Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    A 17 year old angsty nutcase can be repaired if they aren't surrounded by shitty people. Only an absolute shit parent would be ok with a kid killing themselves like this when their brain isn't nearly done leveling up.
    And when it comes to sexual assault a lot of people are going to be surrounded by shitty people because a majority of sexual assaults happen by family members. Some of those family members are going to defend the rapists and blame the victim. You've been around these forums long enough to see posters here actually blame women for being raped...imagine them as parents.

Also this decision was endorsed by her doctors who saw no improvements being made through other treatment options. Unlike the US that has politicians making medical decisions for rape victims...these doctors were using the facts at hand instead of their feelings.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

If I got raped and my parents let me kill myself, I'd be pretty upset at them.
    No you wouldn't, unless you know how to be dead and upset at the same time.

This. Idiotic teens are stubborn enough to stand their grounds until the bitter end. Thank god that shit isn't legal in America.
    Just to be clear, supporting legalized euthanasia for someone who has terminal cancer is not the same thing as supporting it for a teen under the voting age who had a traumatic experience. It's not legalized euthanasia that's bad. It's the way it appears to be implemented in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    you cruor and liilo can go sit in the corner while the grownups have an adult conversation about big boy topics. okay?
    You aren't coming off as a grownup. You're coming off as someone with no real points and are supporting letting your kids commit suicide, because it's more convenient for you than actually helping them into adulthood.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    If you've tried many treatments, and they dont work, and you have no reason to believe they will ever work, then that sounds like a proper case for euthenasia to me. Trying to continually force treatments is kind of like ignoring a DNR order at that point.
    In theory, sure. But this is not an adult who's brain has fully developed. An adult who has experienced enough of life to understand that the vast majority of people get past horrible things that happen. This is a teen with very little life experience who's body is still flooded with hormones that cause extreme emotional responses. I'm not judging her for thinking that's her only way out; life can suck, and when you're a teen, that feeling is greatly amplified. But there's no way I'd condone it at her age.

So if my kids are raped I let them kill themselves? 5/5 parent right here ladies and gentleman.
    Read the full fucking story or shut the fuck up. Her mother worked WITH her to try to help her past it and she was admitted and re-admitted--against her will--to help centers to try to get her mental health back in order. It was not working. If you are living in a 24/7 horror show every day of your life due to extreme mental trauma and nothing is helping despite the best efforts of both those who love you and medical/therapeutic experts then you're saying it's better to keep her in that living nightmare with every breath she takes rather than give her the only relief she apparently will ever know.

If the choice came down to a parent who will keep their child alive despite the ceaseless pain they are suffering purely because "they're angsty from being raped" and a parent who will, after doing everything in their power to try to help their child, allow them to die with dignity then you can bet your ass the latter is the better choice every time.

Once again, fuck off you absolute cretin. You're not even worth anyone's time at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't support assisted suicide for emotional conditions. This isn't a terminally ill person with no chance to ever live happily again; this is the equivalent of somebody cutting their wrists in a bathtub except it is legally protected. That doesn't seem right.

I don't want to undermine her pain, but time does dull almost all forms of pain. If nothing else, you can be taught to ignore your past. In the worst cases, the person still can't function normally, but they can get most of the way there. I don't accept that happiness is ever completely impossible after an emotional trauma, no matter the event.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

This. Idiotic teens are stubborn enough to stand their grounds until the bitter end. Thank god that shit isn't legal in America.
    Are you people insane she was raped yes thst will lead to ptsd. That has nothing to do with being stubborn wtf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Attention seekers threaten suicide...they don't go through with legal euthanasia...
    Attention seekers do a lot of things, sometimes those things end in death.

It's unfortunate, but these kids too often just take the easy way out rather than deal with their problems.

I can really relate to this story, not that im suicidal.

But I do have severe clinical treatment resistant depression. Its been 10 years now, over a dozen meds, a few other weird things....nothing. This is likely how i'm going to be the rest of my life. Theres a certain point where you just have to accept what you are, and 10 years feels long enough.

Is my crap life worth living as I get older and my body deteriorates along with my mind? Honestly I think that answer is easy. If I lived in the Netherlands in 10 years, this will probably be me too.

