Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Yeah, pretty cool!! It makes not so much sense for some of the races to use holy magic.
    Also, it could look nice with Kul Tiran.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

After quite a long time I come back with another class skin. This time something for tauren - Sunwalker. Of course, if you like totems and fiery aesthetics, you can use it on Zandalari or even blood elf. As for lore, tauren worship the Earthmother and her two eyes - An'she and Mu'sha - instead of the Holy Light. Sunwalkers are focused on the An'she aspect, the sun.

1. Templar's Verdict: Paladins use holy magic to empower their melee attacks. My idea is that Sunwalker creates heavy totem and bashes the enemy. Player's weapon is seathed for that time.

2. Judgement: I replaced the hammer with fiery, tauren-themed axe.

3. Holy Light:

a) Tauren do not use librams. I thought that spiritwalker's brazier would fit nicely if I add some sunny effects.

b) As you can see, I want healing abilities to have more delicate colour palette.

4. Divine Shield: I wanted it to look like Sun from shorter distance.

5. Consecration: You can see Sunwalkers' sigil on the ground.6. Avenging Wrath: Instead of wings, tauren get flaming totems on their backs. Also, their horns glow.

6. Avenging Wrath: Instead of wings, tauren get flaming totems on their backs. Also, their horns glow.

7. Guardian of Ancient Kings: You summon yeena'e, spirits of fallen tauren warriors(and sometimes parents) who serve An'she as heralds of the dawn. Instead of "normal" angelic wings they have ones similar to Malfurion's. It is inspired by Native American dance of eagle. The idea is that you summon your feathered grandpa to fight for you.

8. Greater Blessing of Kings: Instead of crowns, tauren wear bonnets. I changed the coloristics because original blue didn't match to sunny red aesthetic. As this blessing is defensive, it has yellow glow.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Yes. I'd love that. A cosmetic change to existing classes to allow new class fantasies that have been left out, like priestess of elune. They wouldn't have to worry about balance. And they could add as many as they wanted. YES PLEASE. I love customization and class fantasy. They can make them rewards like allies races.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Yes. I'd love that. A cosmetic change to existing classes to allow new class fantasies that have been left out, like priestess of elune. They wouldn't have to worry about balance. And they could add as many as they wanted. YES PLEASE. I love customization and class fantasy. They can make them rewards like allies races.
    I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    This time I came up with Headhunter marksmanship hunter skin. It doesn't fix any lore contradictions but we have no weapon-throwing ranged class in WoW. Enjoy your blood elf or Forsaken Zul'jin cosplayer.

1. Casting animation. I think shooting spears from a gun would destroy all the fun.

2. Steady Shot: It is basically that little orange flame from the original.

3. Rapid Fire: I thought some axes would be nice for diversity. They are red, just like original arrows.

4. Multi Shot: Why would we throw only one spear?

5. Aimed Shot: I wanted to change that little aim from casting animation to look more troll-like. Trolls do not traditionally use scopes. Projectile with corresponding colours.

6. Black Arrow: Trolls generally dislike necromancy, as it is forbidden by Bwonsamdi. However, if the spear was blessed by priests of Bwonsamdi?

7. Arcane Shot: Rather voodoo shot. Spear is enchanted by witch doctors. Blizzard never really showed us how is voodoo supposed to look like, so I mixed orange from Warcraft 3 voodoo magic with space orks' magic from Warhammer. I think it looks interesting enough, although poorly executed.

8. Freezing Trap: Spiky enough to look like a trap. Has voodoo mask so we have explanation for freezing effect. You step on the mask, and then the ropes pull the spikes onto your leg. Then all the magic activates.
    Honestly, even now, I still think they should've made Beast Mastery during Legion dual wield throwing axes a la Rexxar. Maybe make that one the hybrid melee/ranged with an emphasis on pets while survival becomes the pure melee spec.

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Honestly, even now, I still think they should've made Beast Mastery during Legion dual wield throwing axes a la Rexxar. Maybe make that one the hybrid melee/ranged with an emphasis on pets while survival becomes the pure melee spec.
    That would be a lot cooler. However, I don't know whether Blizzard has any ideas for full melee hunter.

I've played Paladin before just because I liked how "flashy" it was. I've played a Mage for a tier just to see gigantic fiery balls fly across the screen. So yes, if we can double down on how COOL things like when I push buttons, you'd have my vote.

Just make it a toggle option in the graphics menu "Ultra" and then "Complete Bad Assery" for those integrated graphics bois.

Just do it.

Been waiting for a necromancer skin for 15 years tbh, I've always wished they went with necromancer instead of warlock back then.

Always been a fan of that concept ever since the diablo 2 days.

First off, amazing concept artwork. Maybe you should apply to blizzard lol.

