Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by THCRaven View Post
    No one is forcing you to play it, rather the opposite, I don't want you to play classic.
    Prime example of the Classic 'community' right here. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    You're comparing apples to oranges here. Red Dead Redemption 2 was released last year and, like you said, Skyrim has a dedicated modding community.

Classic is neither of those things. It's a horribly dated version of the game and modding (aside from UI addons) is strictly forbidden.
    All you have is a relic that will never change, will never be updated. Stuck in an indefinite stasis. And as "immersive" as the game was back then. Try as you might, you will never recapture the feelings you had when you first played it back in 2004. Anyone who thinks they can is living in a bubble. (Unless you give yourself a lobotomy beforehand).

If people want to waste the same amount of time on a game they've already played before, fine by me. But I for one have had my fill. WotLK was my favorite expansion and even I wouldn't go back if Wrath servers were eventually released.
    Classic still holds lots of value for people who never played it, or didn't managed to play it in a way they wanted before it ended, that's why it's popular

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Prime example of the Classic 'community' right here. XD
    Lets be fair, there is no "classic community" there is just one big community. Segregating players like that is bad. Shitty people will remain shitty people in any game they play, there is no way of changing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post
    You got it all wrong. This is how it wrongs in scrub environment, where people only stack SP. One of the reasons why people knew PoM/Pyro is trash is that you auto-lose to deep frost.
    So now suddenly its Mage vs Mage.

No, let me rephrase it.

Vanilla PvP worked like this, i am not talking private server bullshit with free hand out Rank 14/Naxx gear to everyone.

The more geared Warrior with his personal healers, would cleave everything down, unless there was an equally geared Warrior that would crit just 1 time more to kill the other Warrior faster.

Or in premades, it would be, focus people the same reasoning before they focus yours, otherwise the alive Warrior would roflstomp the rest.

The Alliance Warrior would have his Freedom and cleave down anything "Mage" , and free honor after the Ice Block for the next few minutes, and the Horde Warrior had to touch you once for Windfury to do the rest, assuming the secondary backup healer was either dispelling the Frost Nova, or purging your Ice Armor.

Vanilla PvP is a joke, it was unbalanced and its based on who had the most gear.

Classic will have more people with gear so it will be interesting to see how it is, since people know what to do to get it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixxis View Post
    The current game trades things like mana management, threat management, and extremely selective cooldown usage for more complex rotations. It's not hard to understand, just play both games and you'll see the difference. Your buttons you press are fewer and farther in between but the considerations and consequences of each button press are more important in the old game. It's a different type of complexity and some people liked that every class doesn't have similar level of utility.
    Please stop the pretense. You want to enjoy vanilla, fine, and so will I, but let's not make this farcical by constructing arguments based on absolute nonsense like 'Your buttons you press are fewer and farther in between but the considerations and consequences of each button press are more important in the old game'

Quote Originally Posted by Blandalf View Post
    Anyone who doesn't understand why Classic is special should just watch Preach's video.
    The bias is so strong in that video that it's downright pathetic. Not to mention the double standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Classic still holds lots of value for people who never played it, or didn't managed to play it in a way they wanted before it ended, that's why it's popular
    But I'm seeing people who have been playing since the beginning (Like Preach) that gush about Classic and act like it's superior in every way. It really isn't. They're just allowing their nostalgia to cloud their judgement.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2019-06-03 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blandalf View Post
    Anyone who doesn't understand why Classic is special should just watch Preach's video.

Sums it up perfectly.
    Preach, you can stop posting links to your own videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    3) YOU ALREADY KNOW EVERYTHING THAT WILL HAPPEN So? I replay games all the time. You know what's going to happen running the same Mythic dungeon for the 30th time, too. I don't remember most of the old quests, and I intend to explore zones I didn't before.
    I hate that one too, it is like people don't go back and play retro games from 30 years ago or something.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    But I'm seeing people who have been playing since the beginning (Like Preach) that gush about Classic and act like it's superior in every way. It really isn't. They're just allowing their nostalgia to cloud their judgement.
    Last thing i've heard from Preach about classic was that it has shitty gameplay, but leveling experience is far better than BfA, which is true. Nostalgia is also a huge kicker here, but it'll be satisfied at some point, for some it will be a changer, for others it won't.

