Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    combustion engines should be banned in general.
    As long as there is another viable option, sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zensunni View Post
    SUVs are critical for the rich white people though. They are pathetic and just want a mini-van to get groceries and drive their under-achieving, rude kids around, but they are also racist and classist and can't be seen in the same car as the Mexican lady that cleans their house, so they need a luxury SUV. That's all SUVs are - mini-vans for rich white people.
    Talk about generalizing LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah, it depends on where you are. In Massachusetts the roads were great where I lived. Here in Kansas though, they’re absolute shit. Potholes everywhere.
    The weather and poverty in the area seem to be the biggest factors. The central part of the country seems to be falling behing in many ways. I have driven from Texas to Illinois and it was pretty awful. The general state of disrepair, graffiti and unkempt looking areas.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Its not about size, its about engine. V8 sedan will pollute more than small SUV.

Just tax per engine size, like its done in many countries already. That would discourage people from buying cars with huge polluting engines. Tax anything over 2 litres into oblivion, tax V6 and V8 so much that manufacturers would abandon those engines.
    keep your hands off my V8s..... Seriously if i ever bought a muscle car and they said they couldn't put a v8 in it.. i'd be like ok just sell me the car no engine and go to performance shop. I drive 3 V8's now and the best i get is 19mpg's in one of them.. i think.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by P for Pancetta View Post
    You should go to the US and drive around a bit, their roads are absolute garbage and maintenance is extremely rare.
    what shitty state did you visit? wisconsin has great roads and a great road maintenance system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    keep your hands off my V8s..... Seriously if i ever bought a muscle car and they said they couldn't put a v8 in it.. i'd be like ok just sell me the car no engine and go to performance shop. I drive 3 V8's now and the best i get is 19mpg's in one of them.. i think.
    with the push the to make stuff more earth friendly. v8's days may be numbered.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zensunni View Post
    SUVs are critical for the rich white people though. They are pathetic and just want a mini-van to get groceries and drive their under-achieving, rude kids around, but they are also racist and classist and can't be seen in the same car as the Mexican lady that cleans their house, so they need a luxury SUV. That's all SUVs are - mini-vans for rich white people.
    Aren't YOU racist. Just wow.

I think I routinely get about 13mpg out of my car driving around town. Might get up to 18 on the freeway. Good thing work is only 6 miles from home.

and here we have another example of why not everyone should be allowed to use social media.

7+ Year Old Account
    Further demonstrating the diminishing quality of posters on this forum.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    SUV and pickup truck drivers should be banned. Drivers from China and India should go through more rigorous testing in North America, because it's clear that they don't know how to fucking drive.

See, I can make up stupid shit too (although at least one of those points is actually true).

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    They are bigger than regular cars without being able to go offroad better than a regular car. The only good thing about them is that they are spacious, but so are hatchbacks.
    I don't think they should be banned however, I think they should have higher insurance (just they sports cars do).

SUVs/and big ass trucks have become the status symbols that sports cars were in the 80s. See so many SUVs that clearly have never seen a pot hole let alone off road, and so many monster size trucks that have never had anything put in the back.

Own a big truck/SUV w/out it being used for its intended purpose ... probably have a small dick.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

They are bigger than regular cars without being able to go offroad better than a regular car. The only good thing about them is that they are spacious, but so are hatchbacks.
    why not just ban all automobiles because they pollute too much. unless you have a large family, you wouldn't even need a car anyway. most people would do just fine with a bicycle and public transport. </sarcasm>

you already pay more due to increased gas usage, aka, gas tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Why do some people feel the need to tell other people what they should or shouldn't like?

Some of you want to tell others how to eat their food (like steaks).
    Some of you want to tell people what physical traits they should and shouldn't be allowed to be attracted to in a partner.
    Some of you want to tell others what size car they actually need.

Just live your lives and let others live theirs. What vehicle someone chooses to drive is not any of your business.
    If only ... <sigh>
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

No. That's a terrible idea.

Cars should be banned. Seriously, driving fucking sucks.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    No. That's a terrible idea.

Cars should be banned. Seriously, driving fucking sucks.
    Nah, it shouldn't be banned.

I happen to like driving and the freedom of movement driving allows me. If you don't want to drive, by all means, don't. But you have no right to rob others of their freedom and choices just because you don't like something.

I'm not in favour of bannign them.
    But in favour of high fines for blocking roads due to incompetence at the wheel coupled with their ridiculous size.
    They should also always be ruled to be at fault when they injure a small child because the driver was too small to reach the windows to see where they are going.*

*Because somehow it is always hordes of tiny women driving huge cars their husband got for them to get a single child each from primary school.

but they are more comfortable to drive .

thats why people buy them .

I don't understand trolls like this.

What are you getting out of it? Is your life that empty that it genuinely keeps you entertained?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    with the push the to make stuff more earth friendly. v8's days may be numbered.
    I literally explained this earlier in this thread. Small engines have their advantage and disadvantages. V8 engines can indeed be as efficient or even more fuel efficient as 4 cylinder engines if done right. Corvettes for example have been able to achieve 30mpg or 40mpg for a vehicle that wasn't designed around fuel efficiency. If you could couple these cars with a hybrid electric system you could recycle that lost energy you get from stop and go traffic. In fact GM is doing with with the C8 Corvette where the new engine is a DOHC V8 mid mounted with a hybrid electric battery that makes it AWD.

The main thing to think about is that bigger engines deal with heat better as they can run at lower compression and therefore don't use fuel as a way to cool it down under heavy load. All engines at Wide Open Throttle will waste fuel to keep the engine cool while running, and smaller engines do this more often. No engine has fuel trims with air and fuel mixed perfectly at high rpm because of the heat that's produced. For better MPG you want an engine to run lean but running lean makes the engine hotter and will result in a warped or cracked motor. Smaller engines that require higher compression for better performance will run hotter and therefore dump more fuel under higher rpm. This is why a Honda S2000 2.0L 4 cylinder will get worse MPG than a V8 6.2L Corvette.

Quote Originally Posted by P for Pancetta View Post
    You should go to the US and drive around a bit, their roads are absolute garbage and maintenance is extremely rare.
    6 million miles of road in the United States, the greatest network of land-based travel on this planet, and "their roads are absolute garbage".

Let me educate you since you seem a little stupid. The "US" doesn't dictate the construction and upkeep of roads on a federal level. They aren't even done on a state level, for the most part. It's mostly done on a county-based level. Some states are known for their poor roads (looking at you, Illinois). Most of these "absolute garbage" roads occur in places of extreme temperature change, over 110 F or below -40 F. The damage to the roads is inevitable at these temperatures and their repair is time-consuming in areas of very high or very low traffic based on their popularity or importance.

I've been alive in the US for three decades now and I have only experienced 'absolute garbage' roads in a few select places. That's pretty good considering the amount of road. The US has 1.6 million more miles of roadway than all of the EU combined (that's 2,574,950 km), but I guess if I were to find a bad road in Europe, they're all 'absolute garbage' by your logic.

Edit: where I live, three months out of the year are dedicated to extensive roadwork; it's one of the four seasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    So 40 US MPG? That's about the same as my 13 years old 7 seater minivan gets on highway. You call that good for modern light weight car with small wind resistance? My car is much heavier, has wind resistance of a brick and gets same mileage from 1.8l 4 cylinder engine.
    Damn, that's nearly double the rated MPG of the highest MPG minivan.

I'm now pretty curious what unknown pinnacle of engineering you've been hiding from the world this entire time.

What make and model exactly?

Guess we know who the tree huggers are in this thread.