Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Nope you are not correct kind sir

Quote Originally Posted by Sleezeman View Post
    Nope you are not correct kind sir
    Why are you necroing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    It's hard to compare the state of the game in 2019 to that in 2005. The MMORPG mentality has evolved since then.
    World of warcraft has evolved since then, to a multiplayer hack and slash, that is what it is now. The MMORPG mentality is what has people playing old school MMO's and grindy MMO's like BDO.
    One Sweet Dream

Modern WoW mythics raiding is extremely hardcore

The rest is tuned for everyone between age 2 and 99.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Modern WoW mythics raiding is extremely hardcore

The rest is tuned for everyone between age 2 and 99.
    That's not exactly correct. Full mythic raids are extremely hardcore. While full heroic raids are pretty easy. So that takes a big range of difficulty curve that's not covered by the game. Usually those people are killing few bosses in mythic, but that's a terrible game, because you're not really finishing anything. That burned out me, personally.

People clearing mythic or trying are certainly the targeted demo of retail, despite being a low % of total players. When Classic is an option, retail guilds trying to be hardcore will take a major hit. Retail guilds with a history of clearing will be fine but will probably lose some people they didn't expect to lose.
    One Sweet Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Why is this too hard to understand for people?

Is retail too hardcore? Yes
    Is retail too casual? Yes

Modern wow is servicing casual players and hardcore players at the same time.
    Yes, it is "servicing casual players and hardcore players at the same time" and they fail to service the remaining 90%.
    Last edited by MiiiMiii; 2019-08-06 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    Why are you necroing this?
    Why are you whining about someone replying to a week old post?

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    That's not exactly correct. Full mythic raids are extremely hardcore. While full heroic raids are pretty easy. So that takes a big range of difficulty curve that's not covered by the game. Usually those people are killing few bosses in mythic, but that's a terrible game, because you're not really finishing anything. That burned out me, personally.
    Well, that's what I said. Mythic raiding is extremely hardcore, the rest is very very easy. Playing 110-120 was the most boring grind I've ever done in a game but me and my GF really wanted to see how max lvl was. Then we got classic beta and only played that until it shut down. Now we just chill with PS4 games until Classic is released.

I get that people like WoW now, it's like how Diablo would be like as an MMORPG and in that sense it's quite decent. But as Warcraft, it's just so bad now.

Well, that's what I said. Mythic raiding is extremely hardcore, the rest is very very easy. Playing 110-120 was the most boring grind I've ever done in a game but me and my GF really wanted to see how max lvl was. Then we got classic beta and only played that until it shut down. Now we just chill with PS4 games until Classic is released.

I get that people like WoW now, it's like how Diablo would be like as an MMORPG and in that sense it's quite decent. But as Warcraft, it's just so bad now.
    This is what confuses me.

If 110 - 120 was the most boring thing ever, how will spamming one skill ad infinitum be somehow interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Why are you whining about someone replying to a week old post?
    What? The last post before his was a month prior.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    This is what confuses me.

If 110 - 120 was the most boring thing ever, how will spamming one skill ad infinitum be somehow interesting?
    ? Where do I say I love just spamming one skill?

In retail, I spammed a lot of buttons. I used the boost to get a lvl 110 warrior and lvled it to 120, and I still dont know shit about what any attack really does. I just spam them. And everything dies in matter of seconds. And I do well on dmg meter in dungeons.

? Where do I say I love just spamming one skill?

In retail, I spammed a lot of buttons. I used the boost to get a lvl 110 warrior and lvled it to 120, and I still dont know shit about what any attack really does. I just spam them. And everything dies in matter of seconds. And I do well on dmg meter in dungeons.

If 110 - 120 was boring, wait till you realise what classic consists of.

In classic, your rotation will consist of one skill.

? I still dont know shit about what any attack really does. I just spam them.
    And I do well on dmg meter in dungeons.
    I smell bs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    What? The last post before his was a month prior.
    why is the post date the first thing u notice?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

the idea of raids and content not being fully completed due to skill requirements is an amazing thing. the ideology of a games success being based upon everyone should be abel to clear it from casual players to hardcore players is what ruins difficulty.. It's like going to a race and being given a 'Thanks for participating medal'

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I for one is happy that Classic is coming. I'm not good enough to play at a mythic raid level but in Classic I can shine since classes and raid encounters are much much easier to execute perfectly.

It's one of the biggest strengths of Classic. Everyone was at roughly the same level. A player of a modern day LFR skill level and another of mythic skill level could stand side by side and kill KT together
    you are so wrong. If you are not a good player on retail you might not even get choosen to do 5 mans on classic. Just wait 1 week before they do Raider.IO Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by pankind View Post
    People clearing mythic or trying are certainly the targeted demo of retail, despite being a low % of total players.
    Yes! 100% this! They really focus on the Mythic raiders. That's why there are shit like benthic gear, "artifact knowledge", new dungeons, Mythic+ dungeons, Mythic+ Cache, level boosts... all those things that benefit the casual player but do little, if anything, for the Mythic raider... wait, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Pilek01 View Post
    you are so wrong. If you are not a good player on retail you might not even get choosen to do 5 mans on classic. Just wait 1 week before they do Raider.IO Classic.
    Content in classic isn't nearly as hard as you seem to think it is and bad players will be fine they are dedicated enough.
    Last edited by Equoowe; 2019-08-07 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Oh so I guess all the people in my guild who couldn't even find their own thumbs yet managed to kill every single boss in the game was just figments of my imagination then?

Face it, vanilla was extremely easy and it was a wonderful and good thing. It was the most accessible high end raiding has ever been.
    we will find out in a month. One thing you have to take into account. The game might be the same as it was 15 years ago but the playerbase changed and is now more toxic/elitist.