Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ...
10
50
58
59
60
61
LastLast
  1. #1181
    Console.Write("Title"); Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium, EU
    Posts
    6,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Someone actually patched old championship manager 01/02 with this seasons players and stats and it's all free
    oh, neat! Will check it out, thanks

  2. #1182
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    oh, neat! Will check it out, thanks
    https://www.sportbible.com/football/...quads-20200317

    There you go good sir.

  3. #1183
    If the government can make Pogba Dab to fight Corona, can we also get Cristino Ronaldo running through supermarkets doing his calm down gesture as people fight over rolls of toilet paper.

    Chance of getting diarrhea with corvid-19 is low on the list of symptoms, I really dont know why people need to buy out the local supply of this shit. Excuse the pun.

    Also no football sucks, when they stopped all major sports thats when you knew shit got real, all that money just on hold and might not even have any more major events for the year, i'll even let liverpool take their league victory over that.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

  4. #1184
    Interesting all the talk about footballers wages in the lock down period.

    Easy target to say footballers should get pay cuts. I dont see the same kind of attuide to investment bankers/CEO's/Agents/Managing directors that could easily be on the same wage bracket/even higher but no one says they should contribute in the same way as they do footballers. Who normally do more charity work than most already.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

  5. #1185
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Interesting all the talk about footballers wages in the lock down period.

    Easy target to say footballers should get pay cuts. I dont see the same kind of attuide to investment bankers/CEO's/Agents/Managing directors that could easily be on the same wage bracket/even higher but no one says they should contribute in the same way as they do footballers. Who normally do more charity work than most already.
    Mostly because they're celebs. It's easier to bitch at a person who has a well known face.
    Could you tell me who the CEO of some random bank is, off the hat?

  6. #1186
    It's an interesting topic, because athletes tend to be one of the biggest sources of "new wealth," IE people who've actually been poor or middle class, and they tend to be more charitable and more responsible with their wealth.

    That they should give up their wealth while the generational wealth of the team owners and other wealthy individuals in society don't need to is bizarre and off-putting. I believe Wayne Rooney had a tweet about it at some point....oh, he actually wrote an article in the Sunday Times about it: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/o...rder-n7wz5mqlb

  7. #1187
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Mostly because they're celebs. It's easier to bitch at a person who has a well known face.
    Could you tell me who the CEO of some random bank is, off the hat?
    That is true but they dont call out individuals, they talk about the collective.

    So instead of asking Phil Jones or Lingard to donate, they'd ask man utd players to donate instead of every top lawyer at a firm or w/e.

    I dunno, just find it odd how athletes are a easier target.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

  8. #1188
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    That is true but they dont call out individuals, they talk about the collective.

    So instead of asking Phil Jones or Lingard to donate, they'd ask man utd players to donate instead of every top lawyer at a firm or w/e.

    I dunno, just find it odd how athletes are a easier target.
    Kroos is under some fire for not wanting to accept pay cuts. He vowed to donate to an institution of his choice, but the press isn't too easy on him.

    https://en.as.com/en/2020/04/09/foot...48_197495.html

    Now he has to defend himself, which is quite ridiculous.


    Companies, just like football clubs, should handle their salaries internally, without pressure from outside. Business people know what they're doing. If it's necessary to cut wages, they'll do it.

    Unless they're publicly traded, but that's another thing.

  9. #1189
    So, EPL is looking to restart in June, Bundesliga maybe as early as May??

    Does anyone believe this is actually going to happen?

  10. #1190
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    12,833
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So, EPL is looking to restart in June, Bundesliga maybe as early as May??

    Does anyone believe this is actually going to happen?
    Not a chance. We haven't even plateaud yet.


    Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

  11. #1191
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So, EPL is looking to restart in June, Bundesliga maybe as early as May??

    Does anyone believe this is actually going to happen?
    Cant see it happening, its way to early. Since EPL is so hellbendt on finishing current season they have more or less rest of 2020 to finish it. Maybe we see some football activity in august. At this point 20/21 season is also ruined.

    The X factor in this right now is Spain. Theres ALOT going on there right now and a huge fight over finishing the season or just cancel it and focus on next. If they end up with scrapping the season, UEFA might have a big trouble with CL/EL 20/21. Either every league gets behind finishing the season or it might all fall flat.

  12. #1192
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    12,833
    Looks like United are already starting transfer business. Reports coming in that they've agreed terms with Jack Grealish.


    Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

  13. #1193
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Cant see it happening, its way to early. Since EPL is so hellbendt on finishing current season they have more or less rest of 2020 to finish it. Maybe we see some football activity in august. At this point 20/21 season is also ruined.

