Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    Ok. So he fucked up trying to remain anonymous and that obviously backfired. So, what? His mistake led to being doxxed.
    No, it didn't. Again, the way you're trying to define that term so broadly means that literally any time media reference any public figure they'd be "doxxing" them.

"Donald Trump, from his home at the White House on 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in DC..."

"Donald Trump, from his Mar-a-Lago resort said..."

That would be doxxing by your definition. When it's clearly fucking not.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    I'm not the one he was arguing with, brainy.
    I'm a casual observer from the sides who can still see and calls out bs. Try again.

I've seen far more people call him out for said bs than "respecting his ""evidence""", which always comes in the form of ad hominems and personal attacks.
    We'll all just wait with baited breath for the evidence of your latest claim. Or do we have to prove that one from you as well?

Hopefully a few Antifa thugs get doxxed soon...watch the leftists flip their position quickly!
    Cuckhadis, You're Never Getting Your Fucking Impeachment

Quote Originally Posted by bagelmanman View Post
    Hopefully a few Antifa thugs get doxxed soon...watch the leftists flip their position quickly!
    Feel free to find them, and have willing interviews with them.. just like what happened in this case. Heck,m interview them on the street.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    I'm not the one he was arguing with, brainy.
    I'm a casual observer from the sides who can still see and calls out bs. Try again.

I've seen far more people call him out for said bs than "respecting his ""evidence""", which always comes in the form of ad hominems and personal attacks.
    Do you have evidence for that claim?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Awwwwww, look at you, not understanding doxxing, not reading the OP article, and looking like an idiot still claiming what factually didn't happen. Surprising? Not at all. Adorable? Always.

If we're using the definition of "doxxing" in this thread, I'd have literally zero issues with that.

So let me get this straight, some guys found out who was behind the video because of data left in a URL and a twitter username, then the real identity of said person is found, then his public information is openly shown, including a past address, real name, state he lives in, and what not, but that's not doxxing.

Please, tell me how that's not doxing? Let me help you out so that you can read better this time:
    Sigh...none of it was private it was all associated to his "business" and given in an interview BY HIM.
    So if I go and give out Trump's name, his city new York and his business address that is tied to his Twitter handle....that is doxxing too????

If a bad article is written in the NY times and I go and find the publishers name on the web site, the city he works in, his work address listed on the site, I call him and ask him questions about him that he answers....that's doxxing??

Show me where his address was listed please...

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If we're using the definition of "doxxing" in this thread, I'd have literally zero issues with that.
    "Hey lets interview some antifa"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully you’ll read the shit you reply to. Is there any forum title you wouldn’t believe?

- - - Updated - - -

If we are using this thread’s definition, Trump is getting doxxed every day.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

What, all five of them? No one gives a shit about Antifa but right-wingers looking for scapegoats and "but what about..." targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    What, all five of them? No one gives a shit about Antifa but right-wingers looking for scapegoats and "but what about..." targets.
    In context of this thread... I’m pretty sure artifa would absolutely love to be doxxed, the same way the guy in OP. I don’t think antifa would shy away from publicity. It sure as hell beats memes about milk shakes...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Sigh...none of it was private it was all associated to his "business" and given in an interview BY HIM.
    So if I go and give out Trump's name, his city new York and his business address that is tied to his Twitter handle....that is doxxing too????

If a bad article is written in the NY times and I go and find the publishers name on the web site, the city he works in, his work address listed on the site, I call him and ask him questions about him that he answers....that's doxxing??

Show me where his address was listed please...
    The interview has no direct relationship with the video... We know it was HIM that did the interview and HIM that did the video because it got related through the account named in the URL. How is that hard to comprehend is beyond me.

In 2017 he uprooted from his apartment in the Bronx and relocated to Greenville, North Carolina where he found work cleaning hotel rooms
    - - - Updated - - -

No, it didn't. Again, the way you're trying to define that term so broadly means that literally any time media reference any public figure they'd be "doxxing" them.

"Donald Trump, from his home at the White House on 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in DC..."

