Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would just love some simple connectivity. Have access to t-mog piece in both Retail and Classic (random greens, T3 and the like)? You get appearance in Retail if got in Classic. Completed a Vanilla quest as clothy which rewarded a plate item? Complete that quest on Classic on a plate user and you get that mog in Retail. Scarab Lord Title and Mount? Not accessible in Retail in any shape or form anymore, so no giving away scarab lord titles to people in Retail who got it in Classic. Haven't completed a quest on Retail account that gives appearance of something? No matter with what or whom you complete it with on Classic, you don't get the mog. Want Corrupted Ashbringer for non-paladins? Too bad if you don't have it already!

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    I would just love some simple connectivity. Have access to t-mog piece in both Retail and Classic (random greens, T3 and the like)? You get appearance in Retail if got in Classic. Completed a Vanilla quest as clothy which rewarded a plate item? Complete that quest on Classic on a plate user and you get that mog in Retail. Scarab Lord Title and Mount? Not accessible in Retail in any shape or form anymore, so no giving away scarab lord titles to people in Retail who got it in Classic. Haven't completed a quest on Retail account that gives appearance of something? No matter with what or whom you complete it with on Classic, you don't get the mog. Want Corrupted Ashbringer for non-paladins? Too bad if you don't have it already!
    So T3 yes but scarab lord no? why the distinction?

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So T3 yes but scarab lord no? why the distinction?
    BMAH sells T3 so can be acquired in retail

Classic tourists who only play to get some title/mount in retail is not what classic need. They should be seperated.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like them separate. I don't want people treating Classic like a minigame of Live.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Actually

Encouraging someone to do something would fall under coercion, sounds forced to me.

Forcing your ding dong in someone is rape, someone making the choice to have sex with someone may not be rape but it could still be forced.
    Interesting you would exclude the "threat of violence" part. very interesting indeed. and the MAKE someone do something against their will. again interesting you dont mention that?

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I understand some restrictions, especially all of them relating to gold (1 million gold, more or less pocket change in 2019, would make you the kingpin of the AH, the Rockfeller of coarse stone, the Gould of arcane crystal).

Still, maybe the restrictions could be airtight one way. For instance, doing the War of the Shifting Sands questline on vanilla give you the mount in vanilla and in retail ?
    As they are completely different timelines, it makes no sense to grant any perk to "retail".

What you are asking is to gift yourself a treasure 15 years in the future. What sorcery is this?

I like both games, and I want them separate. Play the game because you like it, not because you 'need' something in another game.

Interesting you would exclude the "threat of violence" part. very interesting indeed. and the MAKE someone do something against their will. again interesting you dont mention that?
    What's so interesting about it? It says "especially with the use or threat of violence" as far as I'm aware "especially" doesn't mean "only" If it had dropped the "especially" and just said "Coercion or compulsion with the use or threat or violence" you'd have me lol.

I am made to do things against my will, you think I WANT to pet battle? Fuuuuuck no, I want pets though so I'm forced to pet battle

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    As they are completely different timelines, it makes no sense to grant any perk to "retail".

What you are asking is to gift yourself a treasure 15 years in the future. What sorcery is this?
    That's a shaky argument

Am I meant to understand that we in no way interact with previous moments of time and receive tangible benefits?
    Last edited by Drusin; 2019-06-06 at 07:52 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

What's so interesting about it? It says "especially with the use or threat of violence" as far as I'm aware "especially" doesn't mean "only" If it had dropped the "especially" and just said "Coercion or compulsion with the use or threat or violence" you'd have me lol.

I am made to do things against my will, you think I WANT to pet battle? Fuuuuuck no, I want pets though so I'm forced to pet battle
    Jesus the level of dense is off the charts. You are not forced to do pet battles in any way shape or form. You WANT the reward, so you CHOOSE to do them. Its really that simple.

I mention it because you chose to mention only PART of ONE possible definition of forced, and ignored all the other ones. Just completely ignored them because they show how wrong you are.

See above - there is nothing forcing you do pet battles other than your personal desire to obtain the rewards - that means you make a willing and conscious decision, and choose to do pet battles - there is absolutely no force involved at all.

But i see you completely skipped over the "against their will" part - you know, the accurate and relevant part.

Jesus the level of dense is off the charts. You are not forced to do pet battles in any way shape or form. You WANT the reward, so you CHOOSE to do them. Its really that simple.
    I want the reward, I don't want to do what it takes to get the reward, hence forced

I mention it because you chose to mention only PART of ONE possible definition of forced, and ignored all the other ones. Just completely ignored them because they show how wrong you are.
    I ignored them because they either weren't relevant or proved me right

strength or energy as an attribute of physical action or movement.
    "he was thrown backward by the force of the explosion"
    irrelevant

an influence tending to change the motion of a body or produce motion or stress in a stationary body. The magnitude of such an influence is often calculated by multiplying the mass of the body by its acceleration.
    irrelevant

used with a number as a measure of wind strength on the Beaufort scale.
    Oh wait...no nvm irrelevant

coercion or compulsion, especially with the use or threat of violence.
    "they ruled by law and not by force"
    Been here, is compelled is coerced violence or the threat of it isn't mandatory to fulfill the definition

mental or moral strength or power.
    irrelevant

a person or thing regarded as exerting power or influence.
    you know this one might actually work in my favor

the powerful effect of something.
    the compelling force of getting a reward lol

an organized body of military personnel or police.
    irrelevant

troops and weaponry.
    irrelevant

a group of people brought together and organized for a particular activity.
    irrelevant

a police department.
    irrelevant

[baseball]a force-out.
    irrelevant

make (someone) do something against their will.
    I don't want to do it, thus it's against my will. A lot of people are forced to work jobs they don't want to do.

