Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Not a fan of the HUD in DOOM Eternal. It's very distracting.
    It's the same as the last game. The quick swap thing is for controller plebians as well, not keyboard gamers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a hair's breadth away from writing off Bethesda as a whole. I mean, making fun of how absolutely terrible their games are, as well as their company, has become so much of a meme that even Todd Howard himself is doing it. AND THEY STILL RELEASE GARBAGE.

Almost every single game since Fallout 3 has been released as a glorified beta, with the community picking up the slack and fixing everything Bethesda failed at. This was painfully obvious when they released Fallout 76, where the community COULDN'T fix anything, since it's an online game. They use an extremely archaic engine and refuse to change to something more modern. They intentionally release flops, like Fallout 76, and then a year later, release a patch or even a PAID DLC that incorporates everything that SHOULD have been there at launch, and expects accolades for it. And yet, people keep blindly throwing money at them. Don't even get me started on the mobile bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    The 2 new IP seem interesting, Wolfenstein is good, Doom is good, ESO is good, Fallout 76 seems like it might be making a comeback. Like things are looking up for Bethesda but this conference was pretty boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Also why the fuck do all these games keep showing cinematics and no gameplay? It's annoying as fuck.
    Fallout 76 getting BR is a desperation move by Bethesda to revive a dying game. I mean, not having it on Steam and making it an online only game were both bad ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'm a hair's breadth away from writing off Bethesda as a whole. I mean, making fun of how absolutely terrible their games are, as well as their company, has become so much of a meme that even Todd Howard himself is doing it. AND THEY STILL RELEASE GARBAGE.

Almost every single game since Fallout 3 has been released as a glorified beta, with the community picking up the slack and fixing everything Bethesda failed at. This was painfully obvious when they released Fallout 76, where the community COULDN'T fix anything, since it's an online game. They use an extremely archaic engine and refuse to change to something more modern. They intentionally release flops, like Fallout 76, and then a year later, release a patch or even a PAID DLC that incorporates everything that SHOULD have been there at launch, and expects accolades for it. And yet, people keep blindly throwing money at them. Don't even get me started on the mobile bullshit.
    Fools and their money.... look how many people by the new FIFA or Madden every year... and not only that, are fucking EXCITED to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And a 4K TV is the equivalent of that 1440p when you factor in distance. But you just admitted you only care about PC games as entertainment, so why are you even discussing consoles?
    I do console gaming, I just hook them up to monitor.

But for actual movie watching or what not, couldn't care less (and 8k will be media only on the new xbox and the ps5, not gaming)

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played a Fallout or Elder Scrolls game that I haven't enjoyed. To each their own I guess. Mind you, I play mod-less. So *shrugs*
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I just want to know what the main team at Bethesda has been doing for the past 4 years...

Oblivion 2006
    Fallout 3 2008
    Skyrim 2011
    Fallout 4 2015
    2019 nothing, not even about StarField...
    Was hoping it would be announced for November this year, but goddamn

We're probably not getting Elder Scrolls 6 for at least 4-5 years after StarField at this rate and we're not getting StarField until 2020, if not later. :/

We're gonna have more than a decade in between Elder Scrolls games :O

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I just want to know what the main team at Bethesda has been doing for the past 4 years...

Oblivion 2006
    Fallout 3 2008
    Skyrim 2011
    Fallout 4 2015
    2019 nothing, not even about StarField...

We're probably not getting Elder Scrolls 6 for at least 4-5 years after StarField at this rate and we're not getting StarField until 2020, if not later. :/

We're gonna have more than a decade in between Elder Scrolls games :O
    Don't you know? 76 took all their teams to do! To make the map I guess since most of the other assets were recycled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It's the same as the last game. The quick swap thing is for controller plebians as well, not keyboard gamers.
    Not remotely the same:

DOOM 2016

DOOM ETERNAL:

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Don't you know? 76 took all their teams to do! To make the map I guess since most of the other assets were recycled.
    I can't believe it took their entire team to do. I feel like a single modder could have done the same thing they did in the same amount of time.

Well this devolver direct is something. Is that arcade game a real thing?

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Well this devolver direct is something. Is that arcade game a real thing?
    Since it's Devolver... probably

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Well this devolver direct is something
    I love Devolver's show. It's a nice change from everyone else's formulaic presentation.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I love Devolver's show. It's a nice change from everyone else's formulaic presentation.
    Yeah, I really enjoy them every year. May not be everyone's thing, but I find it entertaining.

I was simply saying that the wait until Square’s E3 stuff feels like an eternity(it’s not). We already know they’re giving us details in 23 hours. In addition to the Avengers stuff.
    Oh really!? Shweet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pso2 (and tales)

Good for you? There are plenty of people who prefer decent sized screens. Oh, and people didn’t think the PS4 would ever play 4K games. That worked out so well for them...
    The ps4 doesn't. The pro does... And it really doesn't maintain 4k. If they release a ps5 pro with beefed up specs that can actually play 8k games we'll talk then, but even sony and MS aren't talking about playing 8k, they're talking specifically Media playback.

And I mean... i have a 32in monitor, most people game on 32 in tvs.

I don’t know anyone who plays on sub-50. Most everyone I know games on 60+... and I’m glad you’re willing to admit the next gen could easily end up with 8K games.
    And most everyone I know has 40 or less, I'm the one with the 64in, but I got it for free. It's all anecdotal.

And I would never argue that they couldn't EVENTUALLY but right now it's not even in peoples minds.

Will still be funny when it does come around though... I'll probably still be sitting here with my maybe not even 1080 tv, I just don't see a reason to upgrade
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2019-06-10 at 03:28 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    March 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    March 3rd

[video=youtube_share;T2zTJGOreFc]https://youtu.be/T2zTJGOreFc[video]
    I'd learn Japanese just to play this.