    The X factor in this right now is Spain. Theres ALOT going on there right now and a huge fight over finishing the season or just cancel it and focus on next. If they end up with scrapping the season, UEFA might have a big trouble with CL/EL 20/21. Either every league gets behind finishing the season or it might all fall flat.
    TBH UEFA should just look at the Qatar world cup being in 2022 winter and just start the new seasons in Europe having it end a few weeks before the world cup. With a slow transition back to normality for Euro 2024

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Looks like United are already starting transfer business. Reports coming in that they've agreed terms with Jack Grealish.
    Can't blame them, we don't even know if the window will even open again in July yet. Might as well get what you can done.

  14. #1194
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    TBH UEFA should just look at the Qatar world cup being in 2022 winter and just start the new seasons in Europe having it end a few weeks before the world cup. With a slow transition back to normality for Euro 2024

    - - - Updated - - -

    Theres over 2 years for WC in Qatar. They would ruin this season, 20/21 season and most of 21/22 season. It wouldnt be back to normal football before 23/24 then.

    The WC in Qatar should never be played out anyway, but thats not the discussion right now.'

    The important part here is that all leagues(that compete for CL/EL) needs to finish the season, they MUST. Especially the big leagues for CL, cause CL is in the end something for the big teams anyway. If they dont all finish the season in reasonable time, UEFA will have big problems with CL/EL. Who will take places? Should they look at previous season? Should they lock out the leagues/teams that dont manage to finish the season? is that something they can justify in these days?

    The number one priority should be the leagues. All cups should step aside as long its needed in order to either finish season or start up a new one.

    Right now PL is looking at 30 june as the latest date to finish. What happens if they dont? Right now it doesnt look like they can push that through while its going really bad in the UK.

  15. #1195
    Console.Write("Title"); Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium, EU
    Posts
    6,777
    The Belgian league has been ended with Club Brugge being named champions, and apparently UEFA are not at all happy about it, probably for the reasons you mention @crusadernero

    Not that I care much for the Belgian league, with it's weird play off system.

  16. #1196
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    The Belgian league has been ended with Club Brugge being named champions, and apparently UEFA are not at all happy about it, probably for the reasons you mention @crusadernero

    Not that I care much for the Belgian league, with it's weird play off system.
    Yeah I saw. Wont be surprised if more leagues will follow suit, either they want to or not.

  17. #1197
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Interesting all the talk about footballers wages in the lock down period.

    Easy target to say footballers should get pay cuts. I dont see the same kind of attuide to investment bankers/CEO's/Agents/Managing directors that could easily be on the same wage bracket/even higher but no one says they should contribute in the same way as they do footballers. Who normally do more charity work than most already.
    Because, they aren't actually doing anything right now to justify that pay.
    Most jobs can be done remotely so why should you get a pay cut? Players on the other hand need to play games to generate revenue and since they aren't doing that as of now and not even training.

    Also for most clubs the the players are the biggest source of cost they have, it's not hard to imagine that they are expected to accept a payment cut in a situation that they are sitting on there asses.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    The Belgian league has been ended with Club Brugge being named champions, and apparently UEFA are not at all happy about it, probably for the reasons you mention @crusadernero

    Not that I care much for the Belgian league, with it's weird play off system.
    What is UEFA going to do? I expect that in a few weeks most leagues will do the same because you can not justify at this point to restart any league.
    By the time governments feel comfortable to allow matches to continue a new season will start anyway.

    Also think about it, next season might also be in semi danger as long social distancing is the only solution we have. Football is a contactsport which involves allot of people to make it happen. It's going to be a logistical mess regardless.

  18. #1198
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    12,833
    The UK government expect pubs to be shut till Christmas. Football won't be happening before then.


    Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

  19. #1199
    Console.Write("Title"); Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium, EU
    Posts
    6,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    The UK government expect pubs to be shut till Christmas. Football won't be happening before then.
    Crazy, but at the same time understandable. A needed sanction to fight this damn virus. Guess I'm going to cancel my sports sub with my ISP then...

    - - - Updated - - -

    So Dutch Eredivisie got cancelled, no title winner and no relegations... pretty harsh but yeah. Liverpool fans sweating now I bet.

  20. #1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Crazy, but at the same time understandable. A needed sanction to fight this damn virus. Guess I'm going to cancel my sports sub with my ISP then...

    - - - Updated - - -

    So Dutch Eredivisie got cancelled, no title winner and no relegations... pretty harsh but yeah. Liverpool fans sweating now I bet.
    Cambuur will likely fight the ruling. No way you can look at teams that are so far ahead (Cambuur are basically promoted with their gap) and go tough shit fuck face.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •