Thread: Baldurs Gate 3

Page 9 of 241 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It was originally supposed to be called Google Arenas, but that name was already reserved for the bloodsport venues where they'll make us do slave fights after the global takeover.

I guess the term Thunderdome was legally protected?

7+ Year Old Account
    Damn, so salty they didn't show anything. Last game during PC show, and all we got was info that we already had. If they didn't show any gameplay, I worry that the game may be faaaaar from finished.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Will definitely be interested in playing this! I sucked so bad at the original games that I haven't played them in over 20 years. Maybe that will be something to look into wasting some time with until classic comes out.

I assume one can sill purchase BG 1/2? Any suggestions on where to start off at??

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What we need is sex mods.
    Exsqueeze me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I guess the term Thunderdome was legally protected?
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderdome
    Last edited by Micronetic; 2019-06-11 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    Will definitely be interested in playing this! I sucked so bad at the original games that I haven't played them in over 20 years. Maybe that will be something to look into wasting some time with until classic comes out.

I assume one can sill purchase BG 1/2? Any suggestions on where to start off at??
    Unfortunately the originals are no longer available on digital distribution platforms, you are now forced to get the "enhanced" editions unless you want to search for physical copies.

The enhanced editions are on sale for 75% off on GoG right now, so you might as well go there...
    https://www.gog.com/game/baldurs_gate_enhanced_edition
    https://www.gog.com/game/baldurs_gat...hanced_edition

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Unfortunately the originals are no longer available on digital distribution platforms, you are now forced to get the "enhanced" editions unless you want to search for physical copies.

The enhanced editions are on sale for 75% off on GoG right now, so you might as well go there...
    https://www.gog.com/game/baldurs_gate_enhanced_edition
    https://www.gog.com/game/baldurs_gat...hanced_edition
    Thanks! Have you tried those and are they worth picking up?

7+ Year Old Account
    They definitely are, if you have no problem with old school RPG games. These game are cult classic.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Even with all the questionable changes that Beamdog made they are still great games.

7+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    With FFVIIR being pushed back, and Koei trying to charge full price for an expansion, I just might have to pick this up!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    My body is ready.

(My wallet is not, however...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Will this game use and literally replicate stupid ass pen and paper rules like Pathfinder:Kingbreaker?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Will this game use stupid ass pen and paper rules like Pathfinder:Kingbreaker?
    As far as I am aware, adjusted D&D 5e rules. Kingbreaker was Pathfinder pen and paper rules. So I guess the answer is yes, to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    As far as I am aware, adjusted D&D 5e rules. Kingbreaker was Pathfinder pen and paper rules. So I guess the answer is yes, to some extent.
    Fuckkk. Do I really need to actually go read some weird rules made for pen and paper to understand the game? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuckkk. Do I really need to actually go read some weird rules made for pen and paper to understand the game? lol
    Probably not (5e rules are quite simple), but it will be a rather complicated party based game like it's predecessors. It's kind of the charm of the genre but it is very niche. They also stated that directly translating the 5e rules from pen and paper to a computer game doesn't really work, so let's see what they come up with.

oooh i only played the original, what was 2 like?

10+ Year Old Account
    This sentiment makes me think this game is not for you. Baldur's Gate has a very targeted audience. It will be running a digital conversion of D&D 5E (which means it will have some rules from it, and a lot made up for the video game). And it will likely be about party management to make sure you are covering all weaknesses. This is so closely tied to 5E it will take place in the current 5E era of Forgotten Realms. Will you be required to know 5E rules and Forgotten Realms story? No. Will it add to immersion and help tie things together for you? Yes.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

I haven't followed this project as closely lately, do we know if the combat is RTwP or turn-based yet?