Thread: Baldurs Gate 3

Completely missed new panel:

Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-07-09 at 09:50 PM.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    In regards to the freedom possible in a game vs tabletop, I feel like they are definitely doing a lot and probably more than any other studio will in the near future in terms of creating a game where different approaches to a problem can work and where choices actually significantly alter outcomes. In that sense I feel like this is going to be the most true D&D adventure experience. I also believe that where the game currently falls short in providing an outcome that a player might expect from a particular clever little use of a spell, there is room for feedback and they'll probably be swayed if the argument is convincing enough and time allows.
    I have to disagree. Disco Elysium is the game that innovated the genre to the point where I play BG3 and it feels straight up archaic. Why wouldn't I save scum my rolls in BG3? What's the upside of failing a roll? In Disco Elysium both successful and failed rolls lead to unique outcomes in terms of narrative and based on your stats and what rolls you won/lost you get a different experience, but all of the situations feel special. In BG3 every time you fail a roll you just miss out on content, usually the coolest content.

Quote Originally Posted by nRes View Post
    I have to disagree. Disco Elysium is the game that innovated the genre to the point where I play BG3 and it feels straight up archaic. Why wouldn't I save scum my rolls in BG3? What's the upside of failing a roll? In Disco Elysium both successful and failed rolls lead to unique outcomes in terms of narrative and based on your stats and what rolls you won/lost you get a different experience, but all of the situations feel special. In BG3 every time you fail a roll you just miss out on content, usually the coolest content.
    I think there's some very interesting content behind failed rolls in BG3 as well. I don't really want to post spoilers though but one example of it relates to tieflings. I also think the scale of BG3 is a lot bigger.

So I heard there's a new big patch. What does it offer? A new race/class?
    i5-6600 3.3GHz|16 GB RAM|GeForce GTX 1070
    EVE Online referral link: https://www.eveonline.com/signup/?in...a-e190e6a28fd5|receive 750,000 Skill Points
    Star Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    Go check patch breakdown vid posted above.

EDIT 13 July - Seems they have ran into issues on Tuesdays release and it has been pushed back to Thursday.

No new races or classes. This was their highlights so they are likely the biggest things the patch will bring. Full notes tomorrow.

Well Met Adventurers!

The full patch notes for Patch 5 will be revealed on Tuesday the 13th, when it releases. For now, here are some of the highlights from the patch.

The Active Roll System
    During skill checks, rather than leaving you at the mercy of the RNG gods during skill checks, in Patch 5 we have ensured players now have much more agency. Active Roll gives players the ability to swing the odds in their favour by applying spells and bonuses to their rolls. Additionally, players can now see their modifiers and status effects happen directly within the UI, rather than being calculated in the background.

Background Goals
    Players have always been able to select a ‘Background’ at the Character Creation screen - Folk Hero, Acolyte, Urchin, and so on. Now every character will have their own series of secret miniquests based on these roles, called Background Goals. So, whenever a Folk Hero does something Folksy and Heroic or an Urchin does something Urchiny, they’ll be rewarded. It’s a new way to encourage role playing, with players directly benefiting from acting as their character would in any given scenario.

Camp Supplies
    Camp Resources are a new feature that will make you think a little more strategically about when to activate a Long Rest. Now in order to make camp, you first need supplies. You know all the food and scraps you find around Baldur's Gate 3? Well from now one, you’ll need that to set up for a full rest. Finally, a use for your giant hoard of dead fish!

Also coming this patch are Mini Camps, context-dependent environments that offer an alternative to returning to your HQ by the river. From the Chapel near the Ravaged Beach to the Underdark, we've recreated every landmark as its own isolated location that can be accessed when you’re ready to hunker down for your Long Rest.
    There are a huge number of other improvements we’ve made for Patch 5, including Non-Lethal Attack Mode, old-school point and click dialogue, and some very intriguing new story content around a certain party member...
    Last edited by quras; 2021-07-13 at 08:09 PM.
    Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
    What you get: 7 free days of play plus a bundle of goodies: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

No new content but quite a lot of fixes and changes in the new patch.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/...49702073670252

I'm very interested in seeing what this sword does now that you can get something for actually killing him.

* Flaming Sword can now be looted from Commander Zhalk.
    Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
    What you get: 7 free days of play plus a bundle of goodies: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Seems the game needs a little more work :v

Looks intended to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    Looks intended to me...
    She is always watching!
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

if that doesnt stay in the game i will be sooo disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post

Reminds me of the old Dragon Age: Origins bugs... good times :P
    Proof is boring. Proof is tiresome. Proof is irrelevance. People would rather be handed an easy lie than search for a difficult truth, especially when it suits their own purpose.
    - Glokta
    The Last Argument of Kings, The First Law Trilogy.

Watched the video, was not disappointed

Completely missed new panel:

This guy looks extremely enthusiastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    This guy looks extremely enthusiastic.
    tl;dr? new class at last?
    i5-6600 3.3GHz|16 GB RAM|GeForce GTX 1070
    EVE Online referral link: https://www.eveonline.com/signup/?in...a-e190e6a28fd5|receive 750,000 Skill Points
    Star Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

I mean you can just watch that patch breakdown vid above.

No.

/10c...
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

It's a real bummer that not getting this game in 2022 is an actual possibility.

It's a real bummer that not getting this game in 2022 is an actual possibility.
    I am gonna be 40 by the time this game releases lol
    Proof is boring. Proof is tiresome. Proof is irrelevance. People would rather be handed an easy lie than search for a difficult truth, especially when it suits their own purpose.
    - Glokta
    The Last Argument of Kings, The First Law Trilogy.

After the beginning part of this game when you are in the mind flayer spaceship thing, does the game have more of an open-world feel, or is it still linear?