I mean, he plays a warrior and he is very social person, off course he is having fun, he is always needed and he has LOTS of opportunities to be a game-changer in game (compared to other classes), because that's what tanks in vanilla always were - they are most important pieces of your team, bad tank can make dungeon almost unmanageable, while good tank will make the same dungeon a breeze
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2019-06-03 at 03:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

The bias is so strong in that video that it's downright pathetic. Not to mention the double standards.

"I don't like it so it must be nostalgia or bias!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mirain1 View Post
    "I don't like it so it must be nostalgia or bias!"
    When people say Classic is superior to BFA, let alone all the other MMO's that are available on the market right now. Then yeah. That is fucking bias!

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Vanilla PvP worked like this, i am not talking private server bullshit with free hand out Rank 14/Naxx gear to everyone.
    Who cares about private servers? I don't understand how gearing works there, but how does it even matter? Why are you acting like you were the only one with gear back in vanilla?

The more geared Warrior with his personal healers, would cleave everything down, unless there was an equally geared Warrior that would crit just 1 time more to kill the other Warrior faster.

Or in premades, it would be, focus people the same reasoning before they focus yours, otherwise the alive Warrior would roflstomp the rest.
    You probably watched Pat PvP too many times lol. This is not how premade vs premade works, at least between slightly more skilled players. So maybe your realm was just weak? That's the great part about vanilla - if you guys had fun doing that, it's great. We had slightly more tryhard premades.

The Alliance Warrior would have his Freedom and cleave down anything "Mage" , and free honor after the Ice Block for the next few minutes, and the Horde Warrior had to touch you once for Windfury to do the rest, assuming the secondary backup healer was either dispelling the Frost Nova, or purging your Ice Armor.
    I'd say 1v3 vs 3 warlocks is way worse than warrior/sham/priest.

Vanilla PvP is a joke, it was unbalanced and its based on who had the most gear.
    You are kinda right, but it doesn't matter. It's a lot fun, unlike bfa PvP. I cba even to queue up due to crucible items, which, btw, are required to play PvP. I have them too but they make the game just way too boring.

When people say Classic is superior to BFA, let alone all the other MMO's that are available on the market right now. Then yeah. That is fucking bias!
    Why? It's a game, it's personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    So I'm at the same progression level as you were. My sub started 11/23/2004, even have sulfuras on my vanilla pally. My wife and I are in beta and the grind is rough and tedious. The draw for me is a couple of things:

1. ?? players and creatures. Seeing these in the realm is exciting and having to have a plan for moving around them is pretty cool.
    100% agree. scaling creatures are cool, but knowing anywhere you can go is "safe" for the most part removes a huge sense of progression from the world.
    2. Talent trees. I really miss the old talent trees. Fluff talents or not I really don't give a shit. Having something to look forward to every level is worth it.
    Dear god yes. I just leveled a nightborne, its incredibly dull grinding from 20 to 120. from lvl 30 to ~105 or so, you're doing 1k dps. the entire time. couple abilities added here or there which makes the spells you use a tad more interesting, but really not much happens during leveling. your first two points can really be summed up as the leveling experience in retail just plain sucks.
    3. Class quests. Why in the ever living F would they remove these. They are awesome, unique, exciting. Again something to look forward to.
    4. Class armor. Why in the ever living F would they remove the uniqueness of class armor. I'm SICK of getting gear and looking like the next schmo.
    not much to add, but 110% agree. I'll never understand why they removed this.
    5. Set bonuses. Looking forward to hitting that set bonus and getting that extra edge. Something to work towards.
    Set bonuses were cool. But, they did kinda lock you into your sets even if you get a piece that is "better" stat wise, equipping it would be a mistake more often than not. I miss them, but also kinda ok with them being gone.
    6. Legendaries. Having the luck and the will to get these. Sulfuras crafting and the thunderfury crafting and quest chains are absolutely epic
    I too miss real legendaries, even though i never was able to attain one(at level). They were truely legendary to see someone with it. No i'm not talking about the "everyone gets a legendary ring/cloak" version or legion legendary candy.
    7. Class mounts. See class quests above
    again, agree.

