10+ Year Old Account
    He'd be more likely to come to Sheffield Utd than Manchester Utd after we beat them to the last Champions league spot
    Obviously we can't actually afford him and don't use wingers so moot point.

Tbh the lads only 19. BvB are a great club that play in a good league and UCL. I don't know why he'd be in a rush to make a sideways (at best) move to the Premier League club right away, with how much of a career he has ahead of him.

But of course a career can end any second so it's perhaps better to milk a club like United for every penny now while you can. Difficult decision either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    He supported Chelsea as a yout and played for Manchester City academy. "Guaranteed playtime" isn't very alluring when it's something he already has, and it's at a Champions League club.
    Well ye i wouldn't choose United over Dortmund either, but if he is leaving to go back to England i doubt he will join Liverpool or City

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Well ye i wouldn't choose United over Dortmund either, but if he is leaving to go back to England i doubt he will join Liverpool or City
    You don't think he will join bigger clubs with better managers and a brighter future? Why is that?

He's got more chance of coming to join his best friend Reiss Nelson at Arsenal mate.
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

You would have to question the ambition of any player who wants to play under OGS.

Also, Sancho was a Chelsea fan as a youngster + his idols were Frank and Drogs. He's been twerking for us since last summer.

What's the attraction to playing in the dead rubber club Chelsea? Living in London to get acid attacked? Getting chess lessons from Frank?

The owner has alt tabbed out and is living it up with Israeli supermodels

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    What's the attraction to playing in the dead rubber club Chelsea? Living in London to get acid attacked? Getting chess lessons from Frank?

The owner has alt tabbed out and is living it up with Israeli supermodels
    Mate. Your country is mostly famous for an incel shooting up some Mosque.
    Try harder to stay relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    Mate. Your country is mostly famous for an incel shooting up some Mosque.
    Try harder to stay relevant.
    Some no life shooter has nothing on lord of the rings.

Or Mclaren. Or isreal adesanya if you want someone more "relevant".

I'd even argue shrek the sheep is more famous. So try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Some no life shooter has nothing on lord of the rings.

Or Mclaren. Or isreal adesanya if you want someone more "relevant".

I'd even argue shrek the sheep is more famous. So try harder.
    Yeah, now you know how stupid it is to say "Living in London to get acid attacked".
    Utter moron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember the "no using tragedies for point scoring" rule?

This is crossing it, drop this poor banter and move on.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Ol' Bobby B coming back after a hiatus to get Bobby C banned.

You love to see it.
    See you again at the end of the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohh City banned by UEFA from all european football for 2 seasons and fined 30 million euros for breaking the financial fair play rules. Really nice to see that UEFA are really cracking down on the rules for once.

City will appeal it i'm guessing, but hope UEFA dont cave in!

Holy shittttt

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure Manchester City have enough money to buy their way out of this ruling

They will appeal and it will be reduced with 1 year. I expect City to be out of CL 20/21 and back 21/22.

This can potentially be a HUGE hit for City. Might lose players & Pep. What then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye i'm guessing that UEFA have some pretty solid evidence since the penalty and fine are so high so doubt that an appeal will help much. Maybe postpone it by a year?

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I'm sure Manchester City have enough money to buy their way out of this ruling
    If they had the money, they could've surely prevented this ruling to begin with.

edit: Holy shit so 5th place will get CL? Damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Champions League football is back on the menu for United!

Sheffield United that is.

If City successfully appeal this then FFP is finished.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they appeal this, then club spending is about to go through the roof. In before someone goes for £500 mil next summer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Their biggest complaint has always been that it's all done by the UEFA and that they "oh so desperately" need a third party to do investigations (so that they can influence it). They want to make them look like the antagonist.

I expect the appeal to go nowhere as the UEFA is perfectly within their right to sanction them if they have irrefutable evidence (the overstatement of their sponsorship money and the incorrect break-even info).
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2020-02-14 at 08:12 PM.