Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The fuck? This is one of the best documented and researched nuclear incidents in history. Going with a fringe theory about CIA is just laughable..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Russia has literally never succeeded at anything they have attempted.
    I think you could make a case that their troll army edged out a victory for a senile old fart to be president. I also think their dog in space was credible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    As soon as americans are done with the "russian hackers did it..."
    americans don't say that, just dumb libbys
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-06-09 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Infracted for trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    It's always our fault.. The US has become the country to blame for everything.

Was it the CIA: who knows.. but I'll say this - why the hell would we target Chernobyl.. It was shit before it melted down, and it's BETTER and more popular TODAY than it was before it melted down.. Just saying

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew it guys! Dyatlov was an undercover CIA operative, he knew the danger and kept going anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    As soon as americans are done with the "russian hackers did it..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    americans don't say that, just dumb libbys
    The official investigation concluded that Russia interfered. Too late to deny that.

Shifting the blame is normal for that part of the world. It never is their fault always someone elses.
    Last edited by Kotuthan; 2019-06-09 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Russia has literally never succeeded at anything they have attempted.
    .. stay away from the internet please..

/facepalm
    Thanos should have won..

#NotMyEnding
    #ThanosWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    First, it's tabloid Komsoloskaya Pravda.
    Second, it's NTV producer... that one is also quite on par with KP on tabloid trashiness.
    Third, it isn't reaction to HBO series - KP article is almost an year old...
    Yet, RT which is the media arm of the Kremlin is funding the show.

You want to tell me that Russians copied the homework from their American counterparts, and some people are now upset over it?

They're playing the same cards the US dealt them. The whole Russian hoax smeared them plenty, why shouldn't they? This is one of the few shit pies that will be flying towards the USs way as reprecaution to the Democrats tactics. The American people will start bearing the brunt of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    You want to tell me that Russians copied the homework from their American counterparts, and some people are now upset over it?
    Incase you have been living under a rock Russia has played this shifting the blame game for a looong time.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    First, it's tabloid Komsoloskaya Pravda.
    Second, it's NTV producer... that one is also quite on par with KP on tabloid trashiness.
    Third, it isn't reaction to HBO series - KP article is almost an year old...
    Like anyone actually care.
    For 99% MMO-C users it's another familiar topic to chat about. I would guess at least 80% did not even click on the link and just going on from others who did not as well.
    Same goes for a HBO show, they saw it and in the mind they have all the knowledge on the subject they need.
    And if you compare that to a few buckets of paint thrown at the paintboard and calling it Mona Lisa, those people would get butthurt, because in their mind you questioning their personal knowledge. Just watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I also think their dog in space was credible.
    Laika died within hours from overheating
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    I knew it guys! Dyatlov was an undercover CIA operative, he knew the danger and kept going anyway!
    Don't be silly. It was Gorbachov all along. When he went to the west when lower down the food chain he wasn't inspired by French public speaking openly towards their leaders as he claimed. No he was recruited by the CIA, caused Chernobyl to rush forward Glastnost and Perestroika. While MI6 pushed the hardliners into undermining him causing the attempted coup and Mossad used Yeltsin as a means to drum up the nationalist movements that combined with the coup attempt splintered the USSR...

Great now I'm worried someone will read this, not only think I'm serious but run with it as a true conspiracy ><

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Exactly this. The wind blew to the WEST when Chernobyl exploded. I knew it, since it's one of my first thing i still remember as a child. We all needed to stay at home because of the radioactive fallout. And many played in the middle europe are still contaminated (there are places where you shouldn't pick mushrooms, because they are strongly radioactive).

Nope, Chernobyl was simply incompetence and a TEST. A test that went pretty wrong. Also: it's Bullshit that Chernobyl destroyed the USSR. They were far more factors. It was maybe a big one, but what hurted the Sowjetunion the most was the loss of the Afghanistan-War. And here the USA definitively did it.

I thought it flew up North then North-West?

Minsk's nuclear plant project was observed by few Byelorussian (Belarus) Institute of Nuclear Engineers and they were the first to detect radiation in the air. Then the smoke tracked towards Germany, affecting Sweden, Finland, and Austria?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    it's Bullshit that Chernobyl destroyed the USSR.
    There were of course multiple factors but Chernobyl was by far the biggest.

Many forget that the USSR died not as a result of conquest or some violent uprising, but by a democratic referendum. the people of the Ukrainian SSR voted to leave (with Chernobyl playing a big part in that) and Russia decided that with the number two player leaving the party they didn't wanna stay and hang with what was left (A comparable event would be Scotland leaving the UK and England deciding it didn't fancy bankrolling Wales/N Ireland by itself and pulling the plug).

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post

Many forget that the USSR died not as a result of conquest or some violent uprising, but by a democratic referendum. the people of the Ukrainian SSR voted to leave (with Chernobyl playing a big part in that) and Russia decided that with the number two player leaving the party they didn't wanna stay and hang with what was left (A comparable event would be Scotland leaving the UK and England deciding it didn't fancy bankrolling Wales/N Ireland by itself and pulling the plug).
    It was (in no particular order)

- Chernobyl, which lead indirectly to glasnost.

- The world seeking alternative sources of oil and gas outside the middle East after the 1973 Arab Oil Embargo finally yielding runaway production by the mid 1980s, that caused prices to fall through the floor. This led directly to a Russian Depression. Perestroika indirectly caused the Soviet economy to enter hyperinflation.

- The Soviet War in Afghanistan and US operations against it there.

- Competing against the US in the 1980s arms buildup, something the Soviets count not afford and could not counter technologically or industrially.

- Brezhnev finally dying, and then in the span of just three years (1982 to 1985) going through Andropov, Chernenko and then Gorbachev. So political instability at the highest level. Most of the legacy Soviet leaders expired by then too.

The "killing blow", I think... not the one that is the biggest factor but the one that finished it off, is the US's revolutionary in the Gulf War, at a time the USSR as at it's nadir, illustrating that it wasn't really a peer-level power anymore, except in the nuclear dimension. The post-Vietnam rebuild created a military power that could readily defeat a Soviet-style force in the field in a conventional conflict.

Chernobyl was the biggest one probably, but I think all of these (and some other things) put together in just a few years, is what did it. If they were over two or three decades, maybe the USSR would have survived. But the USSR had a lot of really bad things happen to it from all angles, in about 8 years, with no good news in between.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post

The fall of USSR was the accumulation of many other different factors. There were plenty other communist countries in the region that cut ties with Kremlin before that. There was no number 2 or 3 or 4. Everything was controlled by the central russian party which lost more power and influence slowly decade by decade.
    In the end it was the russians that got fed up with that dying system. The problem is that it remained a contained garbage system where corruption flourished and those that had power in the old systems kept that power = everything past 1990 to today's Putin old KGB fart playing CIV VII IRL while the country decays in poverty .
    Netflix Chernobyl might not be a 100% rendition of the chernobyl facts but its a great picture of how everything actually ran in those times in all the countries influenced by USSR and the joys of communism.
    Last edited by Vorkreist; 2019-06-09 at 11:42 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    So they're saying they were so incompetent that they let the Americans sabotage one of their nuclear power plants?

Damn Mother Russia, what a bunch of losers.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Incase you have been living under a rock Russia has played this shifting the blame game for a looong time.
    I'm sure it wasn't the only one.