Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Got some bad news for you bruh
    Not exactly news, I played Feral since Vanilla. I was rather stating my reasoning.

Agi increased crit chance. Spirit increased health regen. Int increased the chance for weapon skillups.
    Then why didn't Plate have Str and Agi, why didn't Leather&Mail also have Str? Because it was a half-cocked system that only was fixed later.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    No it wasnt. It makes sense that items are not perfectly suited to your spec and class. Inperfections makes world more real and imerssive. It is absolute nonsense that every loot drop would have pefect stats for everyone.
    Gear itemization/optimization to reduce farming/development time is a perfectly reasonable stance to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post

Then why didn't Plate have Str and Agi, why didn't Leather&Mail also have Str? Because it was a half-cocked system that only was fixed later.
    There are a bunch of items with str and agi for all 3 of those armor types.

Then why didn't Plate have Str and Agi, why didn't Leather&Mail also have Str?
    1. there are lots of items like that

2. this isn't retail where every single piece of gear has the same stats on it just with higher ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Still raiding as Enhancement #changemymind.
    Spec's enhancement but will be healing in raid.........the truth hurts.

- - - Updated - - -

Not exactly news, I played Feral since Vanilla. I was rather stating my reasoning.

Strength on Leather was for bear druids

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Got some bad news for you bruh

- - - Updated - - -

Agi increased crit chance. Spirit increased health regen. Int increased the chance for weapon skillups.

Shoo, retailer.
    Spirit increased health regen out of combat. Weapon skillups are absolutely worthless in raiding. Did you seriously think those arguments would work?

Retailer? I played Classic. Try again. Or don't, because you'll just fail, again.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Pancreatin View Post
    When noone want to invite you to raid you will change it on your own.
    with 40 man raid sizes most are just going to take a competent body who does enough dps. and frankly the dps requirements in vanilla weren't that bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    I guess that's why both TBC and WotLK was a lot more successful than Vanilla, don't get me wrong I love Vanilla and will play the living crap out of it (haven't been invested in live WoW since WoD, and that killed me)... but TBC and WotLK were better games.
    got a source that both tbc and wrath were better then vanilla? tbc i could argue, but wrath saw very minimal growth and started almost everything wrong with the game today.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    with 40 man raid sizes most are just going to take a competent body who does enough dps. and frankly the dps requirements in vanilla weren't that bad.

- - - Updated - - -

got a source that both tbc and wrath were better then vanilla? tbc i could argue, but wrath saw very minimal growth and started almost everything wrong with the game today.
    My thought too about the raids. The perceived difficulty people remember is from having 40 members to keep online at a time when internet and cpus weren’t as good. I’m not saying they were easy by any means because I remember trying Naxx in TBC and getting rocked. If you get in good with people and make friends and know the encounters you’ll be fine.

Wrath was the player peak but also where it started to bleed.

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    My thought too about the raids. The perceived difficulty people remember is from having 40 members to keep online at a time when internet and cpus weren’t as good. I’m not saying they were easy by any means because I remember trying Naxx in TBC and getting rocked. If you get in good with people and make friends and know the encounters you’ll be fine.

Wrath was the player peak but also where it started to bleed.
    1) i mean MC and BWL weren't hard, but Naxx and AQ 40 certainly had bite.

Wrath may have been where players peaked but that doesn't say much because all you have to do is get 1 more player then the expansion before you and "BOOM" we "peaked".
    the fact is that wrath saw very little growth despite how "popular" it is with the fanboys.
    it also introduced many of the elements you see wrong with modern wow (Automated Grouping, Everyone gets a prize, Homogenization, Easy baseline raid difficulty which requires multiple raid difficulties, this patch invalidates all content from the previous patch, no real need to monitor threat, easy mode aoe tank and spank dungeons, etc).

1) i mean MC and BWL weren't hard, but Naxx and AQ 40 certainly had bite.

Wrath may have been where players peaked but that doesn't say much because all you have to do is get 1 more player then the expansion before you and "BOOM" we "peaked".
    the fact is that wrath saw very little growth despite how "popular" it is with the fanboys.
    it also introduced many of the elements you see wrong with modern wow (Automated Grouping, Everyone gets a prize, Homogenization, Easy baseline raid difficulty which requires multiple raid difficulties, this patch invalidates all content from the previous patch, no real need to monitor threat, easy mode aoe tank and spank dungeons, etc).
    When did everyone get a prize in wrath? What was homogenized? Kick? The “easy” difficulty was a result of poor naxx tuning. Personally I liked the optional hard mode bosses. Threat was MUCH less of a factor but was still there. Easy mode dungeons o agree with. Then they tried to bring back hard one in Cata and people had already gotten used to the easy lnes

This was the reason they implemented the Epic PVP gear and the Tier 2.5 during Vanilla, because players wanted to utilize off-specs. If they inevitably decide to create new Classic content and a Tier 3.5 after the initial run then rest assured they will again account for off-specs.

When did everyone get a prize in wrath? What was homogenized? Kick? The “easy” difficulty was a result of poor naxx tuning. Personally I liked the optional hard mode bosses. Threat was MUCH less of a factor but was still there. Easy mode dungeons o agree with. Then they tried to bring back hard one in Cata and people had already gotten used to the easy lnes
    everyone get a prize? when badge gear gave tier pieces and every single patch brought a fresh new almost complete set of epics.
    homogenization? everyone got aoe, everyone got utility, everyone got roughly equal damage, everyone got cc, etc.
    threat was a non factor, sorry.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm not sure why people equate WoTLK with having to 'work' for gear in any regard. Badge gear was updated every major patch and allowed you to acquire two pieces of tier gear from doing arguably the easiest iteration of dungeon content this game has ever seen. At least for the first two tiers (before they had dedicated hard mode tier gear in ToGC and ICC), you essentially could just flat out buy two pieces of your tier gear from a vendor (and even in ToGC/ICC, you could get what we would call the heroic version variant today).

