Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Not if they want to keep me as a player.

No way it does. I think they will hang on to IE's and WF's possibly but revamp them in a big way. They aren't much fun right now and they probably know it. Azerite is a terrible system though and they know it now even with the countless feedback threads on the beta forums but w/e. They just stick their fingers in their ears and do what they want.

AP farm (Legion/BFA) is the worst thing that happened to this game, it made me quit raiding, MoP/WoD design was way better with a Legendary that progressed with Content

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saar View Post
    Okay so Im pretty sure im not the first person asking this question... But I really wonder if the azerite system will stay or be removed in the future. I REALLY hope they will remove it and focus on other things in the game such as new quest mechanics and stuff like that. Make the world feel more alive etc.

Because if they keep it... I really think the game will die and ppl will move on to other games. Which is already happening but I guess there is a small hope left for this game if they make next xpac great!

What do you guys think will happen? Will they keep it? Is it to late already? Or will they remove it and maybe save the game with new awesome xpac?
    Too late. They will keep it around in some form or another...just like the table that was introduced in WoD (aka World of Clickcraft). Blizz has become far too lazy to design new things wholecloth.

Like garrions, artifacts/class halls/legion legendaries etc, the azerite armor system, heart of azeroth necklace and the war campaign mission table will not follow us into 9.0.

There might be similar systems as they iterate on things. But azerite as we know it now, will not.

no thanks

azerite feels like a cheap version of the artefact weapons.. was like 10 steps back .

5+ Year Old Account
    AP-like systems can honestly DIAF as far as I am concerned. I've been playing on *censored* Vanilla, WotLK, even MoP servers, and not having to deal with that sort of crap is extremely refreshing, in and out of itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I hope not. At least back in Legion it was better than it is now, but even still, I'd prefer to avoid it.

I don't think they will.

Even with all the improvements, it still feels pretty bad having to get the same gear every patch. I imagine we will have tier sets back again or a different system to do what azerite talents do now without being tied to your gear ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    So the legion system then?
    The legion system also had its flaws. For one it was not scalable into future content, so in 7.2 they bolted the pre-cursor of the Azerite system onto it with chooseable talents.

Putting the powers randomly on dropping gear was a mistake, and they realized that, hence 8.2. The essence system feels promising, you get a list of powers to pick from, and you earn them once and then just pick which one you want to use. Maybe something like that might be in 9.0

Azerite Gear basically became that 7.2 addition exclusively. So there is a good chance that the 9.0 system will be similar to the 8.2 system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Hope not.

It's clear that Artifact Weapons and Azerite Necklace have failed and they should go back to the good old way of gearing as progression.
    Thats only like your opinion man, that not everone shares, so its anything but "clear".

I'm perfectly happy with secondary progression, it added something to the game that it was missing for a long time - a good reason to login outside of raids, a way to progress my character at my pace outside of fixed raiding hours, without group obligations.

I realize some people are perfectly happy to just raid-log and do nothing else, but a lot of us are actually happy to play the game we played for 15 years by now.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2019-06-06 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    The system works fine as an additional progression system. The problem is people have this need to always be complete so instead of just naturally earning the azerite power or artifact power as they play they get this idea that they must grind it over and over to be desired in a group settings. That's "not" Blizzard's fault. That's on the players.

Thats because they are in subpar guilds that think they are ultrahardcore elites and the only thing stopping them from cutting edge on opening week is that you didnt have a lvl 50 neck on opening week.

Hint it isnt the neck that is holding you back despite what your raidleader clown tells you. your group has bigger issues than any neck levels will never solve

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Putting the powers randomly on dropping gear was a mistake, and they realized that, hence 8.2. The essence system feels promising, you get a list of powers to pick from, and you earn them once and then just pick which one you want to use. Maybe something like that might be in 9.0
    What do you mean by "randomly"? The distribution is completely predetermined.

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    so everyone would go straight for bis? what's the point then
    BiS is how the game should be... ditch the excessive RNG, reputation grinds after Exalted, TF/WF on items, etc. Bring back a BiS item that you can FARM on your own time and then call it a day. In addition, bring back Item Upgrades (where I can control the items that I want upgraded, reforging, etc.).

10+ Year Old Account
    They may go with a new iteration of it in 9.0, but at this point I kinda think any mention of a system resembling azerite will torpedo the PR of the next expansion. I sincerely hope they flesh out classes at their core again instead, but if they don't I'll happily just play classic/tbc instead.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    What do you mean by "randomly"? The distribution is completely predetermined.
    The entire point is that different pieces have different powers, and as such it may be really hard to get good pieces - instead of letting you just pick the powers you want like the 8.2 Essence system does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    BiS is how the game should be...
    A game should reward you for playing. It cannot do that if there is nothing to gain anymore.

I am sure Blizzard will find something we have to empower to beat <insert next big villain>.

If, lets say, it will be Sylvanas and the new scourge, the counter for undeath would be the holy light, and we had some massive holy item in our inventory which we would want to use to destroy Sylvanas new dagger at some point. And we had to do heroic deeds to load it with holy energy.

Or if, lets say, it will be some kind of big void lord, we would have to utilize something undead to counter it. Think about a vodoo puppet made out of bones we have to empower, which would become the ultimate weaspon against all the void around, after we loaded t up with undead magic while we killed all those creatures in our upcoming world quests.
    Last edited by Fred Skinner; 2019-06-06 at 09:21 PM.

Some kind of max level "collect widget to increase/unlock the power of your toon or their gear" yes, Azerite specifically no. I think the Artifact Power style system is here to stay as a carrot to motivate play.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Typically, when you do that you say something that indicates agreement. Not annoyance.
    rofl okay I can see that you don't use social media

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    The entire point is that different pieces have different powers, and as such it may be really hard to get good pieces - instead of letting you just pick the powers you want like the 8.2 Essence system does.

- - - Updated - - -

A game should reward you for playing. It cannot do that if there is nothing to gain anymore.
    you want the drop from shrine, you go to shrine.
    ???? what am i missing? bc you cant roll the 1725 piece you want? that's what the 7k azerite piece is for.

There's no way in hell they keep it based of the community reaction to it as well as the fact that they've already started phasing it out in just the 2nd large patch of BfA. Hell, Ion even said they started working on revamping it 7 months ago which means they knew it was terrible when BfA launched.
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte Aorus X570S Elite AX | Teamgroup DDR4 4000mhz 32GB RAM | Zotac RTX 4070 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB + SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB | Windows 11 Pro

“When you've burned the bridges behind you, don't go starting a fire on the one in front of you.” ― Steven Erikson, The Bonehunters

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they won't. And the shelf life on that whole system is past it's due date. They can rest the system for an expansion or modify it again with what they know about it and bring it back in some other form. Hopefully they will have learned something.

I don't think it's a terrible system in theory. But their implementation of it hasn't been good. Much like a lot of their implementation of expansion specific systems. Most have been OK ideas but needed iteration. That's what Blizzard used to do and the way they're doing these expansion-only systems is fairly half-assed. Hopefully, they'll follow through and do as they've indicated and do much less of this. Keep the good and make it better, look at the bad but still a good idea and rethink.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."