Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Will Blizzard keep the azerite system in next expansion?

Okay so Im pretty sure im not the first person asking this question... But I really wonder if the azerite system will stay or be removed in the future. I REALLY hope they will remove it and focus on other things in the game such as new quest mechanics and stuff like that. Make the world feel more alive etc.

Because if they keep it... I really think the game will die and ppl will move on to other games. Which is already happening but I guess there is a small hope left for this game if they make next xpac great!

What do you guys think will happen? Will they keep it? Is it to late already? Or will they remove it and maybe save the game with new awesome xpac?

Azerite Gear, just like Artifact Weapons before, are an expansion feature, and will not continue as-is. However, I'm 100% sure that there will be another approach at secondary progression. Hopefully with lessons learned and the best from both Legion and BfA systems.

Nooope, they should have kept artifact weapons around imo, most likely they probably drop this gimmick all together or move to something else like a full set of class themed artifact armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Hopefully with lessons learned and the best from both Legion and BfA systems.
    So the legion system then?

yes and no... no in that it wont be azerite but i suspect something similar... like void essence for a void based ring or something (assuming we get void expac)
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz needs to move away from the infinite grind path that they have been persuing the last couple expansions, and pay more attention to class design. There really is no point on adding Expansion spanning "insert-item-here" grinding when the classes are all much of a muchness to play. Many sins can be forgiven if the clases are at least compelling. Covering those sins with BfAs Heart of Azeroth, or the Legion Legendaries having much needed class/spec QoL effects that should've been baseline just aint gonna cut it anymore.

Azerite system is cancer. While on paper, as an idea, it might have looked good and engaging, it's trash in reality.

If Blizzard likes the artifact system, then they should have just allowed us to keep our artifact weapons, even if it meant no new traits for them, only paragon levels.

Imo instead of revamping talent trees every now and then, they should have made expansion-specific trees, with skill points gained in specific level range. Tied to an armor piece forever more if needed.

For example:
    1) 1-60 - original vanilla talent trees
    2) 60-70 - second set of talents for TBC
    3) 70-80 - third set for WotLK
    etc.

Could get abit too complex, but hey, atleast it would have made those who miss the old talent trees happy for once.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No, it’ll be replaced with something worse in 9.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Azerite Gear, just like Artifact Weapons before, are an expansion feature, and will not continue as-is. However, I'm 100% sure that there will be another approach at secondary progression. Hopefully with lessons learned and the best from both Legion and BfA systems.
    They couldn't nail it either expansion, they need to just drop it. Legion at least had class identity tied to them, until they didn't(which happened extremely fast) and BFA had zero identity in the system with a bunch of boring passives that really didn't add anything to gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope not. AP is the worst thing ever added to the game.

They will as long as ion and his elitist jerk attitude permeates in wow development.

It’s a shame because it is the most unpopular addition in wow history and they refuse to remove it and double down

dunno if its the most unpopular addition but it's just not engaging enough

15+ Year Old Account
    The system works fine as an additional progression system. The problem is people have this need to always be complete so instead of just naturally earning the azerite power or artifact power as they play they get this idea that they must grind it over and over to be desired in a group settings. That's "not" Blizzard's fault. That's on the players.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Azerite system is cancer. While on paper, as an idea, it might have looked good and engaging, it's trash in reality.

If Blizzard likes the artifact system, then they should have just allowed us to keep our artifact weapons, even if it meant no new traits for them, only paragon levels.

Imo instead of revamping talent trees every now and then, they should have made expansion-specific trees, with skill points gained in specific level range. Tied to an armor piece forever more if needed.

For example:
    1) 1-60 - original vanilla talent trees
    2) 60-70 - second set of talents for TBC
    3) 70-80 - third set for WotLK
    etc.

Could get abit too complex, but hey, atleast it would have made those who miss the old talent trees happy for once.
    What I was hoping is to keep the artifact weapon a second expansion, have it expanded, and essentially have Argus have been its own expac where we invaded Argus akin to passing through the dark portal to Outland and freeing a broken world.

And I fully agree on your comment about Azerite - good idea on paper, but doesnt execute.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    The system works fine as an additional progression system. The problem is people have this need to always be complete so instead of just naturally earning the azerite power or artifact power as they play they get this idea that they must grind it over and over to be desired in a group settings. That's "not" Blizzard's fault. That's on the players.
    Why are you so loud?

It's mad stupid that people don't realize that azerite pieces are leaps and bounds ahead of tier gear and are just "muh feels, i cant unlock everything day wun" and miss that.

