Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I was 28 working 48 hours a week the first time around. Get a guild and make friends and you won't even need this addon.
    Or, get an addon and you wont need to get a guild and make friends!

    It's always fun to see vanilla afficiandos pretending people wont go out of their way to avoid the painful parts of vanilla in ways we now have available but didnt have (or didnt use) then. If you think people wont use addons and third party websites to a far greater degree to avoid this touted "social interaction" aspect of vanilla you have rocks in your head. The only thing that will stop it from happening is a lack of critical mass of users on any given server.

  2. #42
    10/10 bait OP, look at all these replies you're getting.

    Good job

    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    It's always fun to see vanilla afficiandos pretending people wont go out of their way to avoid the painful parts of vanilla
    Imagine being such a shut-in that you think basic social interaction is a "painful part" of a game.

    And this is coming from a massive introvert.

    Yikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    LFR saved raiding
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    LFR is not really easy. I would say it's a lot harder thant Mythic Dungeons
    get_a_load_of_this_guy_cam.jpg

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    10/10 bait OP, look at all these replies you're getting.

    Good job



    Imagine being such a shut-in that you think basic social interaction is a "painful part" of a game.

    And this is coming from a massive introvert.

    Yikes.
    Its not bait tho. I really want to get proper feedback on this Like I said, its already publicly available
    Last edited by Sumonk; 2019-06-06 at 10:49 PM.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Or, get an addon and you wont need to get a guild and make friends!

    It's always fun to see vanilla afficiandos pretending people wont go out of their way to avoid the painful parts of vanilla in ways we now have available but didnt have (or didnt use) then. If you think people wont use addons and third party websites to a far greater degree to avoid this touted "social interaction" aspect of vanilla you have rocks in your head. The only thing that will stop it from happening is a lack of critical mass of users on any given server.
    I have zero understanding why you would want to play an MMO if you have zero desire to interact with people. I mean to each their own but when live finally got that way for me I found something else to play.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I have zero understanding why you would want to play an MMO if you have zero desire to interact with people. I mean to each their own but when live finally got that way for me I found something else to play.
    That's the majority of MMO genre customers for the past over a decade.

    Nobody cares about their intereaction with randoms, if and when it happens they just want it out of the way fast as possible.

  6. #46
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumonk View Post
    I agree with this. I don't think it should be something that is displayed to others.
    There are ways to track how many times you killed each boss in a dungeon since addon installation, i definitely remember using an addon that tracking players i've killed and storing their names in a file. Should work with NPC too. But yeah, doesn't need to be displayed to others, but it would be nice statistic to see for yourself.

    What's actually worth displaying - available/completed quests for a dungeon on a player.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Or, get an addon and you wont need to get a guild and make friends!

    It's always fun to see vanilla afficiandos pretending people wont go out of their way to avoid the painful parts of vanilla in ways we now have available but didnt have (or didnt use) then. If you think people wont use addons and third party websites to a far greater degree to avoid this touted "social interaction" aspect of vanilla you have rocks in your head. The only thing that will stop it from happening is a lack of critical mass of users on any given server.
    It's hilarious how one guy on reddit praises classic for being so difficult and that people will need to think with their head again, etc.
    In a next thread he asks for an addon that tells him what skills to learn and what to skip...
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2019-06-07 at 07:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  7. #47
    Lego Moderator GothamCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    4,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I have zero understanding why you would want to play an MMO if you have zero desire to interact with people. I mean to each their own but when live finally got that way for me I found something else to play.
    I'd say most of the people expressing that desire don't want to interact with randoms. I am in that crowd. I have essentially zero interest or investment in random people I meet. Even back in Classic, where "everyone talked to each other" most of my dungeons were quiet except for the occasional direction or command. Social groups are formed among friends and guilds, not randoms who are a means to an end. Even today, the actually difficult and important content requires a lot of communication and forms social bonds. As Ghostile mentioned, when you're forced to use randoms to complete an objective, you want in and out as quickly as possible.
    "Okay, Robin. Together, we're gonna punch these guys so hard, words describing the impact are gonna spontaneously materialize out of thin air."
    - Lego Batman

