Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    The teams at the bottom of the league are really struggling this year, hit harder due to smaller squads or what?
    that and injuries. also speaking for palace if covid gets into the squad most of our players like tomkins, ward, mccarthur are over 60 and woy will probably die as well.

Benteke gets paid 120,000 a week and scored like four goals in for us which currently given his time served means he gets four million quid a goal. its a fucking nightmare.

So Maradonna's doctor is being investigated for Manslaughter over Maradonna's death. I hope it's not a "Someone has to be blamed for the death." situation.

Stop the Count!

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    So Maradonna's doctor is being investigated for Manslaughter over Maradonna's death. I hope it's not a "Someone has to be blamed for the death." situation.
    he didnt prescribe enough cocaine to keep his heart ticking

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Considering Maradona's lifestyle and his morbidly obese phase, I wouldn't be surprised if they just want a scapegoat.

The investigation is complete and Man Utd have been awarded a penalty

I missed monday night fooseball boo

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I guess as well the smaller teams have suffered more financially with no fans. The teams with aired european games are just in a much stronger position.
    There's an article somewhere that goes into a bit of detail with smaller league 2 and 3 clubs that will basically fold because of no fans. They need the FA money to survive. There's currently a few teams that owe a few hundred thousand pounds, and have no realistic way of paying it (taxes and shit). A few clubs got lucky with sell on clauses which gave them a cash boost. Many clubs spent the money they had from last year on improvements to their club before this all happened. Need fans back asap or that break away league might just happen.

Well the Leipzig-United game should be really spicy. Fred shouldn't have been on the pitch for that long but it was better for the game that he didn't receive a red for the headbutt.

Ole gets good wins but without the consistency those wins will always feel empty, nothing to show for. And while United shouldn't be competing for silverware (maybe for a cup), I think better progress would be less "good" wins (PSG, Leipzig Chelsea etc) and more consistency. It's like when you're having an injury and then let it heal for a little bit and decide to go and perform, and you perform well but then you injure yourself to the same extent again, and on it goes.

Friendly reminder arsenal fired staff and a mascot so they could give aubamyang a new mega contract to try match ozils in the most over paid useless player award

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to feel like OGS's tactics are basically hustling and it's all intended.

I'm happy we're winning some games but not enjoying the football or the tactics so I don't feel I have much to add to any MU discussion at the moment.

Arsenal however is the gift that keeps on giving. Don't get me wrong, would prefer to see them back to being a decent side but AFTV also brings entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't stand football this season doesn't help we are playing badly and can't win a game for toffee.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Friendly reminder arsenal fired staff and a mascot so they could give aubamyang a new mega contract to try match ozils in the most over paid useless player award
    It seemed to me the 2 months of will he /wont he sign a contract was just a shop window asking for someone to come get him, and from what I remember not one club seemed interested. Pretty sure hed rather not be at Arsenal but noone else was interested at 20 million a year for a 31 year old. He had a couple good seasons but never looked as good as his stats made him appear imo. Arsenal def have some wage thieves apart from Ozil and Aubameyang, like Xhaka, Belerin Lacazette, Pepe, actually feel bad for them!

lol not really!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorged View Post
    I can't stand football this season doesn't help we are playing badly and can't win a game for toffee.
    1 point half way through December doesnt look great, sheff Utd definitely punched above their weight last season and they played some of the most attractive football, I think tactically they have been worked out though, and wierd to make a record signing and not play him when you cant get a goal. I think they'll get better and beat some good teams but its a long way back now. There other teams Id rather see go down

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I'm starting to feel like OGS's tactics are basically hustling and it's all intended.
    OGS is a bang average manager that looked good after a season his team were awarded 25 penalties in a season, pundits talking about them winning the prem but he cant keep relying on that kinda stuff, but then I see decisions made in Utds last 2 or 3 games I think he'll keep getting away with it. But with that game in hand they could be 2 points off the top of the league which seems unbelievable.
    Last edited by Marleycat; 2020-12-07 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    It seemed to me the 2 months of will he /wont he sign a contract was just a shop window asking for someone to come get him, and from what I remember not one club seemed interested. Pretty sure hed rather not be at Arsenal but noone else was interested at 20 million a year for a 31 year old. He had a couple good seasons but never looked as good as his stats made him appear imo. Arsenal def have some wage thieves apart from Ozil and Aubameyang, like Xhaka, Belerin Lacazette, Pepe, actually feel bad for them!

lol not really!

- - - Updated - - -

1 point half way through December doesnt look great, sheff Utd definitely punched above their weight last season and they played some of the most attractive football, I think tactically they have been worked out though, and wierd to make a record signing and not play him when you cant get a goal. I think they'll get better and beat some good teams but its a long way back now. There other teams Id rather see go down

- - - Updated - - -

OGS is a bang average manager that looked good after a season his team were awarded 25 penalties in a season, pundits talking about them winning the prem but he cant keep relying on that kinda stuff, but then I see decisions made in Utds last 2 or 3 games I think he'll keep getting away with it. But with that game in hand they could be 2 points off the top of the league which seems unbelievable.
    Speaking of Bellerin, Hes done 5 foul throw in's this season when no one else has done more than 1. What an absolute knob jockey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    I've not seen anyone talk about him winning the league, and I don't think many of those penalties were particularly contentious; they're just a factor of how we play, which is a good thing. When we play well, we play really well, it's just consistency and I don't think that comes down to the manager. If we didn't have 2 centrebacks who needed 2 midfielders to coddle them, that position would probably look less surprising - but Lindelof wasn't his signing and he's not had support in signings in that area at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I've not seen anyone talk about him winning the league, and I don't think many of those penalties were particularly contentious; they're just a factor of how we play, which is a good thing. When we play well, we play really well, it's just consistency and I don't think that comes down to the manager. If we didn't have 2 centrebacks who needed 2 midfielders to coddle them, that position would probably look less surprising - but Lindelof wasn't his signing and he's not had support in signings in that area at all.
    End of last season was a lot of talk of you guys winning the league on 505 podcast which is about the only thing I get to listen to in the USA I checked the BBC website and tbf only chris Waddle had them down to win. Out of 24 pundits not 1 put Spurs in the top 4! https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54081636

Utd have better players than their performances, but their entire defence is made up of overpriced 1 season wonders that all all worse than when they bought them (still good players though) that has to have something to do with the system or coaching. He may not have had the support in that area but he should have those players doing better, that is his job! You have spent a billion on players since Fergusson left and are getting outplayed by teams that have not spend that much money in their 150 year history. The point is you have better players than most other clubs in the league, so it really falls on coaches and managers to get the potential out of that squad.

Really dont have to look far for dodgy penalties given and not given, look at the WBA game, WBA should have had one and UTD gieven a dodgy handball one, which they missed and got retaken. Last game v west ham week the ball went about 5 yards out of play in the lead up to the equaliser. Game before that Fred not sent off for head butt, thats just the last 3 games. I think youre deluded if youre not seeing some favorable decisions going your way. Round here its a meme now. Georgia has held a recount and awarded a penalty to Man Utd etc. But my point on this was really that 3rd maybe flattered you last season.
    Last edited by Marleycat; 2020-12-08 at 06:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners

Time to bring this out again.

10+ Year Old Account
    United shitting the bed at half time, and the other group game suspended while both teams walk off the pitch after the 4th official reportedly abused one of the coaching staff of Basaksehir.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

7+ Year Old Account
    ^ That entire ordeal just goes to show how ignorant some people are. "Negru" is Romanian for "black" or "dark". Multiple languages have some variation of the term. Getting upset about it is idiotic.