Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    yeah , i mean her life have shown her the true face of the world : anybody can , on a whim , wreck your life and leave you broken

    it would have been weirder if she'd choose to live in this world after what she been throught

    good on her, i hope she's gone with a smile.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I think it'll come down to seeing serious depression as another kind of disease. Some people, like myself, recover from it with support, others never do. This is no different than any other.

    If you've tried many treatments, and they dont work, and you have no reason to believe they will ever work, then that sounds like a proper case for euthenasia to me. Trying to continually force treatments is kind of like ignoring a DNR order at that point.
    Sad part is if this wont ever be allowed i think that if someone truly wants to die they will do it themselves and sadly have another person or relative find them and inturn cause trauma for them.

  3. #63
    High Overlord Dezmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Akama - US
    Posts
    174
    so sad she didn't even have a chance to live a life, with all the trauma she faced her mind was further poisoned by the people around her who encouraged her to kill herself.

  4. #64
    This is fucking bullshit. At age 17 people don't have fully developed emotions, thoughts, world view. And their hormones and body is still a mess. I remember my sister had her "emo" stage at that age, now she is a happy mother with 2 children. I get it, rape is emotionally horrible, but wast majority or rape victims learn to live with it. They get help to process the trauma, not help to kill themselves

    Whoever allowed this to happen should be arrested and her parents deserve a special place in hell.
    Last edited by Vilendor; 2019-06-05 at 06:12 AM.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I think it'll come down to seeing serious depression as another kind of disease. Some people, like myself, recover from it with support, others never do. This is no different than any other.

    If you've tried many treatments, and they dont work, and you have no reason to believe they will ever work, then that sounds like a proper case for euthenasia to me. Trying to continually force treatments is kind of like ignoring a DNR order at that point.
    Depends mental illness isn't like physical illness, which is why it's not treated the same medically. Some times people are unresponsive only to become responsive, some people get better by them selves with time. The brain is so poorly understood its hard to make definates, you can never say for definates that some one with depression will always suffer just as you can't tell what drug will and won't work in a schizophrenic till you try it. Each case is so different and personal you can't make those kind of definite statements about long term prognosis. Certainly not after only 3 years. I mean for a start she's only 17 so her brain hasnt even finished maturing and is prime for developing new path ways.

    I think in this case they haven't explored all other options which is there duty of xare befor euthanasia and there facilitating the suicide of a depressed person.

    But either way, this bodes Ill for those who campaign for euthanasia in country's that don't have it, this will be held as a case study against it I can see it :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahlah View Post
    There's a reason most developers use macs which has to do with coding value and not just some oversimplified argument regarding price tag and because of this I have a mac laptop for my work in the tech industry
    honestly pissed my self laughing, macs for software dev...yea right.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Depends mental illness isn't like physical illness, which is why it's not treated the same medically. Some times people are unresponsive only to become responsive, some people get better by them selves with time. The brain is so poorly understood its hard to make definates, you can never say for definates that some one with depression will always suffer just as you can't tell what drug will and won't work in a schizophrenic till you try it. Each case is so different and personal you can't make those kind of definite statements about long term prognosis. Certainly not after only 3 years. I mean for a start she's only 17 so her brain hasnt even finished maturing and is prime for developing new path ways.
    I mean usually when you try different psychiatric drug regimes, you will try a drug for a full six months and then if it does not work well spend some time off before you try the next. I have a bipolar friend who went through four different drugs before they finally found one that worked for him, a process that took more than two years. And after all drugs fail there are more extreme responses through psychosurgery. The issue is that the stigma against psychosurgery and the fact that the disciplines are firmly split means very few people will ever see it as a credible option. DBS and ECT both provably work but most people would never consider them and many find them barbaric (largely because of how ECT was used in the past involuntarily and how the media have utilized this graphically over the decades).

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    Over a few years they should castrate, torture then slowly kill her rapist.
    This should be the crime for rape, minus the killing part. Throw them in prison, let other scumbags (who have ever-so-slightly better morals) rape and kill them.
    For the record, some of the most hardened criminals have morals regarding rape, ESPECIALLY towards children/minors. These bastards wouldn't last a week.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

  8. #68
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    729
    This speaks to the failure of their mental health system rather than their law itself. Euthanasia should be legal; problem is that the law can't determine if the person is mentally 'well'.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean usually when you try different psychiatric drug regimes, you will try a drug for a full six months and then if it does not work well spend some time off before you try the next. I have a bipolar friend who went through four different drugs before they finally found one that worked for him, a process that took more than two years. And after all drugs fail there are more extreme responses through psychosurgery. The issue is that the stigma against psychosurgery and the fact that the disciplines are firmly split means very few people will ever see it as a credible option. DBS and ECT both provably work but most people would never consider them and many find them barbaric (largely because of how ECT was used in the past involuntarily and how the media have utilized this graphically over the decades).
    Yea, but one thing about all that is it takes time, alot of time and the worse you have it the longer the process, and often the longer the wait as well to get treatment, I just can't see how all avenues have been exhausted here which is a pre cursor to being approved for uthanasia, this smells really fishy thinking about it tbh. There's no way she's run through all possible treatments. And this isn't a thing you can just wander in and sign up for it, it's tied up in alot of legality and really has to be the last resort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahlah View Post
    There's a reason most developers use macs which has to do with coding value and not just some oversimplified argument regarding price tag and because of this I have a mac laptop for my work in the tech industry
    honestly pissed my self laughing, macs for software dev...yea right.

  10. #70
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    729
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    This should be the crime for rape, minus the killing part. Throw them in prison, let other scumbags (who have ever-so-slightly better morals) rape and kill them.
    For the record, some of the most hardened criminals have morals regarding rape, ESPECIALLY towards children/minors. These bastards wouldn't last a week.
    Everyone has morals. Child molesters might believe murder is wrong, and those 'hardened criminals' might believe hurting children is wrong, but adults are free to be tortured and killed. It's reeeaaaaallll hard for me to defend child molesters here, but I think you're giving 'hardened criminals' too high a pedestal.

  11. #71
    Maybe now that the full extent of mental and physical suffering that rape survivors go through becomes apparent, our "slap-on-the-wrist stay-out-of-trouble" justice system will finally catch up with reality and allow brutal torture and execution of rapists. That's the only way to deter this scum.

    p.s. You know what helps rape survivors feel better? When their abusers get brutally tortured and executed. Who do you care more about? An innocent girl whose was ruined or a scumbag that will keep ruining other people's lives until he is put down like a rabid dog?
    Last edited by Wilfire; 2019-06-05 at 06:37 AM.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Attention seekers do a lot of things, sometimes those things end in death.
    Attention seekers don't go through all the trouble of having to get a Doctor to legally sign off on their euthanasia...they'll just cut their wrists or take some pills.

    It's unfortunate, but these kids too often just take the easy way out rather than deal with their problems.
    So which is it...was she just seeking attention or was she taking the easy way out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Yea, but one thing about all that is it takes time, alot of time and the worse you have it the longer the process, and often the longer the wait as well to get treatment, I just can't see how all avenues have been exhausted here which is a pre cursor to being approved for uthanasia, this smells really fishy thinking about it tbh. There's no way she's run through all possible treatments. And this isn't a thing you can just wander in and sign up for it, it's tied up in alot of legality and really has to be the last resort.
    Yeah that's pretty much what I am saying. Plus when it comes to psychiatric conditions, there are a lot of "last resorts" that are often not even considered because the media have taught people they are wrong even when there is ample medical proof that they are effective.

    There is just a big moral difference between legal euthanasia for a terminal patient, and legal euthanasia on demand. This simply seems to be the latter.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Maybe now that the full extent of mental and physical suffering that rape survivors go through becomes apparent, our "slap-on-the-wrist stay-out-of-trouble" justice system will finally catch up with reality and allow brutal torture and execution of rapists. That's the only way to deter this scum.
    People are not detered from crimes by execution, as is most evident by the fact that the death penalty does not really reduce crime rates. Criminals largely believe they will not get caught. Torturing someone requires for someone to become a torturer. Do you volunteer?

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    People are not detered from crimes by execution, as is most evident by the fact that the death penalty does not really reduce crime rates. Criminals largely believe they will not get caught. Torturing someone requires for someone to become a torturer. Do you volunteer?
    That's because death penalty has never been implemented properly. It's too abstract for most people to grasp. Execute people regularly, broadcast their executions to the public on national T.V. and make it something appropriate like drowning, hanging and quartering and scumbags will learn to live in fear of justice.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    That's because death penalty has never been implemented properly. It's too abstract for most people to grasp. Execute people regularly, broadcast their executions to the public on national T.V. and make it something appropriate like drowning, hanging and quartering and scumbags will learn to live in fear of justice.
    Yeah! When England publically drowned, quartered and hanged people the crime rate was much lower.

    Oh wait...

    Higher! I meant higher!

    Stupid idea, stays stupid over the centuries.

    There is a simple reason why punishment isn't the deterrent some people think it to be: The simple fact, that everyone who plans a crime, doesn't calculate being caught. And it makes sense, doesn't it? If I don't think i can get away, i wouldn't do it in the first place.

    Crimes from affect: While there is no planning involved where this question would come up, the same goes for the deterrent.

    So no - punishment as deterrent is not useful.
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2019-06-05 at 06:46 AM.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    yeah , i mean her life have shown her the true face of the world : anybody can , on a whim , wreck your life and leave you broken

    it would have been weirder if she'd choose to live in this world after what she been throught

    good on her, i hope she's gone with a smile.
    Did she live in some different dimension or different planet?

    No, she lived in the same world as we all did.

    By your logic, shouldn't you go off yourself too?

  17. #77
    Yikes 4 pages of blaming her
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8


  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Yikes 4 pages of blaming her
    the majority of the posts are not blaming her.

  19. #79
    Far be it from me to be able to put myself in her shoes, but your brain isn't even fully developed by then to be able to make such a permanent decision. No amount of mental anguish is worth ending your life. Life is far to precious to let demons get the better of you.

  20. #80
    The Lightbringer Dr Assbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,664
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    I'd be genuinely surprised if anyone in this thread has been.
    I have, by 5 men when I was 15.

    I couldn't sleep for the longest time afterwards or confide in my parents or anyone else since it basically destroys a part of you and takes away your innocence. It ruined sex for me for the longest time and I too suffered from many bouts of depression.

    But things do get better. Back when I was in my teens I couldn't possibly imagine ever being happy again but with treatment and therapy I now don't even need anti-depressants and feel I came out stronger for it. Everyone suffers in their own way but not everyone can handle traumatic situations which can also lead to psychosis or severe psychological issues apart from severe clinical depression.

    I think it's tragic and sad that she didn't think there was any other way out and apart from her frequent hospitalizations I'm not sure how much her depression was tackled, but ultimately it was her decision even if I don't agree with it. Even a manic patient who isn't in their right mind can deny receiving treatment that would almost definitely make them better.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

    I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •