Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruel2u View Post
    I disagree. Better to pressure someone now and switch later. Get information or just sit and wait.
    Who do you think would be best to pressure during this day phase?

Ok. Today I would be happy applying pressure to.

1. Grae
    2. Kryll
    3. Marack
    4. Val

Not necessarily in that order.

You because my meta read for you is looking bad, not that I put a lot of stock in that just yet but I'm weary.

Kryll- because I'm not connecting with his reads, I'll try go back over his posts.

Marack- Because he has become better at the game his play is more guarded now, and I am unsure if my meta is going to help me. Some pressure may give me something.

Val- I think he missed the point of one of Krylls posts earlier, I have also asked a question about one of his posts. I don't feel he is paying attention and scum sometimes slip like that because they don't need to pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    Well, Clarinet had something for Val to address apparently:
    I said something in #222.

Um explain a little more. How are you busting them? Maybe I'm tired but humour me.
    If the mystic hadn't reminded everyone about the unique views counter on QT, there was still a chance that the mystic could've caught a QT being shared with other players (5 views or more). Now that the mystic has told everyone, the mystic has no way of detecting whether or not the QT was shared as they won't do that, they'll just copy paste what was said in the QT in their other QTs.

7+ Year Old Account
    If a person did either of those I’d probably mod kill them. I was more thinking there are abilities which supposedly let you read whispers (qt) so someone could evesdrop like the mystic

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    If the mystic hadn't reminded everyone about the unique views counter on QT, there was still a chance that the mystic could've caught a QT being shared with other players (5 views or more). Now that the mystic has told everyone, the mystic has no way of detecting whether or not the QT was shared as they won't do that, they'll just copy paste what was said in the QT in their other QTs.
    Ok. The Mystic will know the QT has been viewed by an outsider immediately, as soon as the unique views moves from 4 to 5.....

I don't see it as a watcher role, your not entitled to know who else is looking. The unique view thing was to let you know someone else had seen what had been said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok ive caught up on reading.

My very first thoughr. Lora's the Fool.

Danner/Dupti are obviously town at this point. He got poisoned, jailed (a kill still happened), mystic'd and talked with Danner whilst claim too each other as well.

So im not really getting the suspicion vibes Kryllians getting about Dupti.
    @dupti I have not been recruited.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    My very first thoughr. Lora's the Fool.
    ???

I have not been recruited.
    uh huh

10+ Year Old Account
    ???

uh huh
    Why the ???. He's been going against everything that seems towny this game. Ergo i think he's the fool. He making things a little too obvious. But i dont think hes town aligned from the way he is playing. We could lynch him but that would be catastrophic on the towns ability too vote others in the next day/s depending how listo made the fool and if it's in the game, and Lora's that role.

Feel like he could be a targer for a town kill.

Dupti asked if i had been recruited.

Ok going to sleep but want to put a vote out.

Vote: Val

That vote is no way set in stone, when I'm up I'll re-read and re-vote

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like your vote or the timing of it, I get your trying to make something happen, but you can't pressure him if he isn't here.
    Kinda agree/disagree in ways. He had a comment in day one where he said he'd get back to us, but that did not happen. I've asked asked him a question. But if he still hasn't arrived in a few hours my vote will probably go on him. Probably is still early too pressure him but he hasn't exactly done much yet. Then again we have a jailor so I think if he doesn't return the prince could perhaps kill him.

Either him or Lora. Though i think Lora is more likely too be scum at this point. I'm just debating if we should actually lynch him. Like I don't agree with his reads at all. It just kinda seems like hes a fool. But at the same time if he was a fool he's not town aligned and would need too die at some point.

I'm starting to dislike Val's shockingly flippant attitude.

And your king desires that someone pay for the murder of his favorite Mercychan courtier.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    A state of the union address:

Town:

Dupti: Through a series of day?/night actions, I can all but lock dupti as town at this point. Being poisoned, jailed, a kill still happened, neighboured with Danner and they seem too trust each other. It's hard too see any thing that can knock dupti down. He can't have been recruited in Jail? I'm not sure about how all of that works. I also spurred with Dupti a lot day one and I got a general town vibe from it after all was said and done. Even if I considered something he was saying suspicious. So lock town.

