Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Not sure what is so difficult about this. I suspect you're making it difficult on purpose.
    Is your idea of proving a point just telling someone they're wrong without providing a point to begin with? I fell for your bait. You outsmarted me.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Its not about size, its about engine. V8 sedan will pollute more than small SUV.

Just tax per engine size, like its done in many countries already. That would discourage people from buying cars with huge polluting engines. Tax anything over 2 litres into oblivion, tax V6 and V8 so much that manufacturers would abandon those engines.
    I've got a better idea. How about we charge the morons who like trolling WoW by playing ugly gnomes 60 a month instead of 15? See how dumb that looks?

A 2 liter engine is pathetic. I already had to pay a lot for my supercharged V8, thank you. If I pass 10 vehicles maybe 1 is v8 and that's USA. V8s aren't hurting the planet, China and India are.

As for the OP, small vehicles suck. I need power to most quick and size to put stuff in. I'm faster than all small cars minus a Porsche maybe, I fit just fine in the lane and parking. What's the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by lakylog View Post
    Is your idea of proving a point just telling someone they're wrong without providing a point to begin with? I fell for your bait. You outsmarted me.
    You're not making a lick of fucking sense. Here's what happened:

- I claim the best thing a person can do for the environment is to go vegan.

- You made a stupid retort with no facts or common sense.

- I give you information on how the meat industry is more detrimental to the environment than just about any other industry.

- You don't read it but claim to be open minded and want to learn.

- I call bullshit.

- You finally read it, then can't make the connection between stopping eating meat and lessening the impact of the meat industry's destruction....yet somehow try to question my point yet again.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by P for Pancetta View Post
    You should go to the US and drive around a bit, their roads are absolute garbage and maintenance is extremely rare.
    Where? American here, I barrel down 70 mph roads at 85mph smooth as butter feels like I'm on a maglev.

I agree OP.

Ive also noticed SUV drivers are normally bad drivers that have 0 consideration for others on the road and constantly block intersection visibility with their over the top height compared to normal cars and they have to slowly go more and more forward over the fucking lines. Because they are shit driver/shit selfish people.

You're not making a lick of fucking sense. Here's what happened:

- I claim the best thing a person can do for the environment is to go vegan.

- You made a stupid retort with no facts or common sense.

- I give you information on how the meat industry is more detrimental to the environment than just about any other industry.

- You don't read it but claim to be open minded and want to learn.

- I call bullshit.

- You finally read it, then can't make the connection between stopping eating meat and lessening the impact of the meat industry's destruction....yet somehow try to question my point yet again.
    The confusion here is that you said the best thing 1 person can do is go vegan. Not a collective of people. You said that if I become vegan, I would do more good to the environment than if I were to recycle. Me as an individual. Not me as a part of a larger group of people doing the same as me. I said that was untrue, because if my local store sells 4 less packs of chicken each month, they're still gonna purchase the same amount of chicken, and the producer is still going to produce the same amount of chicken. Therefore me alone not buying chicken will have absolutely fuck all impact on the environment. If a lot of people stop buying meat in the same area, however, the demand goes down considerably enough for stores to buy less, and less is produced locally.

My argument all along was that individual vegans have no impact on the environment, but in higher concentrations would.

Before you tell me I'm wrong, how about you come with an actual counter-argument instead of going lalala? Or do you have some kind of deficiency that makes you unable to comprehend basic English?

10+ Year Old Account
    *drives an old mini cooper* every car scares me..
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    They are bigger than regular cars without being able to go offroad better than a regular car. The only good thing about them is that they are spacious, but so are hatchbacks.
    I daily Drive a 74 Suburban that is Lowered 6" in MN winter, and in the summer I drive my 55 Chevy 4 door. I will never give up my Burb In fact I am looking for another one. I love the Room and the fact that I can haul a 4X8 Sheet of Plywood and 6 people in it.

The confusion here is that you said the best thing 1 person can do is go vegan. Not a collective of people. You said that if I become vegan, I would do more good to the environment than if I were to recycle. Me as an individual. Not me as a part of a larger group of people doing the same as me. I said that was untrue, because if my local store sells 4 less packs of chicken each month, they're still gonna purchase the same amount of chicken, and the producer is still going to produce the same amount of chicken. Therefore me alone not buying chicken will have absolutely fuck all impact on the environment. If a lot of people stop buying meat in the same area, however, the demand goes down considerably enough for stores to buy less, and less is produced locally.

My argument all along was that individual vegans have no impact on the environment, but in higher concentrations would.

Before you tell me I'm wrong, how about you come with an actual counter-argument instead of going lalala? Or do you have some kind of deficiency that makes you unable to comprehend basic English?
    Yes and again there's no fucking reason for this to be so goddamned complicated.

1 person recycling and driving an electric car does less good than that 1 person going vegan.

The meat industry does more damage than the auto industry. 1 person making changes in either is small potatoes, but if you're going to make a change then make the one that affects the industry that does more damage.

Or you could try and explain how one person recycling does more good than that 1 person going vegan. Spoiler alert you can't, because it is not true.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Yes and again there's no fucking reason for this to be so goddamned complicated.

1 person recycling and driving an electric car does less good than that 1 person going vegan.

The meat industry does more damage than the auto industry. 1 person making changes in either is small potatoes, but if you're going to make a change then make the one that affects the industry that does more damage.