The example given for this definition you picked is "she was forced into early retirement" you think they forced her into retirement by holding a gun to her head until she left the building? No, they likely used incentives to coerce her into retiring against her will, poor susan
    I know her pain, Blizz uses incentives to force me into pet battling.

See above - there is nothing forcing you do pet battles other than your personal desire to obtain the rewards
    Want the reward? Then you're forced to do the activity to get the reward

Want to stay alive? You're forced to ingest something so your body can stay alive, forced to breathe air, etc.

that means you make a willing and conscious decision, and choose to do pet battles
    Choose to, against my will hence the force

there is absolutely no force involved at all.
    It's 100% forced

But i see you completely skipped over the "against their will" part - you know, the accurate and relevant part.
    No...I am doing it against my will lol I don't want to do pet battles lol
    Last edited by Drusin; 2019-06-06 at 10:40 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account

That's retarded. You either don't understand what "forced" is, or trolling. You aren't forced to do pet battles, you chose to do them, because you want a reward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I want the reward, I don't want to do what it takes to get the reward, hence forced
    so if you want to buy something but you have to work to earn money that means you're forced to work? LMAO

10+ Year Old Account
    Want the reward? Then you're forced to do the activity to get the reward
    That's how rewards work, you don't want a reward, you want stuff for free.

Want to stay alive? You're forced to ingest something so your body can stay alive, forced to breathe air, etc.
    "Staying alive" is not a reward for "ingesting something" and completely irrelevant for this discussion. The only thing that forces you to do those things is your brain. Because it's apparently more intelligent that your consciousness

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    so if you want to buy something but you have to work to earn money that means you're forced to work? LMAO
    I mean, with solid logic like his he could sue Hugh Brasher for organizing london marathon, because he forces him to run it, because he wants a reward. Fuckign lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

It's 100% forced
    Your muddling of 'extrinsic rewards' and 'force' is just intellectual sloppiness. It reeks of first-world-problems and entitlement.

I don't even know how some ideas could come in somebody's mind.
    Asking to play another mode in order to unlock rewards for the retail one.

Seriously, stop.

I'd like to see this but, clearly, the WoW community doesn't like retroactive rewards... Which baffles me.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    That's how rewards work, you don't want a reward, you want stuff for free.
    Still forced ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"Staying alive" is not a reward for "ingesting something" and completely irrelevant for this discussion. The only thing that forces you to do those things is your brain. Because it's apparently more intelligent that your consciousness
    Doesn't have to be a "reward" it can be anything. Want to stay out of prison? Don't murder people...and get caught Forced to follow the law

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    Yes, I can't think of a way to get money, through legal means, that you in no way worked for besides just inheriting it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    That's retarded. You either don't understand what "forced" is, or trolling. You aren't forced to do pet battles, you chose to do them, because you want a reward.
    I already linked an image of the definitions of force.

I want the reward, I don't want to do the activity to get the reward, there's no other way to get the reward, so I'm forced to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I'd like to see this but, clearly, the WoW community doesn't like retroactive rewards... Which baffles me.
    If player A has Atiesh he won't be as special anymore when players B-Z++ get their Atiesh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Your muddling of 'extrinsic rewards' and 'force' is just intellectual sloppiness.
    Let's use something that's not extrinsic then, end game @_@ Want to do end game stuff? Guess what you're forced to do every xpac? Level Some people do NOT want to level, they are most certainly acting against their will.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    I don't even know how some ideas could come in somebody's mind.
    Asking to play another mode in order to unlock rewards for the retail one.

Seriously, stop.
    Now let's be fair, it's not totally unreasonable. Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch, and Hearthstone all had rewards for wow and they are entirely different games. Limited time promotional items sure but still, playing one game to get a reward in another isn't unusual in the Blizzard universe.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2019-06-06 at 12:30 PM.
    My Collection

Let's use something that's not extrinsic then, end game @_@ Want to do end game stuff? Guess what you're forced to do every xpac? Level Some people do NOT want to level, they are most certainly acting against their will.
    That is a prerequisite. You either have an extremely impoverished vocabulary, or just semantic laziness.

Should there be a connection between retail and classic? No. But it would be nice if blizzard brings back all the old models which were removed, re-add the Scarab Lord mount and T3 sets and even give them a facelift, especially T3.