Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    You've been a Man United fan for about 3 years? You pipe up when you go 2nd, half way through the season after you've been playing turgid for the last few months? Have some shame man.

I said Havertz was going to be a flop the moment we were linked to him. He's the definition of luxury player. He's young and can reinvent himself, but I doubt it. Werner is world class, he's just going through a bad patch.
    Joint top actually. But it's still too early to get giddy. It's past Xmas but we're still not 24 games in yet. See what the table looks like then. It's just funny how everyone is ole out when he's doing the best job post fergie and gets called a PE teacher. Meanwhile lampard spends 250 million and is barely beating arsenal

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    Yet another dodgy penalty, does Ole get credit for that? And wtf was Pogba doing telling Shaw he should be diving, is there any integrity left at Man Utd?
    Penalties count so you can take the piss all you want but players like rashford, martial, Dan James. There's a reason they get fouled a lot and it's called pace

- - - Updated - - -

Ziyech had how long off? And gets thrown in vs City? Guess he's just "lazy" kek

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Joint top actually. But it's still too early to get giddy. It's past Xmas but we're still not 24 games in yet. See what the table looks like then. It's just funny how everyone is ole out when he's doing the best job post fergie and gets called a PE teacher. Meanwhile lampard spends 250 million and is barely beating arsenal

- - - Updated - - -

Penalties count so you can take the piss all you want but players like rashford, martial, Dan James. There's a reason they get fouled a lot and it's called pace

- - - Updated - - -

Ziyech had how long off? And gets thrown in vs City? Guess he's just "lazy" kek
    Nope Second, you know how the premier league works right?

- - - Updated - - -

And again not sure if youre watching the games that penalty came about after Pogba told Shaw he should be diving for penalties and a few minutes later showed him how it was done. If only spurs had players with pace maybe we'd get 30 penalties a year...well thers son and Berjwin and Moura, why doesnt it work for us? These appologists for the penalty decisions Utd get and saying, "oh its our play style" "Its because of the type of player" is such Bullshit, you guys are being given stuff other clubs are not only a kool aid drinking Man Utd supporter couldn't see that?

- - - Updated - - -

And again not sure if youre watching the games that penalty came about after Pogba told Shaw he should be diving for penalties and a few minutes later showed him how it was done. If only spurs had players with pace maybe we'd get 30 penalties a year...well thers son and Berjwin and Moura, why doesnt it work for us? These appologists for the penalty decisions Utd get and saying, "oh its our play style" "Its because of the type of player" is such Bullshit, you guys are being given stuff other clubs are not only a kool aid drinking Man Utd supporter couldn't see that?
    funny you mention cool aid while suggesting the entire empiring and officials AND VAR are corrupt and want to see man utd win the league because they are reds or they have money on it, and only a fool would bet on utd winning so i think you should stop drinking that cool aid and ease up a little.

This idea that only a few teams dive is silly anyway, top level players will do anything to win. I'll take the suarez's and douglas costa's of the world anyday if it means getting 3 points or a cup.

You've been a Man United fan for about 3 years? You pipe up when you go 2nd, half way through the season after you've been playing turgid for the last few months? Have some shame man.

I said Havertz was going to be a flop the moment we were linked to him. He's the definition of luxury player. He's young and can reinvent himself, but I doubt it. Werner is world class, he's just going through a bad patch.
    werner is fucking shit. absolute bottle job. has something wrong with him where he consistently makes the wrong decision. he has a clear shot on, he passes to no one, he has a clear pass on, he bottles it over. He has no footballing brain. He reminds me of bamford but luckily for bamford, leeds make 30 chances a game for him so he eventually after 6 misses puts one in. Chelsea dont play like that so werner needs to get his mind in order but i dont think you can train that, you have it or you dont and he doesnt, it might have done him well in the farmers league but in a pro league hes 2nd rate.

chelsea also have a pe teacher for a manager which doesnt help.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    funny you mention cool aid while suggesting the entire empiring and officials AND VAR are corrupt and want to see man utd win the league because they are reds or they have money on it, and only a fool would bet on utd winning so i think you should stop drinking that cool aid and ease up a little.

