15+ Year Old Account
    Fuck I should have bet on Newcastle too, I don't usually bet but now it's time to at least make some money on United's shitness

Serious question, does anyone who have seen the last few MU games believe we're playing any better than in the last weeks of Mourinho? He did bring a toxicity that Ole doesn't bring but in terms of the actual tactics and the football we play it feels so sad that we're 1 year into the future and nothing has improved at all. Sure Ole had his hands tied behind his back by Woodward not backing him enough, but even with our sub-par squad there's no excuses to be humiliated by teams like Newcastle and West Ham.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Serious question, does anyone who have seen the last few MU games believe we're playing any better than in the last weeks of Mourinho? He did bring a toxicity that Ole doesn't bring but in terms of the actual tactics and the football we play it feels so sad that we're 1 year into the future and nothing has improved at all. Sure Ole had his hands tied behind his back by Woodward not backing him enough, but even with our sub-par squad there's no excuses to be humiliated by teams like Newcastle and West Ham.
    every manager you've ever had in my lifetime has been humiliated by 'teams like Newcastle' actually

15+ Year Old Account
    What I don't get is how United played so well once Mourinho went and Ole came in (for some games at least) before it went back to being shit. After seeing that I really do wonder how much Ole is at fault tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    What I don't get is how United played so well once Mourinho went and Ole came in (for some games at least) before it went back to being shit. After seeing that I really do wonder how much Ole is at fault tbh.
    Kinda feels a bit like with time he became more cowardly with his tactics because he thought going too much attack would ruin things. We're now on manager 4 since SAF and none of the options have really worked. Looking at Chelsea's game today, now that's how we should play. Attacking-focused with young player flourishing. Just feels like there's no positives at the moment. We used to go into games being confident about 3 points but that doesn't happen anymore.

If games against teams like Newcastle, West Ham or Crystal Palace are 0 point games then we should buckle up because if we can't beat teams like that then we're definitely not gonna finish in the top half.

Just awaiting the Ole interview after the game and the obligatory "we created some good chances we just need to put them away next game" and "i know these lads and they work very hard in training".
    Last edited by Zantera; 2019-10-06 at 06:02 PM.

He does the same thing every game. You can guess the line up as a fan. I'm sure other teams have him worked out. Why give utd space when you can just sit deep and they could be there all day and not score.

Also fellaini and lukaku would help in those situations and he sold them

"Harry Maguire has touched the ball in the Newcastle box four times - that's more than any other Man Utd player."

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners

- - - Updated - - -

United have Liverpool next; into the relegation zone!

Gonna be an unbearable match for United fans.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post

- - - Updated - - -

United have Liverpool next; into the relegation zone!

Gonna be an unbearable match for United fans.
    That was also the last time utd won away was vs PSG back in march.

Oles on a cocktail of bourbon and vodka at the wheel

I've been a Crystal Palace fan for decades, and rarely talk about it because it's Palace...

...but 8 games into the season they're tied for 4th in the league. What is going on?!? That win over the weekend was....well, something I would not have expected to win in years past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Oles on a cocktail of bourbon and vodka at the wheel
    Best part of it all is that rather than talking about the game he's trying to make it look like they're better off without Lukaku.

He's gonna chat shit about him after every lost game.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just as he did in Cardiff, Ole's now becoming more and more careful with his tactics the tougher it gets. He really should dare to play more risky football so the fans would at least feel they are trying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Come on Belgium, 10-0 should have been easily doable

Belgium was the first to qualify to EURO 2020. They will probably win 10 out of 10 matches.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yay go us To be fair our group wasn't exactly tough. But yay, see you lot at Euro 2020!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay go us To be fair our group wasn't exactly tough. But yay, see you lot at Euro 2020!
    How in the shit have you guys played 7 games already and we are still only on 4?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    How in the shit have you guys played 7 games already and we are still only on 4?
    Portugal, Netherlands, England and Switzerland had the Nations League Finals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Portugal, Netherlands, England and Switzerland had the Nations League Finals.
    Ah, forgot about that. Makes sense.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Usually i hate international breaks more than anything but on the positive we can't lose this weekend because we're not playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Usually i hate international breaks more than anything but on the positive we can't lose this weekend because we're not playing.
    Some of our players are, and that could add to the injury list. Mason Greenwood only had to train to add to it.