Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

8.2 being in a group with someone with XP turned off affects the entire group

https://www.wowhead.com/news=292345....ch-8-#comments

Starting in Patch 8.2, when someone turns their experience off, all members of their group will receive 95% reduced experience ( Experience Eliminated).
    So you can now use group finder with XP turned off and effectively troll the entire group by wasting their time ?

I hope there is a barrier to stop XP off players from queuing with regular players.
    Last edited by Poe; 2019-06-17 at 12:59 AM.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wtf!!! This is so stupid! Honestly im very angry about this.
    I turn my xp off on my 60 toons becaue I like to stay in old content and run those dungeons and finish all my loremaster achievements. I dont play BfA.
    Definetly quitting once classic comes out.
    Literally killed the game for me.
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

Is that person at least flagged as having XP off? Cuz that would be really crappy if someone with a twink could just troll people like that...

Normally I can see why Blizz does things even if I disagree... they're trying to address a problem. What issue could this possibly be addressing?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    For the people concerned about trolls, I'm pretty sure Blizz won't be letting that happen.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=292345....ch-8-#comments

So you can now use group finder with XP turned off and effectively troll the entire group by wasting their time ?

I hope there is a barrier to stop XP off players from queuing with regular players.
    or they will vote kick you out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by buddhapunch09 View Post
    I turn my xp off on my 60 toons becaue I like to stay in old content and run those dungeons and finish all my loremaster achievements. I dont play BfA.
    i feel like you havnt even read a sin gle thing about the op, this effects your lebel 60's in literally 0 way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeyser View Post
    Is that person at least flagged as having XP off? Cuz that would be really crappy if someone with a twink could just troll people like that...

Normally I can see why Blizz does things even if I disagree... they're trying to address a problem. What issue could this possibly be addressing?
    this adresses the issue of people twinking 110 which makes them able to clear islands INSANELY quickly, to then help boost their friends in just insane fast times.
    legendaries, end of expansion gear, super high ilvl weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvaeres View Post
    For the people concerned about trolls, I'm pretty sure Blizz won't be letting that happen.
    yeah you could just... vote kick out the troll...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvaeres View Post
    There has been an exploit that XP off players have been using to get into regular BGs since forever and Blizzard hasn't cared enough to stop it.

I know there was a period something years ago where XP off couldn't queue with normal BG players but Blizzard eventually changed it only to change it back a few months ago. This exploit was first being used during that first period something years ago and Blizzard hasn't cared enough to fix it when they made the change again.

I only mention this to show how little Blizzard cares about non end game content. They only care when you are leveling too fast. (as proven during the XP pot leveling exploit)
    Last edited by Poe; 2019-06-17 at 01:16 AM.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Have to agree with FelPlague, but I hope Blizzard has a solution for this.

At the topic, okay please start crying and the fun detected memes, but they cant nerf DH's or design scaling mechanic about people exploiting it. I mean it's not just a simple 110 DH, they have to prepare them with special items.

Also sure it doesn't hurt me as player, but still has Blizzard the right to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

i feel like you havnt even read a sin gle thing about the op, this effects your lebel 60's in literally 0 way.
    I'm pretty sure he's implying that he does random dungeons on his level 60 twink and him being in the group will kill the XP of the entire group resulting in him getting kicked from every group or the entire group suffering from no XP.
    Last edited by Poe; 2019-06-17 at 01:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

this adresses the issue of people twinking 110 which makes them able to clear islands INSANELY quickly, to then help boost their friends in just insane fast times.

- - - Updated - - -

Point out exactly where it doesn't????
    It says when someone turns off xp then they go on to say because it is likely for the address of 110 lvl twinking.
    So far from what they said it does effect my lvl 60s..
    Unless they clear this up and say its only for 110s up...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure he's implying that he does random dungeons on his level 60 twink and him being in the group will kill the XP of the entire group resulting in him getting kicked from every group or the entire group suffering from 0 XP.
    Yes thank you that is exactly what i was trying to say!
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

but blizz also has the system where a person gets a safety net timer where they can't be kicked if they get kicked too often. the two systems together will allow people to troll lfg levelers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you even read the post or was it just another excuse to be outraged while at the same time let everyone know you're gonna be playing classic?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    but blizz also has the system where a person gets a safety net timer where they can't be kicked if they get kicked too often. the two systems together will allow people to troll lfg levelers.
    can you show me this? cause last time i got kicked for literally no reason i got a deserter debuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Point out exactly where it doesn't????
    It says when someone turns off xp then they go on to say because it is likely for the address of 110 lvl twinking.
    So far from what they said it does effect my lvl 60s..
    Unless they clear this up and say its only for 110s up...

- - - Updated - - -

Yes thank you that is exactly what i was trying to say!
    this only effectd 110 and up, nothing below

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagrash View Post
    Did you even read the post or was it just another excuse to be outraged while at the same time let everyone know you're gonna be playing classic?
    I honestly don't understand how you dont think this wont effect me?
    Does it only apply to 110s and up? Because they haven't addressed that??
    I think at 60 because I like those dungeons and getting transmog gear. This effects me because I wont be able to group anymore.

WoWHead says there "seems to be no indicators of whom has the XP disabled, only a passive aggressive 'someone in your group is doing a naughty naughty thing."
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

7+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't understand how you dont think this wont effect me?
    Does it only apply to 110s and up? Because they haven't addressed that??
    I think at 60 because I like those dungeons and getting transmog gear. This effects me because I wont be able to group anymore.
    yes its only 110 and up so far, there is nothing to imply its lower level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    WoWHead says there "seems to be no indicators of whom has the XP disabled, only a passive aggressive 'someone in your group is doing a naughty naughty thing."
    this is the first itteration, so its likely before it goes live it will tell you who.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure he's implying that he does random dungeons on his level 60 twink and him being in the group will kill the XP of the entire group resulting in him getting kicked from every group or the entire group suffering from no XP.
    and there is nothing to imply this will effect people below level 110.

- - - Updated - - -

Cause here is something for you lot.

did you know if your friend who is MUCH higher level kills stuff with you, you get MUCH less exp? same with dungeons, raids, etc.

why?
    because then this would be diablo 3 all over again where someone max level just pulls an entire dungeon and gives you 2 levels in 1 minute.

so this is adressign that exact issue, that someone at 110 twinked can be EVEN STRONGER then a current 120 in dungeons/islands, and complete them in litterally fucking no time.

Mod Edit: Don't use giant fonts in this fashion.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-06-17 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Removed Giant Fonts

people do realize that there is zero chance this is going to effect lfg created groups right?
    this is just a way to stop twinks from selling boost, which involves a manually created group
    but it's stupid anyway because while a geared 110 is more powerful than a 120 (iirc), a 120 with the new neck thing and Palace gear is going to get pretty close, so the islands boost selling will just switch from twink 110s to geared 120s

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    so basically twinks will have to make their own group instead of using LFD.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes its only 110 and up so far, there is nothing to imply its lower level.

- - - Updated - - -

this is the first itteration, so its likely before it goes live it will tell you who.

- - - Updated - - -

and there is nothing to imply this will effect people below level 110.

- - - Updated - - -

Cause here is something for you lot.

did you know if your friend who is MUCH higher level kills stuff with you, you get MUCH less exp? same with dungeons, raids, etc.

why?
    because then this would be diablo 3 all over again where someone max level just pulls an entire dungeon and gives you 2 levels in 1 minute.

so this is adressign that exact issue, that someone at 110 twinked can be EVEN STRONGER then a current 120 in dungeons/islands, and complete them in litterally fucking no time.
    "Starting in Patch 8.2, when someone turns their experience off, all members of their group will receive 95% reduced experience"
    Can you please point to me where it says 110 and up. Because seriously you would be saving me from some heartache
    Last edited by buddhapunch09; 2019-06-17 at 01:39 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Starting in Patch 8.2, when someone turns their experience off, all members of their group will receive 95% reduced experience"
    you know who wrote that? a guy from wowhead.
    you know who makes the game?
    not fucking wowhead.

10+ Year Old Account
    you know who wrote that? a guy from wowhead.
    you know who makes the game?
    not fucking wowhead.
    ?????
    I don't understand where you got it only applies to 110. I hope you're right! Like if it was only for islands but the title is misleading in that their only focusing on the 110 twinking issue.

- - - Updated - - -

I need to check this out if its on ptr.