Or you could try and explain how one person recycling does more good than that 1 person going vegan. Spoiler alert you can't, because it is not true.
    I'm sorry, but as I said, if only 1 person were to go vegan they would have zero influence on the sale or production of meat. Do you think meat is produced on demand by the people who eat it? Hint: it's not. It's produced in excess and that which doesn't sell is tossed away. Therefore there is absolutely 100% truth in the fact that as an individual, recycling does a lot more for the environment than going vegan because veganism does nothing if it isn't a collective. You're arguing against my 1 person argument with your collective, you're not even talking to me at this point but to the voice in your head.

If I recycle paper, that will be re-used for newspapers or toilet paper or what the hell not. If I recycle a bottle, it'll be reused as something else. Again, those packs of chicken are not gonna stop being produced because I'm not eating them. I have no impact. People have an impact, not individuals, but it starts at the individual.

Please don't tax the fuel more...
    In Hungary, Diesel costs 1.47 dollars.
    Average Hungarian earns 827 dollars a month.

I drive a small SUV, 2 liter diesel engine Jeep Compass (2007 EU model with rally kit).

On the topic of Veganism: it's not a balanced diet, but I would totally eat lab meat if it was widespread already.
    Last edited by Raqubor; 2019-06-03 at 09:50 PM.

They've been kind of evolving into a nicer status station wagon for a while now. I have an SUV, but it's a Jeep, cause I do carry a lot of equipment, and I'm driving on seasonal roads a lot, so the capability is useful (lockers and all).

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    They've been kind of evolving into a nicer status station wagon for a while now. I have an SUV, but it's a Jeep, cause I do carry a lot of equipment, and I'm driving on seasonal roads a lot, so the capability is useful (lockers and all).
    If you need it for work that's fine. If you drive around alone in a huge SUV cause you're compensating... it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    If you need it for work that's fine. If you drive around alone in a huge SUV cause you're compensating... it's not.
    The worst offenders on that, far more so than SUV drivers, are the douchebros driving around in their giant, often lifted, pickup trucks. You know the type, thinks he's super alpha, tailgates everyone, and his pickup's never done a day's work.

Oh, and don't forget the truck nuts, can't forget that part of the douchebag-mobile's kit.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Its not about size, its about engine. V8 sedan will pollute more than small SUV.

Just tax per engine size, like its done in many countries already. That would discourage people from buying cars with huge polluting engines. Tax anything over 2 litres into oblivion, tax V6 and V8 so much that manufacturers would abandon those engines.
    Stay away from my V6 you heathen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RushRush View Post
    *drives an old mini cooper* every car scares me..
    My first car was a fiesta, i feel your pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    How am I them going to transport my family from a to b? We aren't gonna fit in a small car.

Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    How am I them going to transport my family from a to b? We aren't gonna fit in a small car.
    The same folks whining about SUVs are usually the same type to whine about anyone having kids out in public as well. You should drive a tiny, pop can car and keep your kids at home in cages until they're 18.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I agree OP.

Ive also noticed SUV drivers are normally bad drivers that have 0 consideration for others on the road and constantly block intersection visibility with their over the top height compared to normal cars and they have to slowly go more and more forward over the fucking lines. Because they are shit driver/shit selfish people.
    That's because driving an SUV instills a false sense of security, driving height + size, they will still collapse like a pretzel can when t-boned, hit straight on.
    Well most of the SUV's around here, the wannabe brands like dacia , nissan and those VW tiguan's.

The dacia duster is a nice example, coffin on wheels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    Station wagon? , i drive a tourer for work, and an old timer on my days off. you know the kind,
    the kind where the moment i turn the ignition key, somewhere in the world a hippie dies.

Just drive whatever, like another poster mentioned if we would cut back on meat consumption, it would have a more beneficial impact on the environment then switching to a dinkie toy windup car.

Dont even get me started on electric cars they are more detrimental to the environment then any modern diesel.

Open mining, nations depending on brown coal for energy supply etc...
    Last edited by Reinaerd; 2019-06-03 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    That's because driving an SUV instills a false sense of security, driving height + size, they will still collapse like a pretzel can when t-boned, hit straight on.
    Well most of the SUV's around here, the wannabe brands like dacia , nissan and those VW tiguan's.

The dacia duster is a nice example, coffin on wheels.

- - - Updated - - -

Station wagon? , i drive a tourer for work, and an old timer on my days off. you know the kind,
    the kind where the moment i turn the ignition key, somewhere in the world a hippie dies.
    you're not wrong.

Crashes here in my country and the road toll always make the news for some reason.

And its normally ALWAYS bigger cars crossing the lines thinking they popped an invulnerability potion to save 0.1sec on a corner

I'm sorry, but as I said, if only 1 person were to go vegan they would have zero influence on the sale or production of meat. Do you think meat is produced on demand by the people who eat it? Hint: it's not. It's produced in excess and that which doesn't sell is tossed away. Therefore there is absolutely 100% truth in the fact that as an individual, recycling does a lot more for the environment than going vegan because veganism does nothing if it isn't a collective. You're arguing against my 1 person argument with your collective, you're not even talking to me at this point but to the voice in your head.

If I recycle paper, that will be re-used for newspapers or toilet paper or what the hell not. If I recycle a bottle, it'll be reused as something else. Again, those packs of chicken are not gonna stop being produced because I'm not eating them. I have no impact. People have an impact, not individuals, but it starts at the individual.
    I'm sorry but you recycling your paper does nothing. Why do you think 1 person buying recyclables does more than one person not buying meat, dairy or eggs? Its fucking insane actually.