Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Hmf...OP hasn't responded beyond the initial post.

Still waiting for hydrogen cells:
    Hydrogen technology is a scam and we should focus on battery technology. Just saying. Also no Chevy's, they're awful cars err... SUV's. I forgot they aren't making cars anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    Around here in Belgium it's different, when you see a nice sportscar, or a gorgeous Mercedes / BMW with all the bells and whistles.
    99/100 times some geriatric fossil is behind the steering wheel.
    1/100 is a coke dealer.

Soccer moms / trophy wives drive porsche cayennes.
    Here in Jersey all I see are soccer moms driving Porsche Cayennes. Though I have to admit if there was an SUV to drive it would be those for the V8 engine. The SUV is ugly though.

Maybe I want a bunch of space. You can make an arguement that anything is indirectly harmful, that doesn't mean it needs to be banned. Stop trying to control other people's lives and leave big vehicle drivers alone.

People look at laws like a magic wand to shape the world to their liking, but what laws actually are is using the threat of violence (via police and military) to force people to do what you want. Learn to live with other people doing things you don't like.
    Last edited by EntertainmentNihilist; 2019-06-04 at 04:55 AM.

I think someone needs to go to the car dealership and test drive, this shit would be closed down...

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I'm 6' and have no problem comfortably fitting into literally every sedan with plenty of room to spare. I comfortably fit into my evo (which has recaro seats) and my s2000 alike. Your problem isn't car size, your problem is your fucking body size. Lose some weight and the problem fixes itself.
    Well, no bullshit please. The problem is not that I don't "fit", once I'm in, the problem is getting there. My Hyundai Tucson is 22cm higher than my old Audi A4. That allows me to just slide in like a pro, without crawling like a bitch. Not to mention putting my child in his seat or holy shit, removing the child seat and putting it back, which is like trying to catch rabbits in some rabbit hole.

Also my new car has a 30% better fuel efficiency, so this "SUV is bad" argument is completely retarded. It depends entirely on the type of the cars you compare.

Why do some people feel the need to tell other people what they should or shouldn't like?

Some of you want to tell others how to eat their food (like steaks).
    Some of you want to tell people what physical traits they should and shouldn't be allowed to be attracted to in a partner.
    Some of you want to tell others what size car they actually need.

Just live your lives and let others live theirs. What vehicle someone chooses to drive is not any of your business.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Well if you have the agility of an 80 year old, okay.
    Escuzemoi, mesieur Bruce Lee. Enjoy your shitty midget car and leave my SUV alone.

I have two hummers just to flex on you vegan fucks. I might even get a third next month. My wife likes to drive my second and I'd like to be able to lend one out to my friends.

3+ Year Old Account
    You should specify the model of the SUV, small ones, such as SUZUKI Jimny, is low pollution due to its 1.5 liter engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    The worst offenders on that, far more so than SUV drivers, are the douchebros driving around in their giant, often lifted, pickup trucks. You know the type, thinks he's super alpha, tailgates everyone, and his pickup's never done a day's work.

Oh, and don't forget the truck nuts, can't forget that part of the douchebag-mobile's kit.
    You forgot the 6" diameter vertical exhaust pipe so they can continue "rollin' coal."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I gotta disagree. I'm 194cm and built big, so tiny soda-can cars are just miserable for me. I need a little more space than the average 5'9 or 5'10 guy.

Also, in the western US and western Canada, cars are a necessity, not a luxury. If I don't have a car, and live in a rural area, I'm stuck.
    With that I completely agree with you. We Canadians are spread out thinly in rural areas.

Here in Canada, you need a car to get around when its -35*C, its literally a matter of life and death. My car broke down in one of the worst snow blizzards we have had here, I was stuck on the highway for around 7 hours before being picked up early morning. (Before cell phones)

Like I mentioned though, size is not necessarily the biggest hindrance, I am sure you could find an electric car to fit your size. The point is to minimize your environmental foot print, especially when considering that it will become more important as we climb up in global population. We are currently sitting at 7.7 billion people. in 1940 it was around 2.3 billion....
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Well, no bullshit please. The problem is not that I don't "fit", once I'm in, the problem is getting there. My Hyundai Tucson is 22cm higher than my old Audi A4. That allows me to just slide in like a pro, without crawling like a bitch. Not to mention putting my child in his seat or holy shit, removing the child seat and putting it back, which is like trying to catch rabbits in some rabbit hole.

Also my new car has a 30% better fuel efficiency, so this "SUV is bad" argument is completely retarded. It depends entirely on the type of the cars you compare.
    Yeah. Our Nissan Rogue has a lot of head and feet room. My wife's brother and his wife, whom both are large people, he weighs over 350 pounds and she is about 6 foot tall, both commented how much room they had sitting in the back seat.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    The point is to minimize your environmental foot print, especially when considering that it will become more important as we climb up in global population. We are currently sitting at 7.7 billion people. in 1940 it was around 2.3 billion....
    The Chinese, the Indians and the rest of them crowded nations that don't give a fuck about any planet are loling hard right now. And packing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like this. This should be banned.

Getting my dogs to the vet would be nearly impossible without my SUV.

And in case you missed it from the dozens of other posts, SUVs aren't the problem. Combustion engines in general are a problem. You'd accomplish almost nothing environmentally speaking banning just SUVs, outside of creating a shitload of new refuse for your landfills when everyone ditches their new SUVs for sedans.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2019-06-04 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Not questioning you having an SUV (idc) but couldn’t you also get them to the vet in a hatchback?
    Nope, they're too big. My brother's smaller SUV is even difficult.

There’s some big hatchbacks out there.
    At that point you're splitting hairs. If a hatchback is big enough for my dogs, you might as well call it an SUV.

Quote Originally Posted by P for Pancetta View Post
    You should go to the US and drive around a bit, their roads are absolute garbage and maintenance is extremely rare.
    I don't know what parts of the country you have been to, but that isn't a national issue. The roads are great where I live and throughout the state and pretty much anywhere around here that I have driven in. I'd actually be fine with less road repair and improvements to cut down on construction delays.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

combustion engines should be banned in general.

Not really. Even if the cargo space is small, you always have the option to fold the seats down. I have friends that have a hatchback and their two German Shepherds fit in it with the seats down. That’s how they get both of them to the vet.

I was just questioning you saying it was nearly impossible without an SUV. That’s not true.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell, you don’t even need a hatchback. A large dog can fit in a Sedan... if you don’t mind them in the seats.
    I have owned 2 hatch backs a v 8 5.0 musatng and a firebird, neither are holding a big dog and the Mustang got worse gas millage than most cars. Part of the reason I mention this is because there isn't a one size fit all car out there or a way to blanket label vehicle types and accurately describe them all. Automobile design, faults and features are about as expansive and unique as the billions of peiple that use them.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

SUVs are critical for the rich white people though. They are pathetic and just want a mini-van to get groceries and drive their under-achieving, rude kids around, but they are also racist and classist and can't be seen in the same car as the Mexican lady that cleans their house, so they need a luxury SUV. That's all SUVs are - mini-vans for rich white people.