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumonk View Post
    I am currently in the process of developing a LFG addon for classic and I got the basic functionalities working. As I do want to create a tool that somewhat reflect the spirit of the classic community I want to reach out to you guys and get feedback or suggestions on features that should or should not be included. I know a lot of people are very sensitive when it comes to a LFG tool for classic and thats exactly why I want to try to work it out with the community. I will consolidate all the feedback and suggestions provided in this thread in the OP.
    The following is a small summary of what features are currently planned and which are not:

    Planned/Already implemented:

    Parse chat messages for groups:
    The addon checks all public messaging channels your character sees and tries to figure out if this message has the purpose of looking for people for a dunngeon. If such a message is found it will broadcast this message to other people using the addon. This means that the message of a player in stormwind that is looking for people to do deadmines with is going to be relayed to people outside of stormwind and vice versa. This enables people to actually go out in the world and do quests, farm, PvP and more.
    The addon then shows this in a nice formated way in its interface. You can then just click on the group and whisper the leader to join them

    Addon created groups:
    This feature allows you to list your group in the tool with a button click and makes it visible to everyone with the addon. It also advertises for your group in a configurable chat channel of your choice, so even people without the addon are going to notice your group. People with the addon can just queue for your group and will show up in the list of applicants.
    This does not only include dungeons, but also has a custom category for world events like: World Bosses, Stranglethorn Arena ect.

    Ignore List:
    Groups that contain people on your ignore list will not show up for you in the tool.

    Not Planned:

    - Making item level of applicants available to a group leader
    - Automated matchmaking

    If you want to try out the addon for yourself, a first release is available on the twitch app or curseforge. I really hope to get your guys opinion on this in a civilized way
    i already see fatal flaw in you addon - no itlv / exp (competion) makes it complete garbage that nobody will use and people will just use whatver alternative tool that will provide it.

    so you are just wasting your time

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa1 View Post
    there was a World LFG channel in WoW (like trade channel) at some point. I don't remember when it was introduced (what patch) but it was deleted just prior to the introduction of LFG.

    The benefit of the channel was that you could access it while questing outside of cities making group formation easier.

    That's all you really need and I hope it ends up in Classic (at the point in time it was originally introduced).
    Indeed. And even if there won't be an official world channel. People will create one and everyone will join it (thats how some pservers worked).
    The only players that miss out are those that don't know how to join the channel (to be frank, you are better not grouping with them anyways).

    Not sure if there is a player cap for custom channels though.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Indeed. And even if there won't be an official world channel. People will create one and everyone will join it (thats how some pservers worked).
    The only players that miss out are those that don't know how to join the channel (to be frank, you are better not grouping with them anyways).

    Not sure if there is a player cap for custom channels though.
    With the addon you will even see the people that advertise their groups in /2 or wherever, so you have a bigger pool of groups available to you.

  11. #51
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    32,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumonk View Post
    ...l that somewhat reflect the spirit of the classic community ....
    The community that sucked up additions like LFG and addons helping to filter out unwanted plebs with too low ilv and then complained how the community got destroyed?

    Who are you? Satan?

  12. #52
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    451
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Personally, i look forward to addons like this, im an adult and do NOT have the free time to spend 1,5h to do a 1h dungeon.
    Maybe u without jobs have time for this, ur welcome to not use it.
    A lot of people wanted matchmaking. The problems with it stemmed more from what Blizzard did with the content rather than the framework. I really liked how dungeons were in TBC, I think the difficulty level of BC normals and heroics was the best it ever was. I might have enjoyed Cataclysm had they not caved and absolutely destroyed them with nerfs and matchmaker buffs even after that unnecessary Ghostcrawler monologue.