Crackleslap: I'm certainly not the most towny looking person this game. But I know my own role and so I know I'm town! A knock on me is that I haven't gotten a lot of my reads out yet, i did some early and gained some information, though I haven't done the list until now which you could argue isn't typical of me for the past couple of games. But i'm putting out my list now though.

Slight Town

Danner: Not as lock as dupti, but it seems too me at the moment I would favour Danner in the town category. Though he was against the no-lynch route, which isn't scummy per se, but he did intend too vote for Mercy day one. Not exactly sure what was said between him and dupti, but we don't really need too know if they trust each other. I think there's almost 0% chance both are scum, but if one WAS it'd be Danner. A knock on Danner is that he could be recruited, he could've killed Mercy but it's more likely a coincidence/he's being framed.

Graeham: I'm town reading him because I tested the waters day one with a Mercy vote. Graeham was quick too respond too my criticisms of Mercy, which in favour I found towny of him. If he was scum I'd be more inclined too believe he wouldn't question me about my vote. Feel like he might add a read too that, though I stated previously he wouldn't have added too that mercy vote then at that time if he was scum, I believe. With Mercy flip I'm more inclined too reaffirm this read. He also wants too pressure Strikered which I agree with. A knock on Graeham is that he obviously could've been recruited - this is the same for everyone however.

Very Slight Town

Nefarious Tea: He's the King. He's making more sense this game. Which is a plus. For once I don't find him scummy, yet. A knock on him he's been a little weird on day 2. I do like his comment going against Val. Though I'm not sure if it's parroting or genuine.

Neutral:

Cruelle: Gave his persons of interest. Some I agree with, others I don't. (Graeham particularly). I also don't like that he isn't interested in pursuing Strikered. I think he's a viable target. Whilst I don't disagree with him that it might be too early too go on him, he definitely needs addressing, so I'm not completely sure how I feel about this so far.

Marack: I really haven't seen a lot from Marack this game. He isn't usually the most active, but isn't normally this quiet either. I would like too hear your opinions on Kryllian, Lora, Val. I just can't give Marack a town read right now. If I had too give someone the "Flying under the radar award", It'll be Marack this game. I'm almost ready too lower too mild suspicion.

Clarinet I know nothing of typical Clarinet behaviour because this is his first game? At least he's participating somewhat. Though I don't have enough too get a strong read. He questions Val about something, we don't really know what exactly. I'd like too hear more from him honestly.

Mild Suspicion

Kryllian: Making some really strange theories and what we should do going forward. It's unique thinking for sure, but some of it seems scummy. I'm not sure I understand the scum read on dupti. Prodding for answers ins't bad, but some of Kryllians logic has not been the best thus far, in my opinion.

Val: This is more along of the lines of the literal first post of the game. Claiming the word 'recruit' before anyone knew recruiting would be a possibility in this game. His activity day one was sparse, which in turn isn't unusual for Val BUT this constantly suspicion he gets could be nil if he was more active and discussing. I do sympathise with Val a bit, because he's always a early target and things do go against him a lot of the time regardless of what he does. But I feel a lot of that is because he claims things that are simply untrue. Such as day 1 being useless. Which has been the opposite the past few games. He has however been more involved this day phase and has said some reasonable things. THOUGH MY BIGGEST KNOCK ON VAL IS THAT HE'S GIVEN 0 READS other than his vote on Graeham for pushing a lurker lynch. There's nothing from him, so I find that very interesting. (Same could be said for a few of the low posters).Though Val is slightly more active but also not showing that much for it.

Strikered Alarmingly inactive. Unable too read, it's at the point he should be considered a target. Though I'd prefer if he was a town kill.

Scum

Lora: I get the inkling that Lora is a fool and therefor not town and thus scum. I think he should be 100% a town kill. Though this is a gutfeel. So if we hear more on Lora's situation I might change that read. Though a lot of what he has said this game is just the opposite of the general vibe of the thread. He's super against dupti which I find bizarre.

