Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    not suprised united havent been playing donny, in the games ive watched him in he sucked. complete non entity, perfect spurs player.
    Weirdest transfer ever.

Pure panic buy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Donny was a panic buy. He doesn't really stand out in any way or bring anything "special" to the table, if that makes any sense. I wonder how long he'll stay at United.

Milan jersey

Puma, the world's leading sports brand, today unveiled the home jerseys of AC Milan's men's, women's and youth football teams for the 2021-22 season. For the first time in Serie A history, the new shirt will be worn by a women's team at the end of the season when AC Milan play Sassuolo in the penultimate round. AC Milan's New Jersey will be shown for the first time on May 17 against Cagliari.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking forward to the new season of football

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Yeah, Donny was a panic buy. He doesn't really stand out in any way or bring anything "special" to the table, if that makes any sense. I wonder how long he'll stay at United.
    Well he hasn't been played in his favoured position, has he? If I remember correctly he thrives better at the number 10 spot, free to roam the spaces, but I have only seen him being played in a double pivot. Most likely he hasn't been performing well with the chances he has received, but he has shown to be an effective player when used right.

Donnys a talented player in the right set up im sure but hes struggled with fitness and when started has always needed to be subbed off.

And ole wants super fit players for his style

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post
    Well he hasn't been played in his favoured position, has he? If I remember correctly he thrives better at the number 10 spot, free to roam the spaces, but I have only seen him being played in a double pivot. Most likely he hasn't been performing well with the chances he has received, but he has shown to be an effective player when used right.
    That makes sense, but then I wonder why he was bought in the first place.

I'll be attending one Euro 2021 match, btw. Got vaccinated and it's good, because now I see it's mandatory for this "last 16" match. No negative tests allowed, just vaccination proof. 15,000 people allowed so far, but we might see more

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    That makes sense, but then I wonder why he was bought in the first place.
    I don't think Ole got any player that he asked for at the end of last season. We don't seem to be very good at buying players tbh.

Even cavani was just a ' shit we've wasted two months pissing around with Sancho we need a big name' buy imo.

I'd like to see Donny get a few games, along with others, just to see how he goes, tuanzebe looks good, I like baillee but injury prone, amad looks a little small but good and I can't remember the other young lad last night but he looks like he could be brilliant in a couple of years. All of the above need to be his fa and League cup team next year or loaned
    Last edited by molliewoof; 2021-05-12 at 05:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Donny was a buy we did purely because Edwin organised it for us and Woodward was like "well fuck, sure"
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fred needs binning. Another year of ole, sucks.

Who is your Premier League Team of the Season and player of the year?

Mine (Changed it about 5 times):-

GK - Mendy

RB - Coufal
    CH - Dias
    CH - Stones
    LB - Shaw

M -Foden
    M- Fernandes
    M- Mount
    M- Son
    M- De Bruyne

F- Kane

Player of the Season Kane - Could be most goals and most assists (never happened before)

GK - Martinez

RB - Coufal
    CH - Dunk (kept Brighton up tbh, hes their best player every season)
    CH - Dias
    LB - Shaw

M - Dallas (best leeds player)
    M- Fernandes
    M- Son
    M- Salah
    M- Gundogan

F- Kane

Player of the Season - kane
    young player of the season - foden
    signing of the season - cavani
    manager of the season - Moyes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Fred needs binning. Another year of ole, sucks.
    If Ole actually gets to buy the players he wants, Fred can gladly sod off.

Ideally this summer Fred, Jones, Dalot, Matic, Mata, Peirera and Martial are put on the sale list, provided we sign at least one new center mid, right winger and striker.

On top of that cash in on Lingard, let Romero go and decide who you're keeping out of Henderson and De Gea and sell the other.

There's easily £100 mil+ there to add onto whatever money the parasites left the club for transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    If Ole actually gets to buy the players he wants, Fred can gladly sod off.

Ideally this summer Fred, Jones, Dalot, Matic, Mata, Peirera and Martial are put on the sale list, provided we sign at least one new center mid, right winger and striker.

On top of that cash in on Lingard, let Romero go and decide who you're keeping out of Henderson and De Gea and sell the other.