No

/10certainchars

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saar View Post
    Okay so Im pretty sure im not the first person asking this question... But I really wonder if the azerite system will stay or be removed in the future. I REALLY hope they will remove it and focus on other things in the game such as new quest mechanics and stuff like that. Make the world feel more alive etc.

Because if they keep it... I really think the game will die and ppl will move on to other games. Which is already happening but I guess there is a small hope left for this game if they make next xpac great!

What do you guys think will happen? Will they keep it? Is it to late already? Or will they remove it and maybe save the game with new awesome xpac?
    Hope not.

It's clear that Artifact Weapons and Azerite Necklace have failed and they should go back to the good old way of gearing as progression, If they happened to forget how to do It they should go back to look at TBC/Wrath and hell, even MoP style of gearing that they did, It aint that hard. If It aint broke, don't fix it and most importantly for blizz: DONT REINVENT THE WHEEL EVERY DAMN EXPANSION.

See what a game like Final fantasy 14 has done since A Realm Reborn? 3 expansions In and their classes are -fine-, they change here and there a bit but there's been no drastic wipe sweeping changes like to WoW classes. The classes of today are indestinquishable from the ones 10 years ago.

Where's my heroic strike on my arms warrior?
    Where's my hemorhagge on my subtelty rogue?
    Where's my Sinister Strike (With the REAL AUDIO SOUND IT HAD NOT THIS SLICING SHIZ that remains from the Legion Slice ability Outlaws had)
    Where's my Recklessness for all warriors? Bladestorm/Whirlwind + Recklessness = spin to win
    Where's my Shattering Throw for warriors?
    Where's my traps for all my hunters?
    Where's my totems for all my shaman?
    Where's my Warrior Stances/Monk Forms/Death Knight Presences/Paladin Auras for all my classes?
    Where's my poisons for all rogues? How did I unlearn to add poisons to my swords as an Outlaw or subtlety?
    Where's my Mage? You're not an ARCHMAGE whose learnt to specialize In 1 spec while knowing the other 3 well enough, no you're -just- a fire mage, frost mage or arcane mage.

And to that last point, there's three times as much classes nowadays since Legion, because they all feel so different In each spec and that's bad. I mean how did my fire mage forget how to use arcane explosion, or arcane missiles or frost barrier? I'm a -mage- and after playing for 14 years I'm the goddamn archmage of the entire freakin universe and should be learning more NEW abilities and not unlearning old ones.

Blizzard has everything upside down when It comes to classes and "CLASS FANTAAAASY" ever since MoP and arguably since Cata almost 10 years now, they've been buthered and streamlined.

You know what my paladin class fantasy was? Using this unique ability my paladin had called Divine Intervention back in Vanilla wow. It would kill the caster, but save a group member putting a protective bubble over them, de-agro any and all mobs and restore HP to them (Useful In a overpulling situation In a dungeon, a saving point during a potential wipe etc) Sacrificing myself for a group member, that's what a paladin Is.

You know what my rogue class fantasy was? Using vanish when all my other group members died and laugh my ass off while I wait for them to run back.

Hunter class fantasy? Using a MELEE and RANGED weapon at the same time, specializing In melee abilities that let me create distance between an opponent while still doing damage, putting down traps on ALL classes as well as being able to shoot them somewhere specific and not just put them down at my feet (Keep your ammo pouches, those are annoying)

If Blizzard didn't have so many problems right now Internaly as far as rumours say, I'd love for them to sit down and just think about everything... take weeks If not months to just THINK how to return true class fun and identity, and that's not even half the problems Wow has but It'd be a start. And also not going down another Artifact/Azerite progression path, stop that, It's bad. All you're gonna do Is make us grind endlessly on treadmills to get that 0.00000003566 % damage boost per azerite level and has NO END GOAL. Because you keep moving the goal post. If the Artifact Traits had an end point and you'd not have to put In any more power I'd have been happy, but no they put In more artifact traits for you to dump shit Into and even literally have a dumping trait where you gain like 0.5 % damage increase each time but It takes weeks to get that and you can do It infinitely.

Don't do that, jebus christ. But really even If they say let us have 20 Necklace levels or artifact levels and they would be obtainable on all chars equally long, say a month or two, I'd dig that. But even then, I rather just progress via Gear than anything else. Don't make It this much convoluted because If the last two expansions are an indication of anything, Is that you can't be trusted with such progression Blizzard. And that's not even mentioning how they have a hard on for reusing the damn table missions, the worst feature of WoD.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

God I hope not...Go back to the old school ways, the gear, is the gear, is the gear. Grind to get gear and weapons, and skip the time gating/buff thing.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    Why are you so loud?