That is just wrong on so many levels. She was 17. There is no way she should even have been allowed that option. Get her treatment, therapy anything. At that age, No one has any idea what life truly is. They just think they do. She wouldn't have kept suffering. She would have moved on. Sure, it would have been there always, but at some point, she would have figured out there are still so many good things in life.

Legal euthanasia should only be an option for the terminally ill with zero hopes of survival, or those with such crushing disabilities that a normal life is not even an option. The things that literally cannot be undone or changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I feel like they should at least be at an age where their brain is fully developed.

I fully support (and often encourage) the suicide of anyone who's old enough and has no debt/pets/kids who are relying on them. You didn't ask to be born and it's your life, but a lot of young kids have very stupid feelings that change as they get older.

A 17 year old angsty nutcase can be repaired if they aren't surrounded by shitty people. Only an absolute shit parent would be ok with a kid killing themselves like this when their brain isn't nearly done leveling up.
    I trust the doctors to make the right choice for there patient and with the details crissi has provided i don’t think this falls under the margin of error.

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    If she were 75, I'd be okay with her decision. That's old enough to know that life has it's ups and downs and old enough where you've lived pretty much all life has to offer.

17, she was a baby.
    Luckily it wasn't your decision. Don't project your values onto others, it's disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    Just to be clear, supporting legalized euthanasia for someone who has terminal cancer is not the same thing as supporting it for a teen under the voting age who had a traumatic experience. It's not legalized euthanasia that's bad. It's the way it appears to be implemented in this case.
    I'm glad we have a dr in the forum. After a thorough reading of the case and intensive interviews with the victim, what course of action would you have taken. Oh wait... Maybe you should mind your own business. Stop projecting your values onto others. Makes you look bigoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    I checked out the comments for that story, didn't take long for politics to come up followed by people pretending they had the answers that would have kept her alive.
    Do they include coming down on rapists like a ton of bricks?

yeah , i mean her life have shown her the true face of the world : anybody can , on a whim , wreck your life and leave you broken

it would have been weirder if she'd choose to live in this world after what she been throught

good on her, i hope she's gone with a smile.

I think it'll come down to seeing serious depression as another kind of disease. Some people, like myself, recover from it with support, others never do. This is no different than any other.

If you've tried many treatments, and they dont work, and you have no reason to believe they will ever work, then that sounds like a proper case for euthenasia to me. Trying to continually force treatments is kind of like ignoring a DNR order at that point.
    Sad part is if this wont ever be allowed i think that if someone truly wants to die they will do it themselves and sadly have another person or relative find them and inturn cause trauma for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    so sad she didn't even have a chance to live a life, with all the trauma she faced her mind was further poisoned by the people around her who encouraged her to kill herself.

This is fucking bullshit. At age 17 people don't have fully developed emotions, thoughts, world view. And their hormones and body is still a mess. I remember my sister had her "emo" stage at that age, now she is a happy mother with 2 children. I get it, rape is emotionally horrible, but wast majority or rape victims learn to live with it. They get help to process the trauma, not help to kill themselves

Whoever allowed this to happen should be arrested and her parents deserve a special place in hell.
    Last edited by Vilendor; 2019-06-05 at 06:12 AM.

I think it'll come down to seeing serious depression as another kind of disease. Some people, like myself, recover from it with support, others never do. This is no different than any other.

Depends mental illness isn't like physical illness, which is why it's not treated the same medically. Some times people are unresponsive only to become responsive, some people get better by them selves with time. The brain is so poorly understood its hard to make definates, you can never say for definates that some one with depression will always suffer just as you can't tell what drug will and won't work in a schizophrenic till you try it. Each case is so different and personal you can't make those kind of definite statements about long term prognosis. Certainly not after only 3 years. I mean for a start she's only 17 so her brain hasnt even finished maturing and is prime for developing new path ways.

I think in this case they haven't explored all other options which is there duty of xare befor euthanasia and there facilitating the suicide of a depressed person.

But either way, this bodes Ill for those who campaign for euthanasia in country's that don't have it, this will be held as a case study against it I can see it :/