Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    So I should be forced to get a pickup truck to haul my trailer instead of our SUV? Please explain how that is any better?
    a
    Redneck pool.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    I just got a SUV, one of the mid range ones even. I never want to enter a fucking sedan ever, fucking midget cars, burn in hell.
    To be honest, most SUV´s are exactly the same size as a proper sedan, and smaller than states.

They are just high and a big bigger from outside.

They tend to roll when you drive fast...

Meh, I go with a state anytime, way more space and a proper drive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Are you the new Finnish Nerd? All of your threads are complete and utter nonsense.
    no cause finnish nerd's thread are way worse than this. they are like 0/10 type threads. hell even hubcap posts better shit than he does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    dude, 166cm isnt avarage (atleast not in the west), its below. if he/she is strugling with leg space in a bus, then its 100% the manufacturers fault
    was under the impression that Avskildhet was over 6'0" were i'm from that's above average.

- - - Updated - - -

So I should be forced to get a pickup truck to haul my trailer instead of our SUV? Please explain how that is any better?
    a
    cause the suv interior isn't technically designed to store heavy objects for extended periods of time like say a pickup.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by P for Pancetta View Post
    You should go to the US and drive around a bit, their roads are absolute garbage and maintenance is extremely rare.
    Like many things in the US, that varies wildly depending on what state you're in.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    They are bigger than regular cars without being able to go offroad better than a regular car. The only good thing about them is that they are spacious, but so are hatchbacks.
    SUV can fit more people than a hatchback...therefore better for carpooling
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I feel like you aren't reading what I wrote.

I said the most 1 person can do is go vegan. 1 person going vegan does more for the environment than that same 1 person driving an electric car and recycling.
    No, because if one person goes vegan literally nothing changes. If the issue is meat production, unless that person owns a slaughterhouse and decides to shut it down, it has literally 0 impact on anything other than their diet, at which point the only logical thing would be farts. Abstaining from meat only has effect as a collective, not an individual. Therefore by recycling 1 bottle, I will have a bigger impact than by going vegan for the rest of my life. That is unless my farts do more harm to the environment than recycling does good.

Quote Originally Posted by lakylog View Post
    No, because if one person goes vegan literally nothing changes. If the issue is meat production, unless that person owns a slaughterhouse and decides to shut it down, it has literally 0 impact on anything other than their diet, at which point the only logical thing would be farts. Abstaining from meat only has effect as a collective, not an individual. Therefore by recycling 1 bottle, I will have a bigger impact than by going vegan for the rest of my life. That is unless my farts do more harm to the environment than recycling does good.
    You really don't know the first thing about any of this.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

You really don't know the first thing about any of this.
    Maybe not, but I'm willing to listen enough to learn. How will me not eating meat help the environment more than if I were to recycle?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    Cars are a luxury.

A time saver like the washing machine was to the women's rights movement in the 50-60's.

Electric cars will revolutionize the world like the combustion engine did, size does not necessarily matter, except that your personal foot mark on the environment will be larger, since you are consuming more energy.

The smaller...the better.
    The tiniest of cars:

They don't get much smaller than that!

Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    Cars are a luxury.

A time saver like the washing machine was to the women's rights movement in the 50-60's.

Electric cars will revolutionize the world like the combustion engine did, size does not necessarily matter, except that your personal foot mark on the environment will be larger, since you are consuming more energy.

The smaller...the better.
    I gotta disagree. I'm 194cm and built big, so tiny soda-can cars are just miserable for me. I need a little more space than the average 5'9 or 5'10 guy.

Also, in the western US and western Canada, cars are a necessity, not a luxury. If I don't have a car, and live in a rural area, I'm stuck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Funny how my Ford Escape is a SUV with 4WD and I've taken it off-road plenty of times. It also gets about 25-27 MPG city driving which is pretty on par with your typical car.

