Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    They will know your alts eventually.
    No, it's not my alts from classic, it's the toons I used to have in vanilla and Burning Crusade before battle.net was a thing.

And in pugs I would probably inspect other people's notes while eating/drinking, yes. All I'd have to do is see what servers they were on.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Friend 1 "Sorry bud, I should have let you know like a real friend would have"
    Friend 2 "It's ok. Since we have realID through the bnet client I should have been able to see you online if I cared enough"
    winning. This sums up the thread. As others a said, small QoL but not a necessary or important QoL, infact it could be a negative thing imho.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    No changes
    Other than the already announced changes, right?

#NoChanges #SomeChanges #OnlyMyChanges

On Topic, i think its a great idea. No other changes though - just this one, and flying, and thats it. Obviously LFR will be introduced for sure, so not really a change. #NoChanges

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Other than the already announced changes, right?

#NoChanges #SomeChanges #OnlyMyChanges

On Topic, i think its a great idea. No other changes though - just this one, and flying, and thats it. Obviously LFR will be introduced for sure, so not really a change. #NoChanges
    No, no changes.

No, no changes.
    So you expect them to undo the changes they have made? or you are no longer interested in the game and accept the changes are going ahead?

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Friend 1 "Sorry bud, I should have let you know like a real friend would have"
    Friend 2 "It's ok. Since we have realID through the bnet client I should have been able to see you online if I cared enough"
    We're talking about a possible note system to be usable in classic. Imagining the days before battle tag existed.

No that would be stupid, just tell your friends or hop on your other char to show them what youve done. You basically just suggested achievements/gearscore for Classic. Begone with you

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    No, but when you're in a group with your friend you can look at the list and add any of their alts you're missing to your friend's list. That's what I was trying to get at.

- - - Updated - - -

Friend 1 logs in.
    Friend 2 "Hey man haven't seen you on in forever, where you been?"
    Friend 1 "Oh, made a warrior before we did our M+ run two weeks ago."
    Friend 2 "Oh, if only I could've seen on some kind of note that you had a new toon."
    Me: Hey friend I just made a Warrior alt, his name is Bob, let me relog so you can add him

My point with my post was simply: We can still talk to each other, real old-school I know, but then I hate seeing how talking to each other sometimes gets pushed aside by apps or social media "likes" and other crap like it. But then ... I'm not exactly a teenager anymore so that might be why lol

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    So same thing you can do by just adding him to battle.net friends list? What stops other players from looking at that note? Why would anyone look at notes in first place?

There is a lot of stretching logic happening here to justify something that already exists in better form. You present completely illogical case for it. The only logical conclusion is you made up that case, but you actually want feature for something else that has 0 to do with friends, like advertising your gold selling website or twitch channel.

Chances of someone using that for spam is many times higher than someone using that for anything semi-useful.
    We're speculating about a magical version of classic that doesn't have battle tag on it, to make it more classic-like. No battle-tag integration, but you can have that note thing to help your friends know about your alts.

I would be so ok with moana deleting this thread so I could re-write what I meant,

"I want a way for people to know what my toons were in actual vanilla and BC before battle.net existed."

Just in vanilla I had max-level toons on:
    Thunderhorn Horde
    Uldum Alliance
    Proudmoore Horde

BC:
    Arathor Alliance

WotLK:
    Proudmoore Alliance
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by LSguild View Post
    think theres a very slim chance of them changing anything beyond whats been said already. Will be interested to see what they do after naxx if they decide to add content. maybe then we get some changes and guild bank etc
    I hope like hell they release TBC.

It was such a good expansion after experiencing Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Friend 1 logs in.
    Friend 2 "Hey man haven't seen you on in forever, where you been?"
    Friend 1 "Oh, made a warrior before we did our M+ run two weeks ago."
    Friend 2 "Oh, if only I could've seen on some kind of note that you had a new toon."
    Friend 1: Would you really have checked every single character you saw online just to see if I left a note that it was me playing that character?
    Friend 2: Yes.
    Friend 1:
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bildur View Post
    Me: Hey friend I just made a Warrior alt, his name is Bob, let me relog so you can add him

My point with my post was simply: We can still talk to each other, real old-school I know, but then I hate seeing how talking to each other sometimes gets pushed aside by apps or social media "likes" and other crap like it. But then ... I'm not exactly a teenager anymore so that might be why lol
    MyFriendsCharacterNameWithOneLetterReplaced: Hey it's me! i've made an engineering alt can you send me some bags and rough stones or smth please
    Me: sure bud here you go!
    *later*
    Me: hey bob, how is your engineering alt?
    Bob: what engineering alt?
    Me: /me feels bamboozled
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    MyFriendsCharacterNameWithOneLetterReplaced: Hey it's me! i've made an engineering alt can you send me some bags and rough stones or smth please
    Me: sure bud here you go!
    *later*
    Me: hey bob, how is your engineering alt?
    Bob: what engineering alt?
    Me: /me feels bamboozled
    You: Realizes that maybe Bob wasn't such a good friend to begin with and makes a mental note to talk to people a bit more before giving them stuff. Also you realize that a few bags and rough stones was, perhaps, a cheap price to pay to expose Bob as being an ass so early in your friendship.

My point is still - forget about facebook posts and likes and what have you - talk to one another. Yes sure there is some compulsive liars out there and people who wants to exploit your kindness, but in my experience they are the few, rotten exceptions amongst a much larger group of people who are legit nice once you get to know them a bit

No, no changes.
    Your in for a nasty shock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bildur View Post
    You: Realizes that maybe Bob wasn't such a good friend to begin with and makes a mental note to talk to people a bit more before giving them stuff. Also you realize that a few bags and rough stones was, perhaps, a cheap price to pay to expose Bob as being an ass so early in your friendship.
    Nah, the story was about someone just making up a character and impersonating Bob to ask his guildies for free stuff, then remove character. Bob is best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.