DesmondCreighton: Dude has one post and complaining about the rules! this is a joke

- - - Updated - - -

It's getting annoying that I have town read dupti every game, but he's simply just town every game.

THOUGH MY BIGGEST KNOCK ON VAL IS THAT HE'S GIVEN 0 READS
    I almost never give reads. Half of the posters here haven't given "reads". Why are you so hung up over this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Also note: reads are subjective because as every one knows, recruiting. Though I lock dupti town because I don't think it's possible he can get recruited whilst jailed. Also got poisoned.

- - - Updated - - -

I almost never give reads. Half of the posters here haven't given "reads". Why are you so hung up over this?
    You're in much as the same boat as Marack, but I find you slightly more suspicious for your early comments and general apathy too day one. You claim its mostly fluff which isn't the case. A lot of people have given reads, Lora has despite it being slightly crazy. Though low posters will not have read. I am town reading none of those people so far. You're slightly more active than them but I still feel I'm not getting anything more from you as of yet.

That said you do have your vote against Graeham, which is fine. But I want too hear more from you, because I'm not convinced. Giving reads help everyone know where you are at. You also have too find the patterns. Like is something too accurate and perhaps a scum bussing. Or some reads are incredibly accurate and what not. Some reads have odd reasoning see Lora/Kryllian. Somethings defy logic. Listo last game said he scum read Dupti, claimed doctor and was found too have visited Dupti. So yeah giving reads are helpful.

I find you slightly more suspicious for your early comments and general apathy too day one. You claim its mostly fluff which isn't the case. A lot of people have given reads, Lora has despite it being slightly crazy. Though low posters will not have read. I am town reading none of those people so far. You're slightly more active than them but I still feel I'm not getting anything more from you as of yet.
    Sheesh, everyone's getting so hung up over day 1 fluff.

For the dozenth time: there is pretty much no information for players to go off of on D1. Thus, people just pop in to throw out jokes to confirm that they've reported into the game and then leave. Ofcourse some poor sob has to get lynched ("because muh lynching is always better than no-lynching"). If you're that poor sob who is being trained and defend yourself, they either say "he's being reactionary! He's scum!" or people are so apathetic that they don't care and just wan't their brownie points for "at least committing to a lynch", or you don't defend yourself and you're lynched anyway because "he didn't show up to defend himself" or people are so apathetic that they don't care and just wan't their brownie points for "at least committing to a lynch". Maybe someone claims, but it's usually ignored in favor of a lynch anyway, and then everyone throws their hands up in the air when the lynchee flips town and they go "well we just HAD to get a lynch off anyway! It's not like we had any other choice!". Thus, why I don't rake my head trying to pressure people on D1 or whatever. I'll throw my fluff out and move on, unless something major happens like counterclaims emerging. Once day 2 arrives, I'll begin to become more invested and start paying attention to posts more carefully, but I regard D1 posts as fluff for the aforementioned reasons.

You want your reads, so here you go. I don't trust Graeham or you. You two have been focusing on me for... not being invested in day 1? And you seem to question me for not being invested in D1 despite having explained that countless times? To me, it feels that you are too apathetic to try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sheesh, everyone's getting so hung up over day 1 fluff.

For the dozenth time: there is pretty much no information for players to go off of on D1. Thus, people just pop in to throw out jokes to confirm that they've reported into the game and then leave. Ofcourse some poor sob has to get lynched ("because muh lynching is always better than no-lynching"). If you're that poor sob who is being trained and defend yourself, they either say "he's being reactionary! He's scum!" or people are so apathetic that they don't care and just wan't their brownie points for "at least committing to a lynch", or you don't defend yourself and you're lynched anyway because "he didn't show up to defend himself" or people are so apathetic that they don't care and just wan't their brownie points for "at least committing to a lynch". Maybe someone claims, but it's usually ignored in favor of a lynch anyway, and then everyone throws their hands up in the air when the lynchee flips town and they go "well we just HAD to get a lynch off anyway! It's not like we had any other choice!". Thus, why I don't rake my head trying to pressure people on D1 or whatever. I'll throw my fluff out and move on, unless something major happens like counterclaims emerging. Once day 2 arrives, I'll begin to become more invested and start paying attention to posts more carefully, but I regard D1 posts as fluff for the aforementioned reasons.

You want your reads, so here you go. I don't trust Graeham or you. You two have been focusing on me for... not being invested in day 1? And you seem to question me for not being invested in D1 despite having explained that countless times? To me, it feels that you are too apathetic to try.
    I don't wanna sound like an asshole but have you ever considered the reason people such as Dupti, Danner or Dendrek (even Mercy past two games) for that matter are almost never considered a viable lynch on day one? It's because they're usually super involved, whilst it isn't always cotton and candy and they do garner suspicions but they have enough action in the day too be considered worthwhile too keep around. If they threw out one or two joke comments and left for an 80% of the day one things wouldn't get done. Remember not too long ago where we always failed too get a day one lynch of most of the time? It's because a lot of people had a lack of effort. Granted we didn't day one lynch this game because people actually chose that as the best option this game.

If you actively put effort in from the minute go until the end, likely chance you won't be called out unless something strange occurs. Which is partly my reason for finding you in the mildly suspicious column. You started this game off talking about recruiting. Is that a coincidence? Totally possible, could it be more something more sinister? Absolutely. You said the word 'recruit' before anyone knew that was possible. That makes you suspicious. In turn you weren't very active day one so those very early reads fester on because you don't subdue them. I understand your frustration that if you feel like you say anything you'll get lynched anyway. That's just part of mafia you have too find your way out somehow.

I also found your lack of reads (much like Marack) something too talk about. It feels like you're coasting, which is usually a lot of the time where people hide as scum. As I stated before Marack is also very close too falling down in categories if he doesn't come around soon. But its not just the in-activeness on day one that makes me more interested in you now. It's that you haven't really committed too anything yet. Other than pushing against someone for wanting a lurker pressure. It feels like safe play too me.

- - - Updated - - -

Side note: I'm mildly aggravated that the header "mild suspicion" in the state of the union address comment is the wrong font size.

I don't wanna sound like an asshole but have you ever considered the reason people such as Dupti, Danner or Dendrek (even Mercy past two games) for that matter are almost never considered a viable lynch on day one? It's because they're usually super involved, whilst it isn't always cotton and candy and they do garner suspicions but they have enough action in the day too be considered worthwhile too keep around. If they threw out one or two joke comments and left for an 80% of the day one things wouldn't get done. Remember not too long ago where we always failed too get a day one lynch of most of the time? It's because a lot of people had a lack of effort. Granted we didn't day one lynch this game because people actually chose that as the best option this game.
    Experience has taught me otherwise. It doesn't matter whether or not I try hard; you can't predict who gets trained. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. I've been so burnt out on trying really hard that I'm not going to bother anymore. Mind as well not rake my brain over it. We're talking in circles.

I also found your lack of reads (much like Marack) something too talk about. It feels like you're coasting, which is usually a lot of the time where people hide as scum. As I stated before Marack is also very close too falling down in categories if he doesn't come around soon. But its not just the in-activeness on day one that makes me more interested in you now. It's that you haven't really committed too anything yet. Other than pushing against someone for wanting a lurker pressure. It feels like safe play too me.
    Please forgive me for not calling out more people than I have scum reads on

10+ Year Old Account
    Experience has taught me otherwise. It doesn't matter whether or not I try hard; you can't predict who gets trained. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. I've been so burnt out on trying really hard that I'm not going to bother anymore. Mind as well not rake my brain over it. We're talking in circles.

Giving out reads isn't just scum reads. It's also town reads.

5+ Year Old Account
    What's your current read on Strikered?

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    What's your current read on Strikered?
    Indifferent. He hasn't shown up yet so I have nothing to form an opinion off of.