Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    I can accept the nerf in terms of weekly "free 410+", with no skill requirements.
    But what about m+ progression?

Shouldn't they, since the players push themselves through high lvl m+, give instead those rewards to those who challenge m+ as they are intended?
    • m+ lvl 10-14 > weekly reward 430
    • m+ lvl 15+17 > weekly reward ilvl 435
    • m+ lvl 18+ > weekly ilvl reward 440
    Thats a better solution.

Its not as if the individual player requires more "skill" to kill a mythic raid boss than that required to clear a ~18+ in time. No doubt raids require a lot more patience, jackass tolerance, and time, and Blizzard seems keen to continue rewarding that commitment, but lets not pretend its any more skillful.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nerfing M+ gear is meaningless if WQ gives Account Bound items to boost your toon to 425 gear, which is SUPER close to heroic level gear. Lesser rewards in M+ does not fix that at all.

Blizzard knows that M+ Dungeoneers are the largest playerbase in their current game. If they piss off those people the sub numbers would drop so fast they could literally just cancel the next expansion and just continue with Classic only. I sincerely hope that they are aware of that, I know so many people that would quit without their weekly M+ runs. Raids are the niche in current WoW, Dungeons is the main content.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    If they piss off those people the sub numbers would drop so fast
    They have. M+ peaked in Legion. So what?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    Thats a better solution.

Its not as if the individual player requires more "skill" to kill a mythic raid boss than that required to clear a ~18+ in time. No doubt raids require a lot more patience, jackass tolerance, and time, and Blizzard seems keen to continue rewarding that commitment, but lets not pretend its any more skillful.
    lets not pretend doing a +18 on the 5 rights specs is anywhere near doing a +18 on 5 non FotM specs either.

should prot warr, resto druid, rogues, windwalkers, DH's get the same loot from a +18 as a bear/holy pala/enhance sham/affliction lock/DK?

clearly team B is at a huge disadvantage.

m+ should be as it is, best gear rewarded from a +10 or +15 that every spec can easily achieve, doing a+20 or +25 should be for FotM specs only and reward nothing extra.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    actually this is killing not only mythic + but also anything below mythic raids .

because why do hardmodes when you can farm pearls for guaranteed 425.

ridiculous change to cater to mythic crybabies .

hurting 99% so special 1% snowflakes can feel better.

idiotic toxic move .
    Low effort playstyles don't deserve the same rewards as people who invest actual time in the raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard knows that M+ Dungeoneers are the largest playerbase in their current game. If they piss off those people the sub numbers would drop so fast they could literally just cancel the next expansion and just continue with Classic only. I sincerely hope that they are aware of that, I know so many people that would quit without their weekly M+ runs. Raids are the niche in current WoW, Dungeons is the main content.
    I love how you think Classic is actually going to remain popular after a month or two. After the hype dies down, all the people who want gear for minimal effort, IE 90% of the people in this thread whining about M+ rewards being nerfed, will leave Classic before even hitting lv60.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Low effort playstyles don't deserve the same rewards as people who invest actual time in the raids.

- - - Updated - - -

I love how you think Classic is actually going to remain popular after a month or two. After the hype dies down, all the people who want gear for minimal effort, IE 90% of the people in this thread whining about M+ rewards being nerfed, will leave Classic before even hitting lv60.
    In my hypothetical scenario they would piss off M+ players, which means a vast majority of WoW players would quit. In that scenario, yes I truly believe that Classic would overshadow retail in terms of player count. WoW without an active M+ community would be dead in the water and f2p/scrapped faster than you think. Classic player count would be bigger than Retail WoW without M+, not even close. The only reason WoW is even relevant in the MMO market is entirely because of M+. This feature needs to be honed, cherished and be their flagship for content. Raiding as we know it (mechanically super complex mythic raiding) is dying fast. People don't want 100 abilities spammed at their character. Classic raiding will be more popular although it takes more time to farm. Mythic raiding is absolutely unnecessary for WoW success.

And this is not "wishful" thinking. Each and every cycle sees less and less guilds and players participate in mythic raids.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2019-06-16 at 11:51 PM.

Is this really happening or was the guy just trolling / getting confused at a temporary change?

