Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    HFC was the worst raid ever to pug. Until Gorefiend it was fine, but then you had a bunch of non linear gimmick fights with bosses that all had like one awesome trinket for some role or other.
    I liked the skip quests in WoD and Legion for pugging purposes. It let me cherrypick Xhul for the tier shoulder warforge/socket chance every week. Granted I didn't join most of the groups because they weren't personal loot though. You'd spend like an hour or two trying to pug one boss, going through like 40 players, but eh, it was alright, I was willing to put up with it. That gear was going to last for a long time anyway. With BFA pugging, you just see raids outright dissolve since the gears less worthwhile and has the shorter shelflife
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-06-12 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I completely disagree. Nigthold is one of my favorite raids in the game. The grind imposed on players was kind of shitty but overall I loved nighthold. The build up to the raid with Insurrection, the tuning of the raid and the completion of the raid all felt extremely good. It had some of the most memorable fights to date as well, Star augur is one that’s brought up consistently when referring to a challenging but fun fight. Gul’dan was a great end boss and there were a lot of really good mid tier fights like Tich and spellblade. Only fight I really disliked was botanist.

Obviously this is subjective though and that’s not to say WoD raids were bad, they were great as well. The mythic only version of imperator was pretty hyped up at the time.
    The systems around raiding rather than the actual raid itself might make me feel like it was less fun, I guess. I was not a fan of Legion in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    I agree, I think it's just the WoD issue of there was fuck all to do other than raid, so it was raided to death, so people hated it. I absolutely understand that point of view.

But I was raiding on and off during WoD, I didn't do much BrF but I really enjoyed Highmaul and I loved HFC. It was fun and challenging and looked fuckin' awesome. And while I'm not a big fan of the AU bullshit, it was nice to see some familiar, villainous faces. Big up HFC.
    Yes, without the Raids, WoD was a total shitshow. But IMO the raiding in WoD was better than the raiding in Legion (I didn't do Antorus, though).

But overall, HFC will probably be the best raid that had the least amount of players raiding it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    i was on 'gun' duty so i actually had something to do back then, so from my perspective it wasn't as bad as loot pinata first boss in HFC.
    first boss in HFC on M actually took quite a few wipes.

Gunship in ICC was like barely any on H even in poop guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apart from the first boss being a bit... Meh, I think HFC was a really great raid instance in both monsters, looks(Perhaps a bit *too* feltainted) and tactics Not my top 5, but far from my worst 5 either!

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Nighthold is better than BrF, BrF is better than HFC
    Thats dumb. BRF is the literal pinnacle of WoW raiding. BRF is 10/10, HFC is 8.5/10, Highmaul is 8/10. Nighthold is like 7 or 7.5.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, I guess. if you want to appreciate mediocrity.