I'm still subbed to wow and am 7/9m in BoD, but have basically stopped raiding till next xpac and have been for a month or so now. I would once again be a no-lifer if the devs put even 1 of the above requests back into the game. Those are for me the driving factor in wanting to attempt to grind out vanilla again.
    One thing i would add, i'm 7/9h in BoD so far more casual than you, but i agree, although i'm still playing. One thing i always wanted and regret that we now have, is the fact that you can basically get 100% geared by spamming m+ and completely invalidating raid gear. its cool to be able to gear up outside of raids, but its kinda weird being heroic raid level geared in a day or two, and then getting nearly mythic level gear once a week, even if all i was ever doing is normal raids, or even LFR. Like, what is the incentive to care about raiding now days beyond the challenge of getting 15-20 people to cooperate?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Just to be curius but what is the great reward waiting at the end ? its a game, you play to have fun when your doing it maybe meet some new friends, but in the end there is no reward waiting for you.
    Never said great. I’m just answering the question OP asked and my answer is based off the posts of vanilla fans.

Also what’s a reward in a game is subjective and having fun is a reward....

I'm looking for slower gameplay and more "epic-ness". There no challenge anymore except in raids and Mythic >+6(some will say >+10). Everything is a rush. Heritage gear is nice but it's still a sleepwalk rush to 120 - not much fun. I raid 3-4 times a week with two toons with some great guilds. It takes me an hour or less per day to maintain them. The next BFA release will be a few days of focused play and, likely, back to the hour or less a day. My plan is to continue this and play Classic the rest of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    BFA plays like an arcade game, WoW lost its RPG feeling long ago.

Vanilla wow was an experience that the current version of WoW cannot provide. Sure it had its flaws, but it is a game that amassed over 7 million players in this version alone. Friendships and relationships were formed, and people played because it was a social game.

Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post
    You are kinda right, but it doesn't matter. It's a lot fun, unlike bfa PvP. I cba even to queue up due to crucible items, which, btw, are required to play PvP. I have them too but they make the game just way too boring.
    I dont know, even after the merge, the only thing that didnt die in less than 3 globals were plate wearers with either Rank 13 or Rank 14/Naxx gear, aka at least 5.6-6k HP.

Which is as i said, which Warrior crits 1 time more to win.

I dont know about weakness, Stormscale was with my Battlegroup, supposedly "The best PvP Vanilla server" (lol).

Not even sure what the Warlocks are supposed to be, Sleep from Succubus? You mean will of the forsaken-->2 shot Warlock? He comes, fear succubus-->2 shot Warlock, watch him leave BG?

I dont know what gear level you played, but as i said above, i helped a lot of different premades on different servers cause friends had to sleep, and especially when nearing Rank 14 you know how the farm was, it wasnt any different.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-06-03 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirain1 View Post
    Why? It's a game, it's personal preference.
    Try telling that to the Vanilla fans that keep on pushing their "personal preferences" as facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Remmy-the-mage-br View Post
    Vanilla wow was an experience that the current version of WoW cannot provide. Sure it had its flaws, but it is a game that amassed over 7 million players in this version alone. Friendships and relationships were formed, and people played because it was a social game.
    Nothing is stopping people from making friends in the modern game. They just don't want to.
    People only latched onto others because that was the only way to accomplish anything in Vanilla.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2019-06-03 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Lets be fair, there is no "classic community" there is just one big community. Segregating players like that is bad. Shitty people will remain shitty people in any game they play, there is no way of changing that.
    There 100% is a Classic community. Many people are only interested in Classic and will never play retail and vice-versa. Retail massively segregates people with LFR, M+, different levels of raiding etc