Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    News from 1984 with Soviet propaganda, published by Christian Science Monitor.

I don't usually attack the source, but come on...
    its like this person doesn't even know what went into planning D-day or the required weather for the attack, or even the timer they had once they set certain movements into action to avoid the germans from realizing before they launched it.

But yeah its cause some soviet bias says so, 100% legit millions of people didn't die to lack of food and prepration/spite full wankers in the USSR, it was all "unpatriotic" underminers of the system that would've worked if they had just worked till they died a little harder.
    Make sure if you still play your voice is heard if it matters to you, Mine wasn't.
    https://simplearmory.com/#/us/aman't...ectable/mounts
    BFA is another failure on Blizzard for leaving out information yet again despite promising communication with players while Azerite armor is an unfun system forced onto us to keep us grinding.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Im thinking even more of the strategic bombing and its significant impact.
    I agree. That is a excellent example.
    The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that… it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.” - Thomas Jefferson.

If I do not respond to your post directed at myself, there will be three reasons. 1. You are on my ignore list. 2. You did not make a post I felt was worthy of a response. 3. I simply never saw it, as I do not dig thru posts if I been offline for a while.

All in all it went pretty good concidering how defended the place was, could have bombed the living shit out of the place first though with some white phosphorus munitions.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Sorry I hesitated before willingly sacrificing my one and only life.

The US fought for others, the USSR fought for itself. No one will clap for you when you're fighting for your own neck, it's not a sacrifice if it's aimed at self-gain. Expecting praise because you trying to save your own neck is extremely pathetic. It's like that friend of mine who for some reason expects me to give him some slack or some praise because he's working hard in his career ... are you sending me your paycheck or something? You're working hard for yourself, not for me, don't go around trying to get praise or slack for it ...

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    The US fought for others, the USSR fought for itself. No one will clap for you when you're fighting for your own neck, it's not a sacrifice if it's aimed at self-gain.
    USSR's fight for itself ultimately resulted in the destruction of Nazi Germany. Where were the USA in the first years of the war? Who drove away the Nazis from Eastern Europe and entered Berlin? And who pushed away the Japanese from Manchuria on Roosevelt's request? Are you claiming the West had no interest in Europe and joined the war merely for the sake of others? Why didn't US troops leave after the war, instead of spreading military bases all across Europe, even after the Cold War, up to this day?

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    published by Christian Science Monitor.
    Despite the name, it's actually a pretty reputable publication. They've won several Pulitzers.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Domcho View Post
    USSR's fight for itself ultimately resulted in the destruction of Nazi Germany. Where were the USA in the first years of the war? Who drove away the Nazis from Eastern Europe and entered Berlin? And who pushed away the Japanese from Manchuria on Roosevelt's request? Are you claiming the West had no interest in Europe and joined the war merely for the sake of others? Why didn't US troops leave after the war, instead of spreading military bases all across Europe, even after the Cold War, up to this day?
    Total 48,395.4 in $billions
    British Empire 31,387.1
    Soviet Union 10,982.1
    France 3,223.9
    China 1,627.0
    Brazil 372.0
    Netherlands 251.1
    Belgium 159.5
    Greece 81.5
    Norway 47.0
    Turkey 42.9
    Mexico 39.2
    Yugoslavia 32.2
    Chile 21.6
    Saudi Arabia 19.0
    Peru 18.9
    Poland 12.5
    Liberia 11.6
    Colombia 8.3
    Ecuador 7.8
    Uruguay 7.1
    Cuba 6.6
    Bolivia 5.5
    Ethiopia 5.3
    Iran 5.3
    Venezuela 4.5
    Iceland 4.4
    Guatemala 2.6
    Paraguay 2.0
    Dominican Republic 1.6
    Haiti 1.4
    El Salvador 0.9
    Iraq 0.9
    Nicaragua 0.9
    Czechoslovakia 0.6
    Honduras 0.4
    Costa Rica 0.2

We were giving you money.