There's easily £100 mil+ there to add onto whatever money the parasites left the club for transfers.
    Won't sign a striker imo, that's why he kept cavani, save that outlay until next year and free up money for holes we have in the team.

I honestly think two players to replace Fred and mctminay or at least let us play them in their correct position is what we need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post
    Won't sign a striker imo, that's why he kept cavani, save that outlay until next year and free up money for holes we have in the team.

I honestly think two players to replace Fred and mctminay or at least let us play them in their correct position is what we need.
    McTominay is fine when you pair him with anything other than a lead weight.

If they sell Martial they still need to bring a striker in regardless, the best United teams have always had four strikers on rotation. Cavani isn't going to be a 30+ games a season man, Rashford is better off the wing and Greenwood isn't ready to be the main man up front.

Personally I'd stop playing two CDMs, but it seems Ole likes that system, allowing his wingbacks to push up, this may be because of the lack of a natural right winger and if they do sign Sancho this may change. The issue is if they do sign Jaden Sancho with the current system, is that he'll take up the right side of a front 3, which leaves Rashford and Pogba to figure out who's on the left, because Rashford isn't your up front striker in the way Cavani is, or a Kane/Haaland would be, or how Greenwood is going to develop to be. Frankly benching Pogba or Rashford while the likes of Fred and McTominay both get in the starting 11 is a waste of potential.

Fernandes is undroppable in the position behind the front three, so your only solution now is to either drop a CDM and swap to a midfield diamond of CDM with Pogba/Sancho taking up the left and right with two strikers up top, giving Rashford a chance to come in off either wing to support a main striker, how that works with wingbacks already coming up is questionable, and it'll get clogged on some of the more narrow pitches.

Difficulty here is neither Fred or McTominay have the skill to play a single #6, ideally you want someone of Grealish' calibre, who also comes with the added benefit of being able to play just about anywhere in the midfield. Fortunately United already might have that in DVB, who just hasn't settled yet but could with a full preseason and a solid position. I think playing him in as the CDM in a midfield diamond allows for the others to go forward, and he can anchor himself in the same way Carrick and Hargreaves use to do.

Ideally, I'd love to see United sign 3 players this summer, four if we want to go into centre backs. Ideally I'd love Bailly to stop being an injury case and pair him with Maguire but as is he isn't consistent, meanwhile Lindelof and Maguire both play the same role and need a pacier partner to go with them, which I'd have Lindelof as the backup in that scenario.

It's not going to happen (not in its entirety anyway) but if United targetted Sancho, Kane, Grealish and Varane you've a team that won't just win the league, but will be aiming to win everything domestic and European.

You'd have an 11 that looks like this: Henderson* Maguire/Varane/Shaw/Wan-Bissaka, Grealish/Pogba/Sancho/Fernandes, Rashford/Kane. Squad depth gives you the options of Grant, Lindelof/Bailly/Telles/Williams, VDB/McTominay/Amad/James and Cavani/Greenwood. The midfield depth is the weak spot but the development of youth such as Pellistri, Galbraith, Hannibal and Traoré means there's a long term future, same with Elanga and Shoretire up front.

*I'd sell De Gea out of the two of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so fed up of 2 holding midfieleders quite frankly. Sick to death of his style of play. I just think he's been incredibly lucky.

I don't think Solsjkaer is a bad manager at all. Is he some cult of personality type manager like Klopp/Mourinho/Guardiola? No. He's like Zidane. Just gets on with it. If United recruit wisely this summer - I'm thinking a proper holding midfielder (allows Pogba and Fernandes to dovetail), Sancho and another centre back - then they're pretty set. I would start grooming Greenwood as a proper striker, and a forward line of Sancho/Greenwood/Rashford with Fernandes/Pogba behind would be fascinating. They're not that far off from being an excellent side.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I am so fed up of 2 holding midfieleders quite frankly. Sick to death of his style of play. I just think he's been incredibly lucky.
    dont worry you'll get to watch england play 4 holding midfielders soon. The weakest link in the england squad is southgate.

dont worry you'll get to watch england play 4 holding midfielders soon. The weakest link in the england squad is southgate.
    And four defensive defenders on top. Imagine having probably the best attacking talent in decades and still pissing it all away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another talented pool wasted by a manager. Cappello wanna be.