Thread: Baldurs Gate 3

Sorc is a fun class but the PHB subclasses are dogshit.

They're really limiting themselves by only using the PHB, all the best shit is in XGE.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Update 6 (biggest yet) is incoming, and with it Sorcerer. They will present the class at EGX this sunday.
    Sorcerer is probably what I'll end up playing. Someone on reddit pointed out that they seem to have added a single extra baseline spell for each Dragon Sorcerer type, which is a nice addition imo as it can help balance out the advantages of each type. Definitely looking forward to seeing their take on meta magic and other features as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Sorcerer is probably what I'll end up playing. Someone on reddit pointed out that they seem to have added a single extra baseline spell for each Dragon Sorcerer type, which is a nice addition imo as it can help balance out the advantages of each type. Definitely looking forward to seeing their take on meta magic and other features as well.
    I'm just sitting here, waiting for the monks.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Sorc is a fun class but the PHB subclasses are dogshit.

They're really limiting themselves by only using the PHB, all the best shit is in XGE.
    I am sure they will start adding more after post launch. They just need to get the basics down first. If I recall, the ranger is the updated ranger. Not playing the game till next patch hits, so I'm busy playing pathfinder rn.

They can do endless dlc with all the subclasses. For instance, I want to play a hexblade... well we could get a dlc dealing with that. And if the studio doesnt want to do it? Well people are gonna do what they want to do and mod the game themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    I am sure they will start adding more after post launch. They just need to get the basics down first. If I recall, the ranger is the updated ranger. Not playing the game till next patch hits, so I'm busy playing pathfinder rn.

They can do endless dlc with all the subclasses. For instance, I want to play a hexblade... well we could get a dlc dealing with that. And if the studio doesnt want to do it? Well people are gonna do what they want to do and mod the game themselves.
    Nah, the Ranger doesn't feel anything like the DnD one.

For instance, I want to play a hexblade... well we could get a dlc dealing with that. And if the studio doesnt want to do it? Well people are gonna do what they want to do and mod the game themselves.
    That's the fun part, modders already have put Sorcerer and Bard in the game, complete with subclasses that WON'T be in the full game.

10+ Year Old Account
    so with the next class being sorcerer, I hear millions of paladins cry out in pain somewhere.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    so with the next class being sorcerer, I hear millions of paladins cry out in pain somewhere.

The superior CHADrisma class gets prio.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Nah, the Ranger doesn't feel anything like the DnD one.

That's the fun part, modders already have put Sorcerer and Bard in the game, complete with subclasses that WON'T be in the full game.
    Yup. It's always the modders that does that do the job for the company.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Please tell me game will have option to be played like regular baldurs gate,aka not turn combat. I mean Ill play it regardless but turn combat is soo annoying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haosmash View Post
    Please tell me game will have option to be played like regular baldurs gate,aka not turn combat. I mean Ill play it regardless but turn combat is soo annoying.
    Mate, that ship has sailed the moment they announced BG3. We had enough arguing back then.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-10-14 at 06:49 PM.

Great looking additions to the game but without level 5, I think I've got to put this game on hold. 5 solo and 3 group play throughs is enough. Level 5 and I could bring myself to get back in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    didnt play for a while. which buttons are quick save and quick load by default?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

10+ Year Old Account
    I apologize for not sifting through 100 pages. But has anyone provided their thoughts between BG3, and Pathfinder: WotR?

I am currently playing Pathfinder, but am more interested in the 5e system.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I apologize for not sifting through 100 pages. But has anyone provided their thoughts between BG3, and Pathfinder: WotR?

I am currently playing Pathfinder, but am more interested in the 5e system.
    Enjoying wotr much more atm its such a great game but its also a complete package and probably the best crpg i have ever played. That could change when bg 3 is finished though we will see.

Only thing i could complain about is the crusade system but i think its got potential and i heard some tweaks are coming.

Wotr was also pretty buggy att launch but i have experienced no bug at all lately.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-10-18 at 01:53 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Enjoying wotr much more atm its such a great game but its also a complete package and probably the best crpg i have ever played. That could change when bg 3 is finished though we will see.

Only thing i could complain about is the crusade system but i think its got potential and i heard some tweaks are coming.

Wotr was also pretty buggy att launch but i have experienced no bug at all lately.
    Thanks for the feedback! From Verses reviews i've seen between the two, it seems that WotR offers more, even if it is a system that I am not a big fan of.

And yeah, the crusade system is pretty annoying lol. Managing Morale is a pain in the butt lol. Was thinking of looking for a mod that disables Morale lol.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! From Verses reviews i've seen between the two, it seems that WotR offers more, even if it is a system that I am not a big fan of.

And yeah, the crusade system is pretty annoying lol. Managing Morale is a pain in the butt lol. Was thinking of looking for a mod that disables Morale lol.
    BG is so far from release, content wise, that it's pointless to compare the two IMO.

They will be nearly identical in features, depth, and content amount (BG might even have more) when the game actually releases and I like a lot of the ways they did things in BG a lot better. Don't get me wrong, WOTR is fun as hell.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, when do you think the game will be finished?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    So, when do you think the game will be finished?
    Last I heard/saw july 2022 is their current goal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Last I heard/saw july 2022 is their current goal.
    Ah great!
    Maybe i'll give it a shot once it's fully released
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.