Katjuscha rockets mounted on an American Studebaker truck.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Lease

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Total 48,395.4 in $billions
    British Empire 31,387.1
    Soviet Union 10,982.1
    France 3,223.9
    China 1,627.0
    Brazil 372.0
    Netherlands 251.1
    Belgium 159.5
    Greece 81.5
    Norway 47.0
    Turkey 42.9
    Mexico 39.2
    Yugoslavia 32.2
    Chile 21.6
    Saudi Arabia 19.0
    Peru 18.9
    Poland 12.5
    Liberia 11.6
    Colombia 8.3
    Ecuador 7.8
    Uruguay 7.1
    Cuba 6.6
    Bolivia 5.5
    Ethiopia 5.3
    Iran 5.3
    Venezuela 4.5
    Iceland 4.4
    Guatemala 2.6
    Paraguay 2.0
    Dominican Republic 1.6
    Haiti 1.4
    El Salvador 0.9
    Iraq 0.9
    Nicaragua 0.9
    Czechoslovakia 0.6
    Honduras 0.4
    Costa Rica 0.2

We were giving you money.

Katjuscha rockets mounted on an American Studebaker truck.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Lease
    Money - is that your best excuse? You want to compare money with blood?

Exactly, the USSR was acting based on self-interest. Why should they deserve praise? It's not like they did it for others ... if you're gaining from stuff that's your reward right there, don't expect "praise".

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yes, they delayed it for the purpose of finding the right weather conditions.

Anything else is a conspiracy theory.

- - - Updated - - -

It didn't accomplish much? Rommel's defeat cut Germany's supply lines to vital North African oil and the invasion of Italy took out one of Germany's biggest allies in the war.

Read a textbook once in your life.
    Actually Italy was more of a hindrance to germany as they had to help them out on all fronts, so no clue were the biggest allie spart come from.

Or to make it short, ital was never good in anything war related in WW2.

Because of Russia.
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

It makes a difference when it comes to war. Because the money represents war supplies which helped the Russians tremendously. Not disputing the lost of lives the Russians paid however.
    The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that… it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.” - Thomas Jefferson.

If I do not respond to your post directed at myself, there will be three reasons. 1. You are on my ignore list. 2. You did not make a post I felt was worthy of a response. 3. I simply never saw it, as I do not dig thru posts if I been offline for a while.

Being "liberated" by the USSR was not exactly a good thing for the Western Slavic countries or the Baltic States. After all, these are the countries asking the US to station troops now....

- - - Updated - - -

The use of mercenaries is a time honored military tradition.
    Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    “Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
    "His knowledge on that topic is only power point deep..." "Power corrupts and PowerPoint corrupts absolutely."
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

so russia has been pushing the alt right "wars are only there to to kill white men" narrative for a long time, if you look at the vietnam war and the rate at which poor blacks were sent to die it kind of disproved their whole theory yet the far right and russia keep pushing it.

Man I hate this attitude where its 'cool' to downplay the US's impact on the war. The war was a combined effort with the US providing financial and logistical support before officially entering the war. Even before that, the US was conducting military operations in Europe. If you're fighting someone who has a 'neutral' third party that keeps resupplying them then you're going to say, 'fuck that, the third party is part of the war too'. The combined ass-kicking from the east and the west is was placed the terms of surrender heavily in the court of the allies. There's no "ahh the Americans won the war" or "no the Soviets did!", it was a combined effort.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by INVASMANIXOXOXO View Post
    Because of Russia.
    or. "Why didn't they allow the Russian's to invade western Europe?!"

Russia had such high casualties because Stalin was a monster and an idiot. Ordering his own troops to kill each other. Stalin's own generals had to tell him to stay out of war decisions. Stalin was nothing but a underground crime lord before. The result of what you would get if Al Capone was leading a country. He was far worse than Hitler and every measure. The US had good reason to leave bases behind.

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Did the allies delay the invasion of Normandy on purpose?
    Yes, they did, Churchill said he wanted germany n ussr to bleed.

Western propaganda is so over the top that some in america think germany were allies n soviets enemy. Hogging glory is typical of 'muricans.

Chicken usa didn't really join the war until the outcome became clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Yes, they did, Churchill said he wanted germany n ussr to bleed.

Western propaganda is so over the top that some in america think germany were allies n soviets enemy. Hogging glory is typical of 'muricans.
    Need a link or many will look at your statement as false. And without the US helping, the outcome of WW2 may have been very bad for every country in Europe. Keep in mind, the US was keeping Japan occupied so the Russians could concentrate on pushing the Germans back. Also the supplies the US sent overseas.

The Christian Science Monitor? How do those words even go together? And how do they expect a credible article when the title literally says "Soviets say..." and what is the obsession with Russia with some of the the Gen OT/political posters?

Gimme a break XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Klling a new born is not much morally different than a late term abortion. Should be avoided, but it's not like it is an actual person yet.