretty is nice... but a game that can hold your attention is even better.

It also opens the whole can of worms with the community of how the lore ties to the skin and what each person envisions their character as. Transmog is supposed to give you that feeling. I'd rather they put more armors and weapons and tomes (like the warlock fire one for changing spell effects) that let you take the base class and modify it to your own design vs just a character creation option.
    The people who work on gameplay aren't the ones working on aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    The people who work on gameplay aren't the ones working on aesthetics.
    This is a fact denied by every game's community. Only indie games work on other rules.

The same Blizzard that tells us every year that they don't want to let up on transmog restrictions because people running around wearing a weird armor type confusing people are going to make visually distinct spell animations?

As much as I'd love a Dark Iron Shaman to throw down "Healing Flame" instead of "Healing Rain" I don't think anyone would be happy with me telling them to stand in the fire to get my healing.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    The same Blizzard that tells us every year that they don't want to let up on transmog restrictions because people running around wearing a weird armor type confusing people are going to make visually distinct spell animations?

As much as I'd love a Dark Iron Shaman to throw down "Healing Flame" instead of "Healing Rain" I don't think anyone would be happy with me telling them to stand in the fire to get my healing.
    I would agree with that, though I think there are more creative ways of doing it than just swapping healing rain out for everything fire.

Maybe a Dark Iron Resto Shaman could be like the Runemaster from the Iron Council in ulduar, using arcane runes to heal. You would still accomplish the blue = heal effect.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are enough examples:
    Sentinal (warrior/rogue/hunter, night elf)
    Blademaster (orc/tauren/troll warrior)
    Battlemage (any warrior arms)
    Spell Breaker (warrior prot. / dh vengeance, blood elf)
    Warden (warrior fury/dh havoc, nightelf)
    Bard (disc priest, holy paladin, mw monk)
    Ninja (any rogue / survival hunter)
    Swashbuckler/Pirate (prot. warrior / guardian druid / brewmaster monk)
    Tinker (demo warlock / Beastmeaster hunter)
    Mad Alchemist (any Fire mage)
    Botanist any unholy DK

etc etc, there are plenty of options for each race/class/spec

imo fantasy+race should make a (tiny) bit sense for example an Orc Sentinal would not fit. There are no orc's trained as sentinals.
    Same goes for the Spellbreakers those should only be for blood elfs.

Edit: Keep in mind that the current class mechanics are unaltered, so the new idea overlay/skin should fit that as well.

For example, The Botanist skin of the UH DK, plague become spores (hit them the burst them open) you have a permanent Lasher pet.

And what otherwise would be Army of the dead, now summons more lashers and other plant monsters to assist you!

Evolve/transform your Lasher-pet into a:
    Last edited by shade3891; 2019-06-19 at 11:18 AM.

This is my next class skin, Voidweaver. As we know, some races that have playable priest class have some conflict with Holy Light: Mag'har orcs, void elves, Forsaken. I made this skin for their holy and discipline priests. Of course, you can use that skin on lightforged Draenei if you really want. I know that many of you will say that Void is evil, destructive, all-consuming force that doesn't want to heal anyone. My idea is that true master of shadow magic is able to grasp into the Void and recover life energies(visible as bright glow) it once drained and use them to heal. Basically stealing your own blood from mosquito.

1. I just like to draw some character first. You can see his casting animations.

2. Power Word: Shield. I hate this ability. It is part of main discipline priest kit and I am really dissappointed Blizzard hasn't updated it so far. It is originally really bland and ugly spell and I tried to keep the original feel while adding a twist.

3. Holy Word: Sanctify. Cosmic mist may remind you of Arcane but it also fulfills the Void visuals. To indicate that it is a healing spell, I lowered its value contrast to be similar to holy healing.

4. Penance. Shadowbolt but designed to have colours more similar to shadow priest spells. Also has a bit of white glow as it can be used to heal.

5. Archangel or Apotheosis. I think void elves won't complain about copyright infrigement if they get all these flashy spells.

6. Holy Nova. I wanted to make bigger version of Penance's ending tip. Looks cosmic and shadowy, pretty interesting but I am afraid it has too big contrast and can attract too much attention for spammable spell. My main goal was to make it different from Arcane Explosion.

7. Spirit of Redemption. I know I could have used Voidwalker but warlocks are pretty used to their pets being semi tanks so I went for something of lighter posture. Void entity #2567563 is just fine for that. We all dream for day when Blizzard will mix n'raqi and void monsters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, pretty cool!! It makes not so much sense for some of the races to use holy magic.