Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Low effort playstyles don't deserve the same rewards as people who invest actual time in the raids.

- - - Updated - - -

I love how you think Classic is actually going to remain popular after a month or two. After the hype dies down, all the people who want gear for minimal effort, IE 90% of the people in this thread whining about M+ rewards being nerfed, will leave Classic before even hitting lv60.
    In my hypothetical scenario they would piss off M+ players, which means a vast majority of WoW players would quit. In that scenario, yes I truly believe that Classic would overshadow retail in terms of player count. WoW without an active M+ community would be dead in the water and f2p/scrapped faster than you think. Classic player count would be bigger than Retail WoW without M+, not even close. The only reason WoW is even relevant in the MMO market is entirely because of M+. This feature needs to be honed, cherished and be their flagship for content. Raiding as we know it (mechanically super complex mythic raiding) is dying fast. People don't want 100 abilities spammed at their character. Classic raiding will be more popular although it takes more time to farm. Mythic raiding is absolutely unnecessary for WoW success.

And this is not "wishful" thinking. Each and every cycle sees less and less guilds and players participate in mythic raids.
    Last edited by Qnubi; Yesterday at 11:51 PM.

Is this really happening or was the guy just trolling / getting confused at a temporary change?

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    In my hypothetical scenario they would piss off M+ players, which means a vast majority of WoW players would quit. In that scenario, yes I truly believe that Classic would overshadow retail in terms of player count. WoW without an active M+ community would be dead in the water and f2p/scrapped faster than you think. Classic player count would be bigger than Retail WoW without M+, not even close. The only reason WoW is even relevant in the MMO market is entirely because of M+. This feature needs to be honed, cherished and be their flagship for content. Raiding as we know it (mechanically super complex mythic raiding) is dying fast. People don't want 100 abilities spammed at their character. Classic raiding will be more popular although it takes more time to farm. Mythic raiding is absolutely unnecessary for WoW success.

And this is not "wishful" thinking. Each and every cycle sees less and less guilds and players participate in mythic raids.
    And yet, there's roughly the same amount of guilds clearing the highest difficulty raid content each tier since Wrath as there is now. Crying that top end raiding isn't an important aspect of the game is just plain ignorant. M+ isn't needed for WoW to be successful, it was successful for a decade without it and they aren't even removing it, they're just making the rewards match the effort, which is an acceptable change.

But in no way would Classic ever be more popular than retail, even on the top private servers highest point they only had 300k "active" accounts, which they later had to redact because it was skewed with bots and several accounts that weren't actually active. Classic will be lively for a couple months, then the playerbase won't play it regardless of a MINIMAL change that they do to M+.
    Last edited by Zyky; Today at 02:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.