Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    combustion engines should be banned in general.
    As long as there is another viable option, sure.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zensunni View Post
    SUVs are critical for the rich white people though. They are pathetic and just want a mini-van to get groceries and drive their under-achieving, rude kids around, but they are also racist and classist and can't be seen in the same car as the Mexican lady that cleans their house, so they need a luxury SUV. That's all SUVs are - mini-vans for rich white people.
    Talk about generalizing LMAO.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah, it depends on where you are. In Massachusetts the roads were great where I lived. Here in Kansas though, they’re absolute shit. Potholes everywhere.
    The weather and poverty in the area seem to be the biggest factors. The central part of the country seems to be falling behing in many ways. I have driven from Texas to Illinois and it was pretty awful. The general state of disrepair, graffiti and unkempt looking areas.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    I have owned 2 hatch backs a v 8 5.0 musatng and a firebird, neither are holding a big dog and the Mustang got worse gas millage than most cars. Part of the reason I mention this is because there isn't a one size fit all car out there or a way to blanket label vehicle types and accurately describe them all. Automobile design, faults and features are about as expansive and unique as the billions of peiple that use them.
    Of course, which is why I questioned the user in the first place and said “there’s some big hatchbacks out there“. They didn’t mention a specific model. They just said a hatchback wouldn’t work. It can work. A sedan can work. Just depends on the model of car.
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Its not about size, its about engine. V8 sedan will pollute more than small SUV.

    Just tax per engine size, like its done in many countries already. That would discourage people from buying cars with huge polluting engines. Tax anything over 2 litres into oblivion, tax V6 and V8 so much that manufacturers would abandon those engines.
    keep your hands off my V8s..... Seriously if i ever bought a muscle car and they said they couldn't put a v8 in it.. i'd be like ok just sell me the car no engine and go to performance shop. I drive 3 V8's now and the best i get is 19mpg's in one of them.. i think.
    Member:BFA Alpha, Member since 2/7/2018

  5. #185
    The Unstoppable Force breadisfunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    flying the exodar...into the sun.
    Posts
    23,789
    Quote Originally Posted by P for Pancetta View Post
    You should go to the US and drive around a bit, their roads are absolute garbage and maintenance is extremely rare.
    what shitty state did you visit? wisconsin has great roads and a great road maintenance system.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    keep your hands off my V8s..... Seriously if i ever bought a muscle car and they said they couldn't put a v8 in it.. i'd be like ok just sell me the car no engine and go to performance shop. I drive 3 V8's now and the best i get is 19mpg's in one of them.. i think.
    with the push the to make stuff more earth friendly. v8's days may be numbered.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Getting my dogs to the vet would be nearly impossible without my SUV.

    And in case you missed it from the dozens of other posts, SUVs aren't the problem. Combustion engines in general are a problem. You'd accomplish almost nothing environmentally speaking banning just SUVs, outside of creating a shitload of new refuse for your landfills when everyone ditches their new SUVs for sedans.
    Burning fossil stuff is it's own problem with many things in modern human times.

    No, SUVs are just too fucking BIG! They easily occupy standard parking lots here whole, meaning the calculated space for door opening is cut in half - for the SUV drivers and everyone that has the misfortune to be next to them. I've also just today had to stop 4(!) times on a ~800m long road because fucking SUVs didn't manage to get far enough onto the sidewalk when parking thanks to the trees there and I had oncoming traffic, thus yield. I had passed every damn other parked car just fine. Get a fucking station wagon. There. Problem with dogs solved. They even sell fitted fences to mount between the trunk and passenger cabin.

    Edit: Oops, that wasn't you with the dogs, but someone else after you. Alas, if you HAD dogs, it still applied =)
    Last edited by Medium9; 2019-06-04 at 06:16 PM.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Zensunni View Post
    SUVs are critical for the rich white people though. They are pathetic and just want a mini-van to get groceries and drive their under-achieving, rude kids around, but they are also racist and classist and can't be seen in the same car as the Mexican lady that cleans their house, so they need a luxury SUV. That's all SUVs are - mini-vans for rich white people.
    Aren't YOU racist. Just wow.

  8. #188
    I think I routinely get about 13mpg out of my car driving around town. Might get up to 18 on the freeway. Good thing work is only 6 miles from home.

  9. #189
    and here we have another example of why not everyone should be allowed to use social media.

  10. #190
    Over 9000! Mistame's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Over Yonder
    Posts
    9,686
    Further demonstrating the diminishing quality of posters on this forum.

  11. #191
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    11,997
    SUV and pickup truck drivers should be banned. Drivers from China and India should go through more rigorous testing in North America, because it's clear that they don't know how to fucking drive.

    See, I can make up stupid shit too (although at least one of those points is actually true).

    Congrats to the 11 fools who made the ignore list, your ignorance knows no bounds, bravo!

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    They are bigger than regular cars without being able to go offroad better than a regular car. The only good thing about them is that they are spacious, but so are hatchbacks.
    I don't think they should be banned however, I think they should have higher insurance (just they sports cars do).

    SUVs/and big ass trucks have become the status symbols that sports cars were in the 80s. See so many SUVs that clearly have never seen a pot hole let alone off road, and so many monster size trucks that have never had anything put in the back.

    Own a big truck/SUV w/out it being used for its intended purpose ... probably have a small dick.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    They are bigger than regular cars without being able to go offroad better than a regular car. The only good thing about them is that they are spacious, but so are hatchbacks.
    why not just ban all automobiles because they pollute too much. unless you have a large family, you wouldn't even need a car anyway. most people would do just fine with a bicycle and public transport. </sarcasm>


    you already pay more due to increased gas usage, aka, gas tax.

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Why do some people feel the need to tell other people what they should or shouldn't like?

    Some of you want to tell others how to eat their food (like steaks).
    Some of you want to tell people what physical traits they should and shouldn't be allowed to be attracted to in a partner.
    Some of you want to tell others what size car they actually need.

    Just live your lives and let others live theirs. What vehicle someone chooses to drive is not any of your business.
    If only ... <sigh>
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

  15. #195
    No. That's a terrible idea.

    Cars should be banned. Seriously, driving fucking sucks.
    MMO-Champion Off-Topic's voice of reason.
    If you're mad at me, rest assured it's only because I'm smarter than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    No. That's a terrible idea.

    Cars should be banned. Seriously, driving fucking sucks.
    Nah, it shouldn't be banned.

    I happen to like driving and the freedom of movement driving allows me. If you don't want to drive, by all means, don't. But you have no right to rob others of their freedom and choices just because you don't like something.
    No ideology has been more murderous or detrimental to human dignity than Communism
    Quote Originally Posted by kidkilla View Post
    The Ottomans brought civilization to Greece.
    Oh my...

  17. #197
    I'm not in favour of bannign them.
    But in favour of high fines for blocking roads due to incompetence at the wheel coupled with their ridiculous size.
    They should also always be ruled to be at fault when they injure a small child because the driver was too small to reach the windows to see where they are going.*

    *Because somehow it is always hordes of tiny women driving huge cars their husband got for them to get a single child each from primary school.

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    They are bigger than regular cars without being able to go offroad better than a regular car. The only good thing about them is that they are spacious, but so are hatchbacks.
    but they are more comfortable to drive .

    thats why people buy them .

  19. #199
    I don't understand trolls like this.

    What are you getting out of it? Is your life that empty that it genuinely keeps you entertained?

  20. #200
    Banned Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    27,515
    I disagree, I think they should ban cars that pollute. Not just based on type or anything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •