Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I'm glad they're nerfing Frost Mage's primary damage output

Now I can fully commit to my unchanged warlock for next tier

what do you mean unchanged their PvP Essence got buffed

Quote Originally Posted by Awyee View Post
    Now I can fully commit to my unchanged warlock for next tier
    "I don't understand the balancing process, but I'm gonna get mad regardless"
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    The same balancing process whereby warlocks, shadow priests, elemental shamans and balance druids were 10% ahead of anyone else and basically every single encounter grossly favoured them for six months?

Let's be honest here, mages were bad this tier. No one took more than one mage for the buff unless they had to.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2019-06-05 at 12:30 AM.

Taking an underperforming ranged spec and further reducing its damage = balance?

7+ Year Old Account
    Well what is the balancing progress? There are no other changes AFAIK this just seems like a straight up nerf

15+ Year Old Account
    Feels like theyre trying to force thermal void with that one neck power that gives us icy veins

10+ Year Old Account
    Thisisfine.jpeg

How to play mage before nerf:

Throw Wet Tissue Paper x 5 -----> Throw Kitchen Roll

How to play mage after nerf:

Throw Wet Tissue Paper x 5 -----> Throw Toilet Roll
    Speciation Is Gradual

Taking an underperforming ranged spec and further reducing its damage = balance?
    I think the hope, for those clinging on to the spec/class, is that in the past when they have done things like this the next wave they went and buffed multiple other spells/abilities for those specs. So knock down GS with this and buff up flurry, IL and FB with the next one. Sticking with mages it is something they tried to do that way with fire twice since the Legion changes to combustion. Looking at just the GS nerf and nothing else it looks awful though. Take a spec that isn't doing great and make it worse.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    It's a buff.
    Care to elaborate ?

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Undocumented Icicles buff, looks about 4% buff on GS sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Undocumented Icicles buff, looks about 4% buff on GS sets.
    Do we know how much this will influence Orb build and NoIl build?

DorovonToday at 5:27 AM
    There does appear to be a buff to Icicle damage in the spell data. Specifically, the spell power modifier associated with Icicles was increased from 0.0165 to 0.0190, which is a 15.2% increase. This more than compensates for the nerf to Glacial Spike and also gives a small buff to the Frozen Orb build.

NorrinirToday at 8:42 AM
    Preliminary numbers with the GS nerf and mastery buff for the current builds:
    https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...A9hnP9PYU8VwhF

they do these nerfs often "that are really buffs" but then it plays out and compared to other classes performances it ends up meaning nothing and mages still in a sorry shape compared to their peers. Stop with the "its a buff" yeah, yeah. Just like so many times before...… ugh

your math may say buff, but live performances usually say something different in the end by Blizz's track record

15+ Year Old Account
    Not to derail too much, but how much mastery do you need for the no ice lance build?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    The same balancing process whereby warlocks, shadow priests, elemental shamans and balance druids were 10% ahead of anyone else and basically every single encounter grossly favoured them for six months?

Let's be honest here, mages were bad this tier. No one took more than one mage for the buff unless they had to.
    My guild is currently raiding co-op with another guild and we almost always have 2 mages. 1 from theirs, and myself. We've had up to 4, but usually just stick with the two. I agree though, not only has our dps been poor this tier, it's been poor all expansion. I did some extensive combing through my logs the other day for our most recent dazar'alor mythic progression and even on the pulls that I played close to flawless, I was still in the bottom 4 as far as dps goes. I did slightly better the couple of pulls I went fire(my main spec) but it's just sad. I'm talking about seeing mages in the 99th percentile and still being in the bottom half of the dps meter.

I think all of our specs(arcane I'm iffy on) play well and are a lot of fun. It's not the playstyle at all that needs to be addressed, it's just the piss poor numbers blizzard refuses to even look at.
    Kthxhugsbye

This ptr update focused on talents that made it so you wouldn't pick anything else in the row, the point of nerfing Glacial Spike was so that it wasn't so far ahead of the other 2 talents in the same row. The next update to PTR should have a actual spell balancing changes(and if not then we'll 100% be seeing a balancing patch before Mythic release like they've done since Emerald Nightmare). So yes, you're crying that the world is falling, when Glacial Spike isn't even that fun to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Feels like theyre trying to force thermal void with that one neck power that gives us icy veins
    I'd love that. TV build has always been my preferred build. I don't play GS unless forced to do so. It's boring, it's yet again another long ass cast nuke in an expansion that is super unfriendly to casters, and did I mention it's boring? Even knowing that it's a dps loss to take TV, I give zero fucks.
    Kthxhugsbye

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    GS isn't fun to play only due to their RNG nature. Fix that, buff other sources of damage and class can shine again.