Maybe not, but I'm willing to listen enough to learn. How will me not eating meat help the environment more than if I were to recycle?
    Stop lying. I presented you with information that you didn’t fucking read. So don’t turn around and paint yourself as some open minded person who just wants to learn.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

15+ Year Old Account
    Does it include compact SUV's? i got an Mazda CX-3 2019

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    The tiniest of cars:

They don't get much smaller than that!
    Oh god.

That think looks like it would have a rough time in a stiff crosswind lol.

I have always had a soft spot for Japanese Kei cars. Even the older ones can get 45+mpg(20+km/l). They tend to be 660cc engines which I think is a standard for the class. Would be nice to have something a bit bigger but you do not need something so powerful in such a tiny car.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_Cappuccino woo!

A lot of them are also body on frame, which means they are easily modified. I just find it a bit surprising they have not got even an inkling of a foothold elsewhere other than Japan.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    They are bigger than regular cars without being able to go offroad better than a regular car. The only good thing about them is that they are spacious, but so are hatchbacks.
    Still waiting for even a single reason they should be banned.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Oh god.

That think looks like it would have a rough time in a stiff crosswind lol.

I have always had a soft spot for Japanese Kei cars. Even the older ones can get 45+mpg(20+km/l). They tend to be 660cc engines which I think is a standard for the class. Would be nice to have something a bit bigger but you do not need something so powerful in such a tiny car.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_Cappuccino woo!

A lot of them are also body on frame, which means they are easily modified. I just find it a bit surprising they have not got even an inkling of a foothold elsewhere other than Japan.
    That's a nice looking car!

My ideal vehicle would probably be something similar to a Jeep Wrangler, with a roll cage, a sturdy bullbar, off-road compatible, a second seat, and room enough in the back for a single bed and camping supplies. Sadly most Jeeps have awful mileage, so my dream of having a vehicle I can swap between my normal city life and just living in the woods from time to time may remain a dream.

Stop lying. I presented you with information that you didn’t fucking read. So don’t turn around and paint yourself as some open minded person who just wants to learn.
    Your wikipedia link states negative effects on the environment from meat production caused by collective increases in meat consumption around the world. So what you're telling me is that I'm wrong and providing my words in the form of an external source to prove so. Good job advocating your cause, I'm sure a lot of people will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    semi trucks, though. that's what we need to focus on getting off the road at least in America.
    Semi-trucks should have their own lane that they have to stay in unless exiting a freeway. No passing unless there are 2 semi lanes.

Personally I wish there were no large (and tall) vehicles for normal everyday driving because they take up too much space parking and they are hard to see around when driving a normal car. On the road it can be a safety issue when a large vehicle collides with a smaller one. A large part of the problem where I live is that parking spaces are really small and there is a lot of street parking. I hate street parking, but I hate it even more when there is some large truck or SUV blocking my view of the road. So, I would ban street parking and regulate larger parking spaces (and more underground parking structures to compensate) before getting rid of SUVs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    id like to see ur honda civic be anywhere near as good offroad as my durango...
    If you're using a Durango to go off-road then I'd say you have a legitimate reason. The problem is when people drive these vehicles to commute to work on paved roads or buy groceries, and nothing that requires a SUV style vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I have a 2016 Dodge Challenger and a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee for utilities. I'm good, so no, I don't need some nanny-minded person telling me what I should be driving. Thanks.
    Probably the only two good Chrysler products ever made. Assuming your Jeep has a straight six.

a
    I don't see why you'd need a SUV to haul a trailer? Is this a work trailer because a pickup truck would make more sense. Otherwise an SUV does make sense. SUV's do have their utility but more often than not people use it because that's what they like to drive.

Your wikipedia link states negative effects on the environment from meat production caused by collective increases in meat consumption around the world. So what you're telling me is that I'm wrong and providing my words in the form of an external source to prove so. Good job advocating your cause, I'm sure a lot of people will follow.
    Not sure what is so difficult about this. I suspect you're making it difficult on purpose.