Thread: Baldurs Gate 3

For those interested, in running BG1/2:

BG2 Fix Pack - Fixed a number of bugs and text/grammatical errors (English text only).
    Ascension - A collection of changes to Throne of Bhaal, aimed at providing a richer story and more tactically interesting gameplay.
    BG1 Unfinished Business - Restores cut content and quests from BG1 and TotSC.
    BG2 Unfinished Business - Restores cut content and quests from BG2.
    BG2 Tweaks - Graphical and animation tweaks, adds/adjusts a number of things, including rules changes and companions (these are asked on an individual basis during installation, since it also includes various cheats as well for those so inclined).
    Font Mod - Adjusts the font size (very useful for modern resolutions).

BG Trilogy - Combines BG1, TotSC, BG2 into one seamless game. Is a mod installed on BG2; therefore, the story of BG/TotSC can be experienced with the updated graphics, better resolution, and interface improvements present in BG2, including class/race options not available in BG1.

* Note: I do not know if these have been updated to work on the EE games; with the above mods I've never needed to play the EE versions. I would guess that the Font Mod is not needed for the EEs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Larian will appear during Guerilla Convention June 6th. More news about BG 3 AND Divinity series (not Divinity 3, though).

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Larian will appear during Guerilla Convention June 6th. More news about BG 3 AND Divinity series (not Divinity 3, though).

Could be because BG3 is basically Divinity 3. Good to see they are going to be giving us more news about BG3 however.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Could be because BG3 is basically Divinity 3. Good to see they are going to be giving us more news about BG3 however.
    Or could it be that Larian is not a very big studio, and can't make two high profile games at the same time?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or could it be that Larian is not a very big studio, and can't make two high profile games at the same time?
    I can not question that. Was not my point anyway, but rather, why make DS3, when BG3 is, as I said, basically DS3 with some different lore and story? Not sure why they would make a DS3, other than maybe to continue the lore and story surrounding it. But that could be done with a expansion.

I do not care that BG3 is very similar to DS2. I really enjoyed that game and am looking forward to BG3. Larian Studios is a great developer.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I can not question that. Was not my point anyway, but rather, why make DS3, when BG3 is, as I said, basically DS3 with some different lore and story? Not sure why they would make a DS3, other than maybe to continue the lore and story surrounding it. But that could be done with a expansion.

I do not care that BG3 is very similar to DS2. I really enjoyed that game and am looking forward to BG3. Larian Studios is a great developer.
    I mean, it is the same for From Software. Why make Sekiro, if Dark Souls 4 could also be a success? They will come back to Dark Souls, and Larian will come back to Divinity, eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it is the same for From Software. Why make Sekiro, if Dark Souls 4 could also be a success? They will come back to Dark Souls, and Larian will come back to Divinity, eventually.
    I will be ok with that. But if BG3 is very successful for them, my bet would be them sticking to it and coming out with BG4 after it.

7+ Year Old Account

Which apparently is a "5 minute reel that showcases various key features".

And there it is:

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1266414348722896896?s=20

Damn, Guerilla Collective postponed one week.

And there it is: improved graphics and combat, camera, initiative, narration change.

June 18th new gameplay.

Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-06-13 at 06:57 PM.

Damn, Guerilla Collective postponed one week.

And there it is: improved graphics and combat, camera, initiative, narration change.

June 18th new gameplay.

[video=youtube;-YsT9eQ_CO4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YsT9eQ_CO4&feature=emb_title[video]
    This video update might have been deserving of a new reply to topic so those who don't check the thread constantly would realize something new was added.

Looks interesting, I hope they make their August Early Access window, but totally understandable if they can't.

This trailer is pretty impressive and shows a lot of promising things. The developers listened to the community and the improvements are clearly visible. The concerns some people had about the game not being dark enough have been answered and I'm curious to see on the 18th what Larian changed for the narration system. Looking forward to the next live stream.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loeko View Post
    This trailer is pretty impressive and shows a lot of promising things. The developers listened to the community and the improvements are clearly visible. The concerns some people had about the game not being dark enough have been answered and I'm curious to see on the 18th what Larian changed for the narration system. Looking forward to the next live stream.
    Most obvious change would be that "protagonist narrates" thing, it was awkward and seemed to receive lot's of criticism.

The trailer looks pretty cool.

7+ Year Old Account
    And Volo's beard is back:

looking good, but I'll always be bothered by games when they allow weapons to be carried on the back as if they are attached to your body with magnetic force (unless it's sci-fi and they are actually attached like that). Considering how half of the trailer was basically that, I couldn't help but notice.
    That dagger drawn from the back was especially bad! Who would do that?!
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-06-14 at 02:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    These fiends just released another free DLC for DOS2. Somebody gotta stop them, they are ruining the business!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    These fiends just released another free DLC for DOS2. Somebody gotta stop them, they are ruining the business!
    EA: "Please! Staph!"

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    looking good, but I'll always be bothered by games when they allow weapons to be carried on the back as if they are attached to your body with magnetic force (unless it's sci-fi and they are actually attached like that). Considering how half of the trailer was basically that, I couldn't help but notice.
    That dagger drawn from the back was especially bad! Who would do that?!
    A wizard could do it... just sayin'.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    They are most likely magic after all.
    Well tbf I also hate the magnetic sheathing but o well whadya gonna do?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Fuck sake.
    This means I'm going to have to play through again.

I'm running out of class ideas dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    Fuck sake.
    This means I'm going to have to play through again.

I'm running out of class ideas dammit!
    Why I'm glad I have it on pc, mods make the game so crazy