Page 10 of 144 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    80 million for a bit as good van djik.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorged View Post
    Well we have made some good signings so far, getting the best of the championship that can probably take the step-up to Prem and the legend that is Jags. Not sure what Villa's plan is and how they can spend so much when start of last season they were nearly in administration. If they go back down they are royally fucked i guess.
    I think Villa have spent over 80 million this transfer window. I don't know which sugar daddy they've pimped themselves out to, but they seem intent on doing a Fulham (spending 100 million on a new squad worked so well for them).

I'm mostly happy with Norwich's transfer window this time around. We've got the core team on deals that'll take them up to the end of 2021 or longer, and brought in some players that look like they'll fit in the dressing room. One of the new guys even scored a penalty this afternoon against Bielefeld, so things are looking up in that department too (especially as VAR will be handing out penalties like sweets at a parade if it's anything like the WWC).

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    80 million for a bit as good van djik.
    Oh how those United fans must feel when they said L'pool paid too much for VVD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not quite football is it lol. Cricket is going okay too.
    Tennis was mental too.

United won't get him for less than 75mil.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

"80mill is too much!!1". Fuck who cares better it be spent on players than glazers debt. And have you seen Phil Jones hair in pre season. I was not mentally prepared for another season of fucking Jones/smalling. Got tuazanbe knocking on the door who could be a big talent and got an actual right back now. Utd might not be shit tier this season

15+ Year Old Account

At least his hair matches the new away kit!

I don't think you can really argue the price of a player anymore without seeing how things pan out. When Liverpool signed VVD and later Alisson, everyone thought they were overpaying but looking back at it, they identified areas they needed to improve, they spent money and both of those signings turned Liverpool from "top4" to league contenders. We definitely need a CB because as far as I'm concerned Smalling and Jones should be playing for a mid table team at best and while Lindelöf has potential and has started to deliver, and Bailly could still turn good, the reality is we need that quality defender to step in and be good NOW. I would have preferred De Ligt personally, but seems club was always more keen on Maguire. Price is indeed high but thats how it goes when you're trying to buy from within the league. I mean look at Crystal Palace wanting 80m for Zaha from Arsenal - it's a joke but on the other hand they're not in the need of selling and they know some team might be desperate to meet that valuation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Heh, seems Leicester have rejected the second bid >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Heh, seems Leicester have rejected the second bid >_<
    Meanwhile De ligt goes to Juventus for $75million

BaLaNcEd

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

BaLaNcEd
    Hah. You and Zantera are right though, United should just pay whatever the fuck Leicester want for him. Simply can't have another season of Jones and Smalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Hah. You and Zantera are right though, United should just pay whatever the fuck Leicester want for him. Simply can't have another season of Jones and Smalling.
    Yeah plus his strengths in the air complement lindelof well who is good technically but a bit weak in the air and gets pushed around a bit.

Get the slab head in and have a no fly zone in the box

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

BaLaNcEd
    Maguire is English which automatically adds +20M on his price tag in England.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is setting up the Fantasy football league? I need to continue my mediocrity for another year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kieran Trippier to Madrid for £20m?

Seems a bit low for an English player. I don't rate him much, besides his set pieces anyway, but at the same time an Englishman under contract till 2022 normally goes for more.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new Huddersfield kit is a genius wind up.

I hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Maguire is English which automatically adds +20M on his price tag in England.
    The English premium would push his 70-75 million estimation to the 90 mil mark Leicester are asking for.

United will likely meet the deadline, even if it means some Glazer kid doesn't buy a new lear jet that month.

Also I'm not sure if that Huddersfield kit is trying to be a Thunderbird, a Miss World contestant or a bunch of girls on a hen do. Looks fucking dreadful though.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Even with the bids being rejected it feels like maguire to utd will happen and when it does Lukaku will be off to Inter Milan quickly after.

Leicester are just playing hard ball over price and getting the absolute cream of the deal and Brendon Rodgers promising maguire the world if he stays

The new Huddersfield kit is a genius wind up.

I hope.
    It is: https://twitter.com/paddypower/statu...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Yeah, interesting they could still get done as the rules also apply to friendlies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maguire isn't worth 70m, let alone 90m. Compare that to de Ligt for example. Maguire is very average.