    Dungeons in classic are shit. They're monotonous garbage with weak layouts, purely recycled enemies with next to no mechanics or abilities of note and nothing worth exploring or going out of your way for. Can't blame anyone who would want a resource to get them done faster to get to the single thing that had an ounce of relevance in classic: raiding.

  13. #53
    Sounds like Vqueue, which is useful as world chat moves too fast.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I have zero understanding why you would want to play an MMO if you have zero desire to interact with people. I mean to each their own but when live finally got that way for me I found something else to play.
    Spamming trade chat was never where the interaction happened. Trying to find a group for the dungeon you want by attempting to read a trade chat that's scrolling by so fast that it's impossible to read anything isn't where the interaction happened. The interaction happened once you go into the group.

    Addons like this makes finding a group or people for your group a less pain in the ass, after that everything functions exactly like normal and maybe we can use /trade for actual trading and /general for actually talking to people. LFG/LFM spam kills socializing in those channels.

    If anything I think that the developer should have this addon run completely separate from existing channels (except maybe /LookingForGroup) so we can clean up those channels.

  15. #55
    I honestly don’t know what the problem is with those people. LFG addons existed back in vanilla as far as i remember so i don’t see why we can’t encourage OP for creating one. I would personally donate to his development just to piss off those fucking toxic players.

  16. #56
    Scarab Lord gaymer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    4,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumonk View Post
    Parse chat messages for groups:
    The addon checks all public messaging channels your character sees and tries to figure out if this message has the purpose of looking for people for a dunngeon. If such a message is found it will broadcast this message to other people using the addon. This means that the message of a player in stormwind that is looking for people to do deadmines with is going to be relayed to people outside of stormwind and vice versa. This enables people to actually go out in the world and do quests, farm, PvP and more.
    The addon then shows this in a nice formated way in its interface. You can then just click on the group and whisper the leader to join them
    You do realize that in vanilla there was no global channel for any form of chat right? Trade chat only got made visible in the 3 capital cities like halfway through vanilla and there was no global LFG channel like there is now. LFG was localized as was general chat. The "LFG" feature was something that people could only use if they literally went to the dungeon's meeting stone and clicked on it manually. What you are attempting to do is make an addon that only will group people together if they have this addon you are trying to create and will ignore anyone who doesn't have it.

    Also fuck this addon! The whole thing about vanilla was to form a community that actually has a reputation for the character you are playing (good or bad) and none of this automated, anonymous bullshit LFG tools that the game currently has.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    You do realize that in vanilla there was no global channel for any form of chat right? Trade chat only got made visible in the 3 capital cities like halfway through vanilla and there was no global LFG channel like there is now. LFG was localized as was general chat. The "LFG" feature was something that people could only use if they literally went to the dungeon's meeting stone and clicked on it manually. What you are attempting to do is make an addon that only will group people together if they have this addon you are trying to create and will ignore anyone who doesn't have it.

    Also fuck this addon! The whole thing about vanilla was to form a community that actually has a reputation for the character you are playing (good or bad) and none of this automated, anonymous bullshit LFG tools that the game currently has.
    /join world ...

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    You do realize that in vanilla there was no global channel for any form of chat right? Trade chat only got made visible in the 3 capital cities like halfway through vanilla and there was no global LFG channel like there is now. LFG was localized as was general chat. The "LFG" feature was something that people could only use if they literally went to the dungeon's meeting stone and clicked on it manually. What you are attempting to do is make an addon that only will group people together if they have this addon you are trying to create and will ignore anyone who doesn't have it.

    Also fuck this addon! The whole thing about vanilla was to form a community that actually has a reputation for the character you are playing (good or bad) and none of this automated, anonymous bullshit LFG tools that the game currently has.
    Classic has a global LFG channel, I'll just use that.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumonk View Post
    I am currently in the process of developing a LFG addon for classic

    Please don't.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Literally yes.
    Okay so you literally think so. Why is that?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •