Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    Over a few years they should castrate, torture then slowly kill her rapist.
    This should be the crime for rape, minus the killing part. Throw them in prison, let other scumbags (who have ever-so-slightly better morals) rape and kill them.
    For the record, some of the most hardened criminals have morals regarding rape, ESPECIALLY towards children/minors. These bastards wouldn't last a week.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    This speaks to the failure of their mental health system rather than their law itself. Euthanasia should be legal; problem is that the law can't determine if the person is mentally 'well'.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean usually when you try different psychiatric drug regimes, you will try a drug for a full six months and then if it does not work well spend some time off before you try the next. I have a bipolar friend who went through four different drugs before they finally found one that worked for him, a process that took more than two years. And after all drugs fail there are more extreme responses through psychosurgery. The issue is that the stigma against psychosurgery and the fact that the disciplines are firmly split means very few people will ever see it as a credible option. DBS and ECT both provably work but most people would never consider them and many find them barbaric (largely because of how ECT was used in the past involuntarily and how the media have utilized this graphically over the decades).
    Yea, but one thing about all that is it takes time, alot of time and the worse you have it the longer the process, and often the longer the wait as well to get treatment, I just can't see how all avenues have been exhausted here which is a pre cursor to being approved for uthanasia, this smells really fishy thinking about it tbh. There's no way she's run through all possible treatments. And this isn't a thing you can just wander in and sign up for it, it's tied up in alot of legality and really has to be the last resort.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    This should be the crime for rape, minus the killing part. Throw them in prison, let other scumbags (who have ever-so-slightly better morals) rape and kill them.
    For the record, some of the most hardened criminals have morals regarding rape, ESPECIALLY towards children/minors. These bastards wouldn't last a week.
    Everyone has morals. Child molesters might believe murder is wrong, and those 'hardened criminals' might believe hurting children is wrong, but adults are free to be tortured and killed. It's reeeaaaaallll hard for me to defend child molesters here, but I think you're giving 'hardened criminals' too high a pedestal.

Maybe now that the full extent of mental and physical suffering that rape survivors go through becomes apparent, our "slap-on-the-wrist stay-out-of-trouble" justice system will finally catch up with reality and allow brutal torture and execution of rapists. That's the only way to deter this scum.

p.s. You know what helps rape survivors feel better? When their abusers get brutally tortured and executed. Who do you care more about? An innocent girl whose was ruined or a scumbag that will keep ruining other people's lives until he is put down like a rabid dog?
    Last edited by Wilfire; 2019-06-05 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Attention seekers do a lot of things, sometimes those things end in death.
    Attention seekers don't go through all the trouble of having to get a Doctor to legally sign off on their euthanasia...they'll just cut their wrists or take some pills.

It's unfortunate, but these kids too often just take the easy way out rather than deal with their problems.
    So which is it...was she just seeking attention or was she taking the easy way out?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

People are not detered from crimes by execution, as is most evident by the fact that the death penalty does not really reduce crime rates. Criminals largely believe they will not get caught. Torturing someone requires for someone to become a torturer. Do you volunteer?
    That's because death penalty has never been implemented properly. It's too abstract for most people to grasp. Execute people regularly, broadcast their executions to the public on national T.V. and make it something appropriate like drowning, hanging and quartering and scumbags will learn to live in fear of justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    That's because death penalty has never been implemented properly. It's too abstract for most people to grasp. Execute people regularly, broadcast their executions to the public on national T.V. and make it something appropriate like drowning, hanging and quartering and scumbags will learn to live in fear of justice.
    Yeah! When England publically drowned, quartered and hanged people the crime rate was much lower.

Oh wait...

Higher! I meant higher!

Stupid idea, stays stupid over the centuries.

There is a simple reason why punishment isn't the deterrent some people think it to be: The simple fact, that everyone who plans a crime, doesn't calculate being caught. And it makes sense, doesn't it? If I don't think i can get away, i wouldn't do it in the first place.

Crimes from affect: While there is no planning involved where this question would come up, the same goes for the deterrent.

So no - punishment as deterrent is not useful.
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2019-06-05 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    yeah , i mean her life have shown her the true face of the world : anybody can , on a whim , wreck your life and leave you broken

it would have been weirder if she'd choose to live in this world after what she been throught

good on her, i hope she's gone with a smile.
    Did she live in some different dimension or different planet?

No, she lived in the same world as we all did.

By your logic, shouldn't you go off yourself too?

Yikes 4 pages of blaming her
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Far be it from me to be able to put myself in her shoes, but your brain isn't even fully developed by then to be able to make such a permanent decision. No amount of mental anguish is worth ending your life. Life is far to precious to let demons get the better of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    I'd be genuinely surprised if anyone in this thread has been.
    I have, by 5 men when I was 15.

I couldn't sleep for the longest time afterwards or confide in my parents or anyone else since it basically destroys a part of you and takes away your innocence. It ruined sex for me for the longest time and I too suffered from many bouts of depression.

But things do get better. Back when I was in my teens I couldn't possibly imagine ever being happy again but with treatment and therapy I now don't even need anti-depressants and feel I came out stronger for it. Everyone suffers in their own way but not everyone can handle traumatic situations which can also lead to psychosis or severe psychological issues apart from severe clinical depression.

I think it's tragic and sad that she didn't think there was any other way out and apart from her frequent hospitalizations I'm not sure how much her depression was tackled, but ultimately it was her decision even if I don't agree with it. Even a manic patient who isn't in their right mind can deny receiving treatment that would almost definitely make them better.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

If she wanted to die who is someone else to tell her she has to live?

If someone else doesn't like suicide and thinks they have a lot to live for they're free to not kill themselves.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2019-06-05 at 07:33 AM.

Don't get people who think suicide is weak. Must take tremendous courage and determination, especially in this case when it's not impulsive, not that I think most suicides are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heck that's the main issue with bipolar people, not that we cannot treat them but that they refuse treatment.
    Sadly the world never found a proper replacement for psychiatric facilities for long term care. All we did was create a lot of homeless people who we could help but we'd have to violate their rights to do so. It is a compelling moral quandary.
    This pretty much. Ethical restraints and such are important but in these cases I think discussion should be had about treating people not in their right mind especially if they had a history of having a normal functioning life, and if still after treatment they want to take extreme measures or deny further treatment then leave them to it.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's stupid, but it's her choice so.. Meh?

IMO assisted suicide should only be available to people who are dying from a terminal illness to avoid intense pain while dying from that illness. It should be required that the person will die soon with no hope of survival. Attempting suicide multiple times (she's just going to try to kill herself anyway) is not good enough to warrant helping someone kill themself. It also isn't solely to avoid pain as then you get a situation like this where someone lives in pain, but is otherwise going to live.

While the trauma this girl experienced was horrible and would have great negative consequences on anyone's mental health, I think the medical community let her down with their treatment. You don't just let someone die because they have PTSD and are depressed from past trauma, you do everything you can to help the mental pain.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    damn it, so many edgy people that know nothing about the process of legal euthanasia or just straight saying she was some angsty teen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euthan...he_Netherlands
    https://www.knmg.nl/actualiteit-opin...etherlands.htm

Here, read up for those that actually care before just ramming hollow talking points in.
    she was not some edgy teen who wanted to off herself on a Tuesday and was "put down" on the next Wednesday.
    It is a lengthy process that requires multiple doctors to sign off on the "unbearable suffering " criteria, this is not so easily met as doctors MUST exhaust all other options over time before this is considered.

It goes through a review committee as well, before and after the act.
    if any physician fails to report it and is known to have assisted in euthanasia they will be most likely prosecuted.

Pretty goddamn easy to say she should just shrug it off, part of me thinks too that in the end she may have recovered, but I was not in her shoes for all those years of forced admittance and being in some kind of nightmare every day apparently.

Agree with the process or not, but don't pretend you can just walk in to a random physician and claim you wanna go and the next day you'll be dead.
    That is NOT how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    This. Idiotic teens are stubborn enough to stand their grounds until the bitter end. Thank god that shit isn't legal in America.
    Well, you don't need that shit in murrica. Chances are you'll get randomly shot anyway.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Boo fucking hoo. We as a society put rape on this weird fucking pedestal of being the most horrible shit that there is. News flash: if you get away with all your bits attached it wasn't the embodiment of hell people make it out to be.
    why you don't go experience it and then come back to us? you seem to be really mad that people are defending rape victims instead of victim blaming.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.