In my hypothetical scenario they would piss off M+ players, which means a vast majority of WoW players would quit. In that scenario, yes I truly believe that Classic would overshadow retail in terms of player count. WoW without an active M+ community would be dead in the water and f2p/scrapped faster than you think. Classic player count would be bigger than Retail WoW without M+, not even close. The only reason WoW is even relevant in the MMO market is entirely because of M+. This feature needs to be honed, cherished and be their flagship for content. Raiding as we know it (mechanically super complex mythic raiding) is dying fast. People don't want 100 abilities spammed at their character. Classic raiding will be more popular although it takes more time to farm. Mythic raiding is absolutely unnecessary for WoW success.

And this is not "wishful" thinking. Each and every cycle sees less and less guilds and players participate in mythic raids.
    And yet, there's roughly the same amount of guilds clearing the highest difficulty raid content each tier since Wrath as there is now. Crying that top end raiding isn't an important aspect of the game is just plain ignorant. M+ isn't needed for WoW to be successful, it was successful for a decade without it and they aren't even removing it, they're just making the rewards match the effort, which is an acceptable change.

But in no way would Classic ever be more popular than retail, even on the top private servers highest point they only had 300k "active" accounts, which they later had to redact because it was skewed with bots and several accounts that weren't actually active. Classic will be lively for a couple months, then the playerbase won't play it regardless of a MINIMAL change that they do to M+.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2019-06-17 at 02:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Is this really happening or was the guy just trolling / getting confused at a temporary change?
    people jumped the gun and decided to act like the sky was falling. Doing a 10 on the ptr currently drops 430 gear. Tomorrow when people open caches on the ptr they will likely give 440 gear.

same as always.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    people jumped the gun and decided to act like the sky was falling. Doing a 10 on the ptr currently drops 430 gear. Tomorrow when people open caches on the ptr they will likely give 440 gear.

same as always.
    So whats the word? Was this just speculation or do you have shiny 440 gear in your cache?

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    yea Uldir, BoD and CoS are clearly meleecraft

and if you are talking about m+, its roguecraft not meleecraft.
    Whaat!?
    Uldir and CoS was a mix of melee and ranged,
    BoD is a raid which favors more ranged than melee dps.
    In fact if you see the hc and My logs the first 6 positions are all occupied by ranged classes and not by melee.
    The first melee is the sin rogue in 7th position.
    Furthermore there is not a single fight where as top dps there is a melee .
    So write that BoD is a raid for melee gives me the impression that you are playing another game.
    Also First Kill CoS, maybe there was only one melee in the group the rest was ele sham, shadow e affli lock
    In m+ I agree with you, if you plan to push keys like melee dps, you only have three solutions: OW Rogue > WW Monk >= Havoc DH.
    Last edited by CiccioBello; 2019-06-18 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaouSai View Post
    So whats the word? Was this just speculation or do you have shiny 440 gear in your cache?
    find out as soon as someone who did dungeons last week opens one im sure it will be all over the forums one way or the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    find out as soon as someone who did dungeons last week opens one im sure it will be all over the forums one way or the other.
    so, weekly chest gives 440. As an aside - a 16 gave a little over 22k titan residuum.

Is it confirmed that the ilvl for M10 end of dungeon is 420 and the weekly chest is 430 on live?

Quote Originally Posted by Vladar View Post
    Is it confirmed that the ilvl for M10 end of dungeon is 420 and the weekly chest is 430 on live?
    when season 3 starts, end of dungeon reward for +10 will be 430. Weekly chest will be 440.

Quote Originally Posted by thedoom View Post
    youtube.com/watch?v=SDsZKDwL1ho

Thanks to all these selfish, arrogant raiders who kept complaining to blizzard that Mythic+ dropped good gear.

This game is soo garbage now, if you don't run raids then there is 0 content left. It's time to unsub until Classic WoW.
    QQ babycakes.

Either way it will not get people to fill up raids either. Smaller scale content is easier to organize and complete on any time structure where as raids are horrible for. I am sure people will continue to do Mythic plus regardless of the reduced rewards.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like how this has been proven to not be the case and people are still running with it because they're not actually reading the thread, just the OP.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I like how this has been proven to not be the case and people are still running with it because they're not actually reading the thread, just the OP.
    5 pages to deal with a complete non-issue was funny. 28 pages now is just ... well I don't really even have a word for this. What makes it even better is that the ilvl bumps have worked this exact same way for every new season for two expansions. But that's not going to get in the way of the pitchfork and torch crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    5 pages to deal with a complete non-issue was funny. 28 pages now is just ... well I don't really even have a word for this. What makes it even better is that the ilvl bumps have worked this exact same way for every new season for two expansions. But that's not going to get in the way of the pitchfork and torch crowd.
    forums here and most other places are a dumpster fire. i just need something to laugh at when im at work