Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on you. Fool me...
    very funny, making fun of a girl for being molested at 12 and raped a few years later.
    Anonymity really working out for you neh ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Get the fuck out of here.
    Thank you for making it obvious.

RIP

What's known about the rapist? Links?

10+ Year Old Account
    so much victim blaming going on in this thread.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on you. Fool me...
    That about sums it up...

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Did we read the same thing? The girl was raped and severly traumatized to the point where she sought legal assisted suicide instead of whining about it online and you have the stones to claim it was attention seeking?
    Death is not the answer which ever way you look at it, it's very selfish what she has done. She has set the clock back in allowing legal assisted suicide for people who really need it, people who have horrible painful and terminal diseases who now have to suffer because this is exactly why our govt in the UK will not legalize assisted suicide, because some stupid teenager kills herself because she was depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindai View Post
    Extremely bad luck.
    Not trying to victim blame here but i don't think her parents or even therapist have taught her how to not put herself in certain situations... Hell after the first incident i dont think it would have been a bad idea to carry pepper spray. Just sayin

Edit: really curious about the circumstances in which each rape was done. If that's ever going to surface
    Last edited by Cannibalus; 2019-06-05 at 09:07 AM.

The identity of the rapists is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.
    Nah, I dont think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    Death is not the answer which ever way you look at it, it's very selfish what she has done. She has set the clock back in allowing legal assisted suicide for people who really need it, people who have horrible painful and terminal diseases who now have to suffer because this is exactly why our govt in the UK will not legalize assisted suicide, because some stupid teenager kills herself because she was depressed.
    You're right in saying this is a setback for everyone advocating for euthanasia to be legalised. It is only my personal opinion but I don't think we are ready for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really can't agree with the people who calls her selfish for this. Sure, the end of her life likely caused pain in the ones who cared about her. But guess what, so too should watching her suffer. Is she selfish for just not getting better? Is she selfish for not pretending to be happy so her loved ones wont be sad? Who are we to expect her to live in anguish just because her loved ones might not be able to handle her life ending? Thats what sounds selfish to me. "Just live in constant pain so I won't get sad, ok? Thanks"

Is it possible she might "get through it" sometime in the future? Of course. Maybe if she pushes through years and years and years of literal daily torment she might one day start to appreciate her life (or maybe she wont). Who are we to make the decision for her that the off chance she might be happy one day is worth the torment? A doctor's job shouldnt be to keep their patient alive at any cost, it should be to do what's in the patient's best interest. Sometimes, forcing them to stay alive isn't that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    Not trying to victim blame here but i don't think her parents or even therapist have taught her how to not put herself in certain situations... Hell after the first incident i dont think it would have been a bad idea to carry pepper spray. Just sayin
    I agree to the extent that it's something anyone should/could do in order to protect themselves regardless of previous trauma.
    Best Zindai EU
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I am not one person.

Quote Originally Posted by Valette View Post
    I really can't agree with the people who calls her selfish for this. Sure, the end of her life likely caused pain in the ones who cared about her. But guess what, so too should watching her suffer. Is she selfish for just not getting better? Is she selfish for not pretending to be happy so her loved ones wont be sad? Who are we to expect her to live in anguish just because her loved ones might not be able to handle her life ending? Thats what sounds selfish to me. "Just live in constant pain so I won't get sad, ok? Thanks"

Is it possible she might "get through it" sometime in the future? Of course. Maybe if she pushes through years and years and years of literal daily torment she might one day start to appreciate her life (or maybe she wont). Who are we to make the decision for her that the off chance she might be happy one day is worth the torment? A doctor's job shouldnt be to keep their patient alive at any cost, it should be to do what's in the patient's best interest. Sometimes, forcing them to stay alive isn't that.
    What are you talking about. She was 17. In 20 years she'd have been 37, still young, still strong. She might have achieved lots in her life, maybe kids, a family. You can't really be defending this.

How is it relevant to the girl getting euthanized?
    Because she was a rape victim. The many mental illnesses she suffered because of that, which in turn caused her to want euthanization, was caused by someone else, ergo, the rapist shithead was the root cause of her problems and he should be publicly named and shamed.

I will be very curious to see any links.

Quote Originally Posted by Valette View Post

Someone who gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankabbot View Post
    What are you talking about. She was 17. In 20 years she'd have been 37, still young, still strong. She might have achieved lots in her life, maybe kids, a family. You can't really be defending this.
    Or she could've lived 20 years in hell and suffering. We can't know which direction it would go, but based on the tries made to make her become better it looked like it wouldn't do a difference.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-06-05 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    And when it comes to sexual assault a lot of people are going to be surrounded by shitty people because a majority of sexual assaults happen by family members. Some of those family members are going to defend the rapists and blame the victim. You've been around these forums long enough to see posters here actually blame women for being raped...imagine them as parents.

Also this decision was endorsed by her doctors who saw no improvements being made through other treatment options. Unlike the US that has politicians making medical decisions for rape victims...these doctors were using the facts at hand instead of their feelings.
    This is probably the only good counter-point in this entire thread. In the end, it comes down to culture, because I agree with everything you said up until the doctor's "facts at hand". In my culture, doctors wouldn't be able to make a confirmed kill on a teen in psychological distress. 17 is super young, which is one red flag. The mom having a say in approving the suicide (when we both are thinking she's unfit to keep her child from repetitive abuse and most likely is a shitty parent) is another red flag.

At the end of the day, the girl is done "suffering" and it seems like the only family who might have been sad about her departure from this earth was the one that green lit the suicide in the first place, so if everyone is truly happier, it looks like we at least have a somewhat grim win at the end of the day.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Someone who gets it.
    Someone who gets nothing. Look I understand that things at 13 might seem the end of it all but they really aren't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    This is probably the only good counter-point in this entire thread. In the end, it comes down to culture, because I agree with everything you said up until the doctor's "facts at hand". In my culture, doctors wouldn't be able to make a confirmed kill on a teen in psychological distress. 17 is super young, which is one red flag. The mom having a say in approving the suicide when we both are thinking she's unfit to keep her child from repetitive abuse and most likely a shitty parent is another red flag.

At the end of the day, the girl is done "suffering" and it seems like the only family who might have been sad about her departure from this earth was the one that green lit the suicide in the first place, so if everyone is truly happier, it looks like we at least have a somewhat grim win at the end of the day.
    I don't think there's any victories there for anyone.

What's wrong with an adult choosing to end their own life? Better than being forced to live in misery. Sad story, sadder to see the cucks in this thread who think they can judge people for things they do not know nor understand.

Someone who gets nothing. Look I understand that things at 13 might seem the end of it all but they really aren't.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think there's any victories there for anyone.
    What a mature response.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do agree there is some discussion to be had around her age, for sure. But as far as we could tell from the dutch link Crissi linked earlier, the decision wasnt her's alone. Several medically trained professionals came to the conclusion that not forcing her to live through the torment was in her best interest. And I'll trust in them more than anyone in this thread (including myself).

Quote Originally Posted by derien View Post
    Sounds like attention seeking and the young of the age led to stupid decisions.....
    what a special snowflake