TBC introduced this as well, but only in two iterations. One of them was at the end of the expansion, while the other launched with the product. Sure people just did easiest dungeons and Karazhan for badges, but those things were a million times more difficult than WoTLK dungeons.

Realistically outside of fringe cases in TBC, I don't remember threat ever being a thing in WoTK unless you did something obscenely stupid.

This isn't me shitting on WoTLK either, I realize that everybody likes different things. However, trying to jam Vanilla/TBC/WoTLK together like they were pretty much the same is pretty disingenuous. Just because they share the unbroken version of the world prior to Cataclysm and the old school version of talent trees, doesn't mean that they don't differ drastically in nearly every other area, especially game design and overall direction of the game.

TBC is as close to a spiritual successor to Vanilla as you're going to get, and even then there are pretty huge changes between the two (and that's fine). WoTLK by comparison is almost a completely different product (for better or worse, depending on your view point).

everyone get a prize? when badge gear gave tier pieces and every single patch brought a fresh new almost complete set of epics.
    homogenization? everyone got aoe, everyone got utility, everyone got roughly equal damage, everyone got cc, etc.
    threat was a non factor, sorry.
    The badge stuff started in BC buddy but youre right that they added tier to badge vendors. BUT you still had to farm for all of that stuff it wasn't do one daily and get an epic. What AoE and CC did they add aside from Mind Flay and FoK?

The badge stuff started in BC buddy but youre right that they added tier to badge vendors. BUT you still had to farm for all of that stuff it wasn't do one daily and get an epic. What AoE and CC did they add aside from Mind Flay and FoK?
    1) badge gear didn't get updates every patch in bc.
    2) badge gear didn't give you a complete set of gear the way it did in wrath.
    3) farm for that stuff? ooh go run a few piss easy heroics. so hard. and by the end you could bypass the run restrictions by using LFD and run heroics as many times as you could queue.
    4) they changed up druid cc to be usuable no matter where (roots), they gave shaman hex, warlocks got glyph of fear, repentance was buffed and made completely viable...
    Last edited by AceofH; 2019-06-09 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure why people equate WoTLK with having to 'work' for gear in any regard. Badge gear was updated every major patch and allowed you to acquire two pieces of tier gear from doing arguably the easiest iteration of dungeon content this game has ever seen. At least for the first two tiers (before they had dedicated hard mode tier gear in ToGC and ICC), you essentially could just flat out buy two pieces of your tier gear from a vendor (and even in ToGC/ICC, you could get what we would call the heroic version variant today).

TBC introduced this as well, but only in two iterations. One of them was at the end of the expansion, while the other launched with the product. Sure people just did easiest dungeons and Karazhan for badges, but those things were a million times more difficult than WoTLK dungeons.

Realistically outside of fringe cases in TBC, I don't remember threat ever being a thing in WoTK unless you did something obscenely stupid.

This isn't me shitting on WoTLK either, I realize that everybody likes different things. However, trying to jam Vanilla/TBC/WoTLK together like they were pretty much the same is pretty disingenuous. Just because they share the unbroken version of the world prior to Cataclysm and the old school version of talent trees, doesn't mean that they don't differ drastically in nearly every other area, especially game design and overall direction of the game.

TBC is as close to a spiritual successor to Vanilla as you're going to get, and even then there are pretty huge changes between the two (and that's fine). WoTLK by comparison is almost a completely different product (for better or worse, depending on your view point).
    Thats all true and I can agree with it but they switched the game design team structure at that point. Wrath changed a lot in the game and not all of it was great. LFD was a nice addition but the dungeons were STUPID easy. Wrath ALSO added in faceroll bosses that dropped tier/pvp gear. I played fury warrior in early Wrath when it was overtuned and threat was an issue even if i waited....maybe it was the tanks?

Classic/TBC/WotLK shouldnt be treated as pretty much the same even though they are but talents are the big link.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirain1 View Post
    Ehh... just because they changed it doesn't mean it was bad. They've changed plenty of things for the worse.
    They changed it because it sucked....it was absolutely horrible, one of the worst things about vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post

It's been a while since I played wrath, but IIRC the vendors to buy tier came later on. I think you had to actually raid Naxx/Ulduar in order to get your tier. At least while the content was relevant.

10+ Year Old Account

There was some plate that had Agi on it...leather/mail didn't really need Str because Agi increased AP and Crit for them.

1) badge gear didn't get updates every patch in bc.
    2) badge gear didn't give you a complete set of gear the way it did in wrath.
    3) farm for that stuff? ooh go run a few piss easy heroics. so hard. and by the end you could bypass the run restrictions by using LFD and run heroics as many times as you could queue.
    4) they changed up druid cc to be usuable no matter where (roots), they gave shaman hex, warlocks got glyph of fear, repentance was buffed and made completely viable...
    Man look. I dont want to argue about expansions. I just started off pointing out that Wrath was the peak. Yes, it gained what 2mill more players that TBC but they also pushed advertising around that time and it focused on Arthas. They did some dumb shit in Wrath like the easy peasy dungeons, VoA, and too much vendor gear.

"Best" expansion is subjective but Wrath WAS the player peak. Vanilla had the most engaging world. TBC FELT good in raiding and pvp. Wrath they tried to add a lot, some failed, some flew.

Im looking forward to experiencing vanilla again as some wacky spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    It's been a while since I played wrath, but IIRC the vendors to buy tier came later on. I think you had to actually raid Naxx/Ulduar in order to get your tier. At least while the content was relevant.
    They sold 2 piece tier from vendors. TOC and ICC had vendors for the whole set.