I think the idea of themed class abilities that perhaps can be applied either as a single glyph that themes all your abilities, or an entire new item that works as t-mog ensembles do, would be cool. My first thoughts of themes i'd want to see would be all the different Druidic themes you could create. Druids are custodians of all nature. And, despite popular belief, nature isn't just forests and flowers. I'd love to get a Druid of the Flame "skin" for my abilities/forms, but we could also get Druid of the Spores for your fungal-theme, and Wicker Witch, because the kul'tiran forms are nice, but actual spells of the same drust'var aesthetic would be amazing. You could also have druidic themes for different biomes found in nature. Arctic, Arid, Aquatic, Tropical, Prairie/Savanna, Mountainous, etc. Some races already have similar themes with their forms, but it would be nice to just have these aesthetic available to any druid race.

Obviously hunters need their obligatory dark ranger, but gunslinger would be a fun theme that isn't explored too much.
    Maybe Warlocks could also get some kind of witch-themed aesthetic along with druids, or perhaps an alchemist theme? Might sound quite out there at first, but among the infrastructure of the Legion, there's definitely been some division of fel engineers & alchemists creating machines and experimental monstrosities. Just look at dungeons & raids like Blood Furnace, or Hellfire Citadel. Perhaps a theme that involves some of the necromancy the Legion has used.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2019-07-17 at 09:01 PM.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post

I think the idea of themed class abilities that perhaps can be applied either as a single glyph that themes all your abilities, or an entire new item that works as t-mog ensembles do, would be cool. My first thoughts of themes i'd want to see would be all the different Druidic themes you could create. Druids are custodians of all nature. And, despite popular belief, nature isn't just forests and flowers. I'd love to get a Druid of the Flame "skin" for my abilities/forms, but we could also get Druid of the Spores for your fungal-theme, and Wicker Witch, because the kul'tiran forms are nice, but actual spells of the same drust'var aesthetic would be amazing. You could also have druidic themes for different biomes found in nature. Arctic, Arid, Aquatic, Tropical, Prairie/Savanna, Mountainous, etc. Some races already have similar themes with their forms, but it would be nice to just have these aesthetic available to any druid race.

Obviously hunters need their obligatory dark ranger, but gunslinger would be a fun theme that isn't explored too much.
    Maybe Warlocks could also get some kind of witch-themed aesthetic along with druids, or perhaps an alchemist theme? Might sound quite out there at first, but among the infrastructure of the Legion, there's definitely been some division of fel engineers & alchemists creating machines and experimental monstrosities. Just look at dungeons & raids like Blood Furnace, or Hellfire Citadel. Perhaps a theme that involves some of the necromancy the Legion has used.
    Gunslinger is something I think would be an interesting thing to implement, but not sure if it would fit in WoW. When it comes to gunslinger, I always see the dual pistol gunslinger and although we have guns and rifles and some that look like one handers, all ranged weapons so far use two so it might be a bit out of place.

That said if they added a gunslinger, I'd be totally up for adding in one handed guns for Hunter/Tinkers(cause I'm still pretty sure we're gonna get tinkers). We could after all use another class that uses ranged weapons. Right now, (outside of wands for the clothies) it's all hunter. If we didn't have hunters, there'd be no one to use bows, guns, or crossbows.

I would love this. WoW really falls behind other MMO's when it comes to customisation. The more we can customise about our character, the better, in my opinion. I especially like the voidweaver concept.
    Let my cries chill the living...

I'd be all for this. A Priest with a holy skin over the Shadow spec abilities would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    Thanks.
    I plan to focus on fixing lore contradictions first. If you find any, please tell me.
    Dark ranger is obligatory, indeed. Gunslinger would be better if Blizzard just added hand pistols/crossbows for rogues, hunters and tinkers.
    I think fel mechs should be left unexplored until Blizzard comes with tinker.
    Last edited by matrix123mko; 2019-07-19 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    I'd be all for this. A Priest with a holy skin over the Shadow spec abilities would be awesome.
    Did you like my purifier then?

Just wanted to say that I really love your ideas.

I always wondered if they could do something like, not just class skins, but class skins per race where applicable. So, the class itself stays the same (All Paladins are still play like Paladins) but they're named something different per race and their spells accentuate that. So for Tauren it's actually labeled "Sunwalker" for Zandalari they're "Prelates". Kul'tiran could have Tidesages instead of either Mage or Shaman. Gnome priests could instead be called "Medics" like they are.

I would love a spec based quest line like we had with Artifacts, but for armor.. that would be totally awesome

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    I always wondered if they could do something like, not just class skins, but class skins per race where applicable. So, the class itself stays the same (All Paladins are still play like Paladins) but they're named something different per race and their spells accentuate that. So for Tauren it's actually labeled "Sunwalker" for Zandalari they're "Prelates". Kul'tiran could have Tidesages instead of either Mage or Shaman. Gnome priests could instead be called "Medics" like they are.
    This is what I am asking for. We need to have fingers crossed for Blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Just wanted to say that I really love your ideas.
    They are mostly based on canon lore and art assets made by Blizzard, although for Hearthstone, HotS or some WoW NPC.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    This is what I am asking for. We need to have fingers crossed for Blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

They are mostly based on canon lore and art assets made by Blizzard, although for Hearthstone, HotS or some WoW NPC.
    Oh, I see. I thought this was the thread showcasing class skins as well race-wide skins. So Dark Ranger was a skin for ALL marksman hunters.