It's mad stupid that people don't realize that azerite pieces are leaps and bounds ahead of tier gear and are just "muh feels, i cant unlock everything day wun" and miss that.
    That's more or less what Tharkkun said.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Hope not.

It's clear that Artifact Weapons and Azerite Necklace have failed and they should go back to the good old way of gearing as progression, If they happened to forget how to do It they should go back to look at TBC/Wrath and hell, even MoP style of gearing that they did, It aint that hard. If It aint broke, don't fix it and most importantly for blizz: DONT REINVENT THE WHEEL EVERY DAMN EXPANSION.

See what a game like Final fantasy 14 has done since A Realm Reborn? 3 expansions In and their classes are -fine-, they change here and there a bit but there's been no drastic wipe sweeping changes like to WoW classes. The classes of today are indestinquishable from the ones 10 years ago.

Where's my heroic strike on my arms warrior?
    Where's my hemorhagge on my subtelty rogue?
    Where's my Sinister Strike (With the REAL AUDIO SOUND IT HAD NOT THIS SLICING SHIZ that remains from the Legion Slice ability Outlaws had)
    Where's my Recklessness for all warriors? Bladestorm/Whirlwind + Recklessness = spin to win
    Where's my Shattering Throw for warriors?
    Where's my traps for all my hunters?
    Where's my totems for all my shaman?
    Where's my Warrior Stances/Monk Forms/Death Knight Presences/Paladin Auras for all my classes?
    Where's my poisons for all rogues? How did I unlearn to add poisons to my swords as an Outlaw or subtlety?
    Where's my Mage? You're not an ARCHMAGE whose learnt to specialize In 1 spec while knowing the other 3 well enough, no you're -just- a fire mage, frost mage or arcane mage.

And to that last point, there's three times as much classes nowadays since Legion, because they all feel so different In each spec and that's bad. I mean how did my fire mage forget how to use arcane explosion, or arcane missiles or frost barrier? I'm a -mage- and after playing for 14 years I'm the goddamn archmage of the entire freakin universe and should be learning more NEW abilities and not unlearning old ones.

Blizzard has everything upside down when It comes to classes and "CLASS FANTAAAASY" ever since MoP and arguably since Cata almost 10 years now, they've been buthered and streamlined.

You know what my paladin class fantasy was? Using this unique ability my paladin had called Divine Intervention back in Vanilla wow. It would kill the caster, but save a group member putting a protective bubble over them, de-agro any and all mobs and restore HP to them (Useful In a overpulling situation In a dungeon, a saving point during a potential wipe etc) Sacrificing myself for a group member, that's what a paladin Is.

You know what my rogue class fantasy was? Using vanish when all my other group members died and laugh my ass off while I wait for them to run back.

Hunter class fantasy? Using a MELEE and RANGED weapon at the same time, specializing In melee abilities that let me create distance between an opponent while still doing damage, putting down traps on ALL classes as well as being able to shoot them somewhere specific and not just put them down at my feet (Keep your ammo pouches, those are annoying)

If Blizzard didn't have so many problems right now Internaly as far as rumours say, I'd love for them to sit down and just think about everything... take weeks If not months to just THINK how to return true class fun and identity, and that's not even half the problems Wow has but It'd be a start. And also not going down another Artifact/Azerite progression path, stop that, It's bad. All you're gonna do Is make us grind endlessly on treadmills to get that 0.00000003566 % damage boost per azerite level and has NO END GOAL. Because you keep moving the goal post. If the Artifact Traits had an end point and you'd not have to put In any more power I'd have been happy, but no they put In more artifact traits for you to dump shit Into and even literally have a dumping trait where you gain like 0.5 % damage increase each time but It takes weeks to get that and you can do It infinitely.

Don't do that, jebus christ. But really even If they say let us have 20 Necklace levels or artifact levels and they would be obtainable on all chars equally long, say a month or two, I'd dig that. But even then, I rather just progress via Gear than anything else. Don't make It this much convoluted because If the last two expansions are an indication of anything, Is that you can't be trusted with such progression Blizzard. And that's not even mentioning how they have a hard on for reusing the damn table missions, the worst feature of WoD.
    yes take advice from the banned guy that hasn't played in years.
    Surely he knows whats up