This idea that only a few teams dive is silly anyway, top level players will do anything to win. I'll take the suarez's and douglas costa's of the world anyday if it means getting 3 points or a cup.
    Erm ok Did I suggest any of the things you're suggesting I suggested?

Using whataboutery and the fact you will take anything to win makes my point and ends the conversation as a discussion I guess. Its no wonder the real Man Utd fans here dont embrace you as one of their own.

Erm ok Did I suggest any of the things you're suggesting I suggested?

Using whataboutery and the fact you will take anything to win makes my point and ends the conversation as a discussion I guess. Its no wonder the real Man Utd fans here dont embrace you as one of their own.
    Embrace me as thier own? What the fuck are you on about

15+ Year Old Account
    Man this banter is shit can we up the game a little please

Leicester have had 4 more penalties awarded to them this season than United if these stats on random site are correct. Yet all people talk about is United and penalties. Booooring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Man this banter is shit can we up the game a little please

Leicester have had 4 more penalties awarded to them this season than United if these stats on random site are correct. Yet all people talk about is United and penalties. Booooring.
    Ye it's always so fun to watch how fans of all other teams go nuts on forums as soon as United do well for abit (I'm sure we will back to poor form soon again). Clearly it's because of VAR only even tho the only VAR decisions i can think of that was actually wrong was the penalty against Aston VIlla last season and Maguire when he literally climbed on top of an opponent (can't remember who it was against), but nothing got called. But it seems no other teams have got any wrong calls against them.... Only United....

And like you said apparently it's ok for Leicester to get more penalties then United. It's just that fans of other teams just can't stand it when United do well.

So much fun watching interviews from Klopp and Mourinho too. They dropped points and both bring up United right after. Mourinho about penalties and Klopp about VAR. Didn't hear Klopp say a single thing last season when they got alot of dodgy offside calls. Obviously that was ok then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the fact we're living rent free in the ABU's heads and other managers seem to care more about us than their own performances, kinda plays counter to the whole "United aren't a big club anymore" bollocks people like to spew.

Let them rage, meanwhile we've two cup games and a league game against Burnley to focus on before taking on Liverpool at Anfield, coming out of that with 4/4 wins would be a great way to kick off the year. More faith in that than I have in Woodward making important signings this window anyway.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only managed to catch the 2nd half of tonight's League Cup game but United were poor in that half at least, any insight on the first half would be nice. Either way I'd hoped United would play better, this is the 4th semi final under Ole they've lost, and City weren't able to field their best squad due to covid etc etc. While it's "only the league cup", any bit of silverware would be nice tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only managed to catch the 2nd half of tonight's League Cup game but United were poor in that half at least, any insight on the first half would be nice. Either way I'd hoped United would play better, this is the 4th semi final under Ole they've lost, and City weren't able to field their best squad due to covid etc etc. While it's "only the league cup", any bit of silverware would be nice tbh.
    Wasn't the worst we've been, City were just better. Shame it actually came down to poor defending from set pieces in the end, as has often been the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first half was actually very good from both teams. Was a very enjoyable game to watch even tho neither side scored from multiple chances. Sadly City took over more and more in the second half and won fairly.

Like Jessicka said, it's just to bad that United har so bad at set pieces. Both offensively and defensively.

good to see havertz and werner find thier level today

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    good to see havertz and werner find thier level today
    Literally Zaha FC.

Literally Zaha FC.
    benteke is due a hatrick m8

10+ Year Old Account
    Blades finally win after loads of close losses. Scraped the win in the end against Newcastle but the great escape is on again. Did it once in 1990/91 can do it again. I kid can't see us picking up any points from the next 3.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    benteke is due a hatrick m8
    Can he get it tonight so I can watch AFTV in bed?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Wasn't the worst we've been, City were just better. Shame it actually came down to poor defending from set pieces in the end, as has often been the problem.
    If Utd dont beat Liverpool today, I reckon city top of the league by the end of the month, and they might well stay there.

Brain says Liverpool will win, gut feeling says its a boring draw. Let's see.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Brain says Liverpool will win, gut feeling says its a boring draw. Let's see.
    Let me say it for you.

You called it