"Donald Trump, from his Mar-a-Lago resort said..."

That would be doxxing by your definition. When it's clearly fucking not.
    I touched upon this very same point a reply below the one you quoted, I think. It's not the same thing at all, the sources of information are vastly different.

The interview has no direct relationship with the video... We know it was HIM that did the interview and HIM that did the video because it got related through the account named in the URL. How is that hard to comprehend is beyond me.
    I'm still not seeing why this is significant for you. It's like saying that you "doxxed" someone because you read the return address on a freakin letter.

I'm still not seeing why this is significant for you. It's like saying that you "doxxed" someone because you read the return address on a freakin letter.
    It's not that it's significant to me, it's the fact that he got identified because of that. Without that screw-up, this discussion wouldn't even be happening. The return address on a letter does not equal an account name on some website either...

Without that screw-up, this discussion wouldn't even be happening.
    Ok, so he made a dumb mistake that let media easily find his publicly available pages? I'm still not seeing the problem, sounds like the guy needs to learn to accept the responsibility for his actions and take personal accountability.

The return address on a letter does not equal an account name on some website either...
    No, but it's the same concept. It lets you know where the letter came from, just as his username's inclusion let media know where the post came from. If his information wasn't all publicly available through that username, which is itself public from what I can tell, they'd have nothing to work with.

Again, not seeing anything wrong with any of this. Were this to happen to "leftists" I'd have the exact same opinion. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Liberals rationalizing their hate and showing their true colors once again. Beyond the insane amount of hatred and threats he'll be subjected to...here's to hoping he doesn't get hurt or killed.

Maybe he shouldn't have shared it with his named tied to it. Then agreed to a interview on top of that. This wasn't doxxing this was his stupidity.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Ok, so he made a dumb mistake that let media easily find his publicly available pages? I'm still not seeing the problem, sounds like the guy needs to learn to accept the responsibility for his actions and take personal accountability.

No, but it's the same concept. It lets you know where the letter came from, just as his username's inclusion let media know where the post came from. If his information wasn't all publicly available through that username, which is itself public from what I can tell, they'd have nothing to work with.

Again, not seeing anything wrong with any of this. Were this to happen to "leftists" I'd have the exact same opinion. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    A dumb mistake that allowed Daily Beast to dox him, more like.

I'm also not biased by ideals either as you might be implying. I haven't said anything about whether it's wrong or not, or that if he should accept responsibility or not either, I personally think he's an idiot for all intents and porpuses, but this is doxxing. If this had happened to a leftist person that got identified by right-wing media I'd be saying it was doxxing as well. Doxxing is a pretty fucked up thing after all.

Furthermore, a username is by no means the same as a name in a letter or any other kind of information it might have on it so long as the letter is public. Imagine that information about you got leaked onto the internet due to your YouTube username because of a dumb comment or video, or something similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    A dumb mistake that allowed Daily Beast to dox him, more like.
    Noticing that someone's publicly identified themselves is not "doxxing", however much you want to twist the facts.

The Daily Beast didn't expose this guy to anything, nor did they dig up any private info they shouldn't have had access to. They followed the public trail right back to the public site where this guy publicly conducted his business and was publicly posting this material. From his personal public account.

I'm also not biased by ideals either as you might be implying.
    To take the completely ridiculous stance on this issue you're taking here, you'd almost have to be. Because your stance is completely divorced from reality. Something is creating that gap, and your personal bias is the easiest explanation.

Sure, maybe there's another reason you're out to lunch on this, but Occam's razor suggests extreme bias.

You do understand this is a case where they go "This user name started it!" but on facebook the username is his name. And so...

Not doxxing.

Doxxing requires you to obtain information not publicly available. Not literally just posting the username of an account that in this case happens to be his actual name.

- - - Updated - - -

I touched upon this very same point a reply below the one you quoted, I think. It's not the same thing at all, the sources of information are vastly different.
    Still waiting for his doxxed address ..all you showed was Bronx ....
    Well that narrows it down to a few million residence in the Bronx...

And they